Paladin D Posted September 12, 2005 Posted September 12, 2005 Paczki - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C4%85czki"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C4%85czki[/url] Pierogi - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi[/url] (has a horrible image of a pierogi, don't judge them by it) Polish cuisine - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_cuisine#History"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_cuisine#History[/url]
sweetpea316 Posted September 12, 2005 Posted September 12, 2005 Hmm...I've never had Polish food...but that looks quite tasty!
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 12, 2005 Posted September 12, 2005 They served Pierogis today at lunch! Today must have been Polish day! Hoorah!
LSW Posted September 12, 2005 Posted September 12, 2005 Ah yes. Paczki. My Grandpa was a master baker and he used to bake them for us all the time back when I was a kid living in Poland. He would stay up all night making them so that me and my brother would wake up to fresh paczki's. They would literaly melt in your mouth. So good!
Totus Tuus Posted September 12, 2005 Posted September 12, 2005 I love Polish food. Unfortunately, our little polish restaurant is pretty far away from my house so we can't go there much (I've only been there once). But it kind of reminds me of German food, sort of.
Laudate_Dominum Posted September 12, 2005 Posted September 12, 2005 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Sep 12 2005, 02:27 PM']Paczki - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C4%85czki"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C4%85czki[/url] Pierogi - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi[/url] (has a horrible image of a pierogi, don't judge them by it) Polish cuisine - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_cuisine#History"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_cuisine#History[/url] [right][snapback]720815[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't like wikipedia anymore.
Paladin D Posted September 12, 2005 Author Posted September 12, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Sep 12 2005, 05:38 PM']I don't like wikipedia anymore. [right][snapback]720987[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Why's that? Hope it's not because of Littleles.
Sarah_JC Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 Ever heard Righteous B's "Kabassi Posse"? (not sure if I spelled it right) Mmm. Pierogi's.... there's just something about potatoes and coagulated milk...
Era Might Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 Fried kilbasa and white rice is delish. I'm not polish, but I went to a polish parish as a kid, so I guess that makes me kinda Polish.
Philippe Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 i was just in Poland and i thought the food was pretty good. Some things were strange but the pastries are to die for, so is the bread mmmmm
Norseman82 Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 [quote name='Old_Joe' date='Sep 12 2005, 07:04 PM']What about Polish Sausage? [right][snapback]721152[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That's kielbasa.....
photosynthesis Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 (edited) my mom makes the best polish food ever!!! we make homemade pierogi for christmas and easter and thanksgiving every year. it just isn't a holiday without pierogi. Edited September 13, 2005 by photosynthesis
Paladin D Posted September 13, 2005 Author Posted September 13, 2005 [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Sep 13 2005, 01:27 AM']my mom makes the best polish food ever!!! we make homemade pierogi for christmas and easter and thanksgiving every year. it just isn't a holiday without pierogi. [right][snapback]721514[/snapback][/right] [/quote] We make homemade pierogi too. :
Fides_et_Ratio Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 I didn't like the food in Poland. No offense to JPII (or any other great Poles).. it was just... interesting... give me Italian anyday!
Nathan Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 I'm not Polish, but I love Polish food! Kielbasa, pierogi ... it's all good. A Polish friend of mine served me some white fish -- I can't remember the name of it (silver fish?) -- that you have to pour vinegar on before eating. Flippin' [i]delish[/i]! And NOTHING beats a cold bottle of Zywiec on a hot day.
cmotherofpirl Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 My irish parish was just joined to the polish one down the street. THis ought to make social events interesting.
Paladin D Posted September 13, 2005 Author Posted September 13, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Sep 13 2005, 11:57 AM']My irish parish was just joined to the polish one down the street. THis ought to make social events interesting. [right][snapback]721779[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well, Polish and Irish like drinking.
argent_paladin Posted September 13, 2005 Posted September 13, 2005 I love Polish food (in Poland, they call it "food"). Nalesniki, which are crepe/pancakes that are filled with soft sweet coagulated milk and usually have fruit on top! Very good! Placki, which are potato pancakes, I especially like them "po Budapestansku", which means, "in the Budapest way" and so it has goulash on top. Zurek, which is hot, white sour soup, usually with potatoes and often with kielbasa. This is my favorite and I could have it every day. Paladin D, let me know when you're having Polish food for dinner and I'll drop by! (I lived in Krakow for a year as a student, and was there for a week last month before WYD. If you need resturant recs, let me know.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now