avemaria40 Posted September 11, 2005 Posted September 11, 2005 cmom, i wish my school was like that. sometimes at casual dances, it's all i can do to keep my purity when other kids are doing that. i think this year, i won't go to any dances except prom and homecoming b/c when everyone's in their nice clothes, they don't do stuff like that. And if my friends ask me why i won't go to casual dances, i'll be honest and say, it offends my morals.
curtins Posted September 11, 2005 Author Posted September 11, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Sep 11 2005, 03:36 PM']If a kid persists in putting his hands [or her hands] where they should not be, they are removed from the dance area, call their parents and are escorted off the premises. [right][snapback]719486[/snapback][/right] [/quote] cmom- I'm sorry but its the putting of the hands where they don't belong- I dont think id even notice that- Its putting the crotch area where it doesnt belong
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 12, 2005 Posted September 12, 2005 Just because I just found this [quote]Truly barren is a secular education. It is always in labor, but never gives birth. St. Gregory of Nyssa (330-395AD) on Education and Learning Mini-Bio: Cappadocian; bishop, theologian[/quote]
photosynthesis Posted September 12, 2005 Posted September 12, 2005 I went to an alternative high school for 2 years, and there were lots of prostitutes and coke dealers and so I used to see that stuff all the time. nothing surprises me anymore... but even when I was in public school, chaperones would never let anything like that happen at a school dance. I would recommend talking to the principal/headmaster and writing an opinion article in the school newspaper, if you have one. Also, what about telling your parents? I remember when I was going to my alternative high school, lots of people were doing drugs on the school bus and I had to get my mom involved. It was embarassing (since i was known as the nark) but well worth it.
ReinnieR Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 hmm hs days well i remember HS i was very heterodox i see this from the other end not from your end so the high schools i've been too are much worse i was in jersey city new jersey so yeah but now that i'm back in to the faith again i see were you're coming from i'm sorry that you had to go through that but kids will be kids and that's what they do and it's really sad isn't it?
homeschoolmom Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='kateri05' date='Sep 9 2005, 09:49 PM']even i used to forget to "leave room for the Holy Spirit" [right][snapback]717707[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I was going to say that "good Catholics" dance leaving enough room for the Holy Ghost. You need an order of tough nuns in full habit walking around smackin' people with rulars.
curtins Posted October 1, 2005 Author Posted October 1, 2005 YES! ok update: I wrote a letter to the priest and I'm meeting with him on monday to discuss
philothea Posted October 1, 2005 Posted October 1, 2005 Excellent news! I'm very curious to find out what he says.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 1, 2005 Posted October 1, 2005 WOW! It may be that I'm from Kansas, or that I went to public school, but I NEVER saw anything that bad at any school dance, even at the many dances I DJ'd at other schools *Prays Hard*
Philippe Posted October 1, 2005 Posted October 1, 2005 ya let us know how that goes, this stuff happens all the time at our school dances, it doesnt even seem to bother me anymore which isnt good
White Knight Posted October 1, 2005 Posted October 1, 2005 (edited) Thats horrifying prayers. Edited October 1, 2005 by White Knight
goldenchild17 Posted October 1, 2005 Posted October 1, 2005 (edited) Now I know why I didn't go to public school. Edited October 1, 2005 by goldenchild17
curtins Posted October 16, 2005 Author Posted October 16, 2005 ok sorry for not posting lately but I did meet with him and basically reiterated and with more detail what I said in my letter. when he was announcing about the homecoming dance he said "and because this is a Catholic school there will only be appropriate dancing no grinding" Everyone laughed. I have a feeling I might be meetting with him in the future though to discuss things further.
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted October 16, 2005 Posted October 16, 2005 I don't go to school dances. Everyone is lame and they don't want to be fun and goofy. And every couple looks like they are having sex. I'm going to go to prom though. That's probably the only dance I will go to. I think no matter where you go, people are human and things like that are going to happen.
Philippe Posted October 16, 2005 Posted October 16, 2005 i'm hittin up every dance and i'm gonna have a good time without any dry humping!
daugher-of-Mary Posted October 16, 2005 Posted October 16, 2005 Curtins, The same thing happens at my Catholic school. Don't be discouraged. You have a beautifully strong sense of right and wrong...CLING to that! Don't lose it, and you'll likely encounter some people who feel the same way you do. My freshman year was tough because I felt SO alone, but bit by bit I've found friends who value the Faith as much as I do. Talk to your chaplain and if necessary, your Bishop. That kind of behaviour shouldn't be happening in a Catholic school.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now