musturde Posted September 11, 2005 Posted September 11, 2005 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Sep 11 2005, 10:23 AM']Once again if I were in his situation and it were just me, I would pack up and never look back. Some of these situations need to be confronted for the sake of others however. Now it may be that there will never be another who passes through the doors of that building who is planning on studying to be a priest. But their hearts are wrong with regard to the proper treatment of others. It is for their own good as well as others who work there that action be taken. The harrassment in this case is quite serious and direct. The company should have consequences (they are culpable when they do nothing), as well as the individuals involved. [right][snapback]719243[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I dont agree, they're just teenagers who are really immature. They'll find their own way to punish themselves. You shouldnt spend the money/time to go through a lawsuit for this. It's pointless.
ofpheritup Posted September 11, 2005 Posted September 11, 2005 [quote name='prose' date='Sep 9 2005, 06:25 PM']Isn't it illegal to take that cost out of your cheque? I had a boss try that once, and it turned out that they can not take ANY money from your cheque without your expressed consent. He even tried to get us to sign waivers so he could do it, but that was illegal too b/c you can't agree to giving someone an unknown amount of money. Maybe it is just a Canadian thing. [right][snapback]717526[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You are right. I once had a boss who threatened that if the burgers weren't done right that the money would be taken out of our paychecks. I looked her straight in the face and said, " Do you want to keep YOUR job? What you are proposing is illegal and we are not so stupid that we don't know this." She backed off. Everything that is going on is ILLEGAL the harrassment, everything. A lawyer is not necessary at this point. What is necessary is a phone call to the local Dept. of Labor, let them know what is going on and get advice.
thessalonian Posted September 11, 2005 Posted September 11, 2005 [quote name='musturde' date='Sep 11 2005, 11:16 AM']I dont agree, they're just teenagers who are really immature. They'll find their own way to punish themselves. You shouldnt spend the money/time to go through a lawsuit for this. It's pointless. [right][snapback]719271[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If it were just kids I would say, don't bother but the problem as I read it is broader than that. In the other thread I believe he said his boss was involved in being unwilling to do anything about it. That is a different matter. I think the company needs to be confronted more than the individuals involved because they are creating an atmosphere that allows this type of thing. The sexual stuff is serious. There are and will be women working at this company. I have not said he should spend a bunch of money on it but should see if a lawyer will take it on, as they many times do, with fees paid if a judgement is reached. At any rate it seems there is an atmosphere of harrassment in the company, even the stuff about sex is harrassment. This should be dealt with. To look the other way is the easy way out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now