Theoketos Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='dUSt' date='Sep 19 2005, 12:42 PM']When people are kneeling and praying and blocking me I just give them a gentle slap on the back of their head and whisper "You're on my time now grandma!!!" and then step over them making sure my Adidas scrape the top of their calves. On the days I'm feeling really holy I then go right back into the pew in front of them, and if they're still praying I get down about 2 inches from their face and blow in their eyes real hard. [right][snapback]729964[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That made me spit water.
Noel's angel Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='Theoketos' date='Sep 19 2005, 06:54 PM']No, we do not need to vent. Vent is another word for gossip/badger. As to what else we have to talk about...all that is good true and beautiful. I can think of about 1000 other better threads...I am going to start one right now. [right][snapback]729986[/snapback][/right] [/quote] don't shout at me when there have been at least 10 other people who have posted on this thread.
p0lar_bear Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='Noel's angel' date='Sep 19 2005, 02:14 PM']what else do we have to talk about [right][snapback]729899[/snapback][/right] [/quote] How about starting a discussion on what book(s) you are reading now? A good homily you heard/read? What you thought of the Emmys last night? Silly things you did as a kid? Random jokes? Pop, soda, or coke? Smilies that have changed your life? Your favorite food? Pope Benedict's address to bishops from Mexico? A show you saw on TV? A cool website or blog you came across?. . . .
p0lar_bear Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='Noel's angel' date='Sep 19 2005, 03:00 PM']don't shout at me when there have been at least 10 other people who have posted on this thread. [right][snapback]729989[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Well, I can't speak for Theoketos, but my posts are directed at everyone posting here, not just you. Your comment just made easy quoting.
Theoketos Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='Noel's angel' date='Sep 19 2005, 01:00 PM']don't shout at me when there have been at least 10 other people who have posted on this thread. [right][snapback]729989[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My sincerest apologies for shouting at you. Really I had no idea I was being so loud in my thoughts that you could hear me on the Emrald Isle. Seriously though, I did not mean to pick on you. Please forgive me for singling you out.
Noel's angel Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 i didn't start this topic, i merely participated in it. I am also happy to participate in topics which involve those things mentioned in your list.
franciscanheart Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='dUSt' date='Sep 19 2005, 11:39 AM']Two ladies were talking in the pew behind me during the homily once. After about 5 minutes I finally got fed up. I simply turned around and looked at them--and I'm not talking about just a glance. It was a steady look until they stopped. It wasn't a mean look, but simply a "maybe I should join in on your converstaion rather than listen to the homily?" look. It worked. [right][snapback]729818[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i wish i had the guts. i usually make a loud thud and people are quiet because they dont want to be the ones everyone is staring at when they are talking AND making loud noises. [quote name='dUSt' date='Sep 19 2005, 12:42 PM']When people are kneeling and praying and blocking me I just give them a gentle slap on the back of their head and whisper "You're on my time now grandma!!!" and then step over them making sure my Adidas scrape the top of their calves. On the days I'm feeling really holy I then go right back into the pew in front of them, and if they're still praying I get down about 2 inches from their face and blow in their eyes real hard. [right][snapback]729964[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i just woke up my father! the funniest part is imagining you actually doing it.... i never wanna be in the same church with you again!
Noel's angel Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='Theoketos' date='Sep 19 2005, 07:03 PM']My sincerest apologies for shouting at you. Really I had no idea I was being so loud in my thoughts that you could hear me on the Emrald Isle. Seriously though, I did not mean to pick on you. Please forgive me for singling you out. [right][snapback]729994[/snapback][/right] [/quote] shout was the only word i could think of lol
Norseman82 Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='Noel's angel' date='Sep 19 2005, 12:44 PM']I used to eat the missalette [right][snapback]729968[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I've head of "Not on bread alone shall man live", but aren't you taking that a bit too far??????
Brother Adam Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 Eh. So we talk about what annoys us. No one has mentioned names or gotten too specific. Being annoyed is what changes things. Newscasters do it all the time. Eventually someone listens and tells you to shut your trap or someone listens and says 'that's true, let's change it'. but if something is amiss and no one ever says anything, than how is anyone suppose to know?
toledo_jesus Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 I'm fairly easy to distract, so I don't appreciate when kids bring light up toys and talking books to Mass. I also think it's disgraceful for an adult to be chatting through the homily. I have been guilty of giving blank looks to people hoping they'll shut up. It smells of elderberries, cause my priest has good homilies and everyone in the pews needs to hear them.
Luthien Posted September 19, 2005 Posted September 19, 2005 [quote name='dUSt' date='Sep 19 2005, 12:42 PM']When people are kneeling and praying and blocking me I just give them a gentle slap on the back of their head and whisper "You're on my time now grandma!!!" and then step over them making sure my Adidas scrape the top of their calves. On the days I'm feeling really holy I then go right back into the pew in front of them, and if they're still praying I get down about 2 inches from their face and blow in their eyes real hard. [right][snapback]729964[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oy that made me laugh really hard.
gonzaga Posted September 21, 2005 Author Posted September 21, 2005 well, I do think some things need to be addressed.
Noel's angel Posted September 21, 2005 Posted September 21, 2005 [quote name='Norseman82' date='Sep 19 2005, 07:36 PM']I've head of "Not on bread alone shall man live", but aren't you taking that a bit too far?????? [right][snapback]730020[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
LSW Posted September 21, 2005 Posted September 21, 2005 People who have their hands at their sides and chewing the Eucharist like bubble gum while returning to their pews after receiving Those who talk during the consecration Parents who won't leave the church with a child that is acting up and making to much noise and actually thinking its cute people who read the Parish bulletin during the homily
Andrea348 Posted September 21, 2005 Posted September 21, 2005 at mass last week there was a girl about 10.....she had her sneakers off and while she was kneeling (when she was kneeling) she had her feet on the pew and knees on the kneeler exposing her socks. she was also doing other stuff that distracted me but i don't remember what it was now. i can understand young children who have trouble occupying themselves...but 10 year olds should know how to behave in Mass.
stargirl3:16 Posted September 21, 2005 Posted September 21, 2005 The priest disrobing before the recessional song. True story.
missionseeker Posted September 22, 2005 Posted September 22, 2005 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Sep 19 2005, 12:55 PM'] actually, one of the things that bothers me, i'm going to ask the music director about. they never use the psalm that you are supposed to sing, i'm going to ask why not? [right][snapback]729849[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I wonder that, too [quote name='LSW' date='Sep 21 2005, 05:57 PM'] People who have their hands at their sides and chewing the Eucharist like bubble gum while returning to their pews after receiving[QUOTE] How about people who chew gum in the communion line (is there a better phrase for that?) then put in their pocket or behind they're ear. [QUOTE]Parents who won't leave the church with a child that is acting up and making to much noise and actually thinking its cute[/QUOTE] My 3 year old brother was acting up and Dad was gonna take him out for a while, but when he stood up Dom started shreiking I DON'T WANT A 'PANKING! at the top of his lungs and almost everyone in the church laughed it was a tiny church. [QUOTE]people who read the Parish bulletin during the homily[/QUOTE] I am guilty of this but in my defence the preist was just spouting out heresay
Frankencow Posted September 22, 2005 Posted September 22, 2005 [quote name='little_angel202' date='Sep 19 2005, 11:02 AM']during the sign of peace people who say 'hi how are you?' when they shake your hand; should you reply??? [right][snapback]729763[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Blessed. By the way, peace of Christ be with you. What really gets me confused is when the Priest gets all PC and changes the gender words around to something else. Can't we just honor God in the manner HE has revealed HIMSELF to us? Yeesh.
missionseeker Posted September 23, 2005 Posted September 23, 2005 One time I was at a new place and this guy behind me was whistling the hymn-------------------------- during Communion!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now