An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kent Hrbek

Thumper

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 19 2005, 03:51 PM']Aren't exercise buddies usually a little closer after a workout or does that fire symbolize the sweaty heat left over from...errrr...the long hike?
[right][snapback]730175[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Usually. But not when they're making s'mores.

The good news is that Thumper is an extraordinary friend with quite a charming wit!!

The bad news is that Hrbek couldn't come fishing. His ailing mother is not doing well.

(Catch up note)

I do some marketing for a fancy shmancy resort and it was arranged that Kent Hrbek ( greatest Twins 1st baseman ever) was coming up to film his fishing show. the show goes on alas without my hero! However, his cohost has promised that we will go golfing or out to dinner with Mr Hrbek sometime in the near future.

Thump rocks!!

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 19 2005, 07:46 PM']The good news is that Thumper is an extraordinary friend with quite a charming wit!!

The bad news is that Hrbek couldn't come fishing.  His ailing mother is not doing well. 

(Catch up note)

I do some marketing for a fancy shmancy resort and it was arranged that Kent Hrbek ( greatest Twins 1st baseman ever) was coming up to film his fishing show.  the show goes on alas without my hero!  However, his cohost has promised that we will go golfing or out to dinner with Mr Hrbek sometime in the near future. 

Thump rocks!!
[right][snapback]730484[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Man, your job really bites.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 19 2005, 07:49 PM']Man, your job really bites.
[right][snapback]730491[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This is only a consulting gig. My real job takes me to boring places

Like Ixtapa ;)

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 19 2005, 08:46 PM']The bad news is that Hrbek couldn't come fishing.  His ailing mother is not doing well. 
[/quote]

Sadness! Although now I suppose I will be spared the following conversational segways:

"Kent's so funny, you should have heard the joke he made about his fishing line . . . ."

" . . . oh my gosh, Kent said the most amazing thing, it completely changed my life perspective . . . "

"Big K--I mean, Kent Hrbeck--and I really saw eye to eye on state politics."

"I don't know if 'soul mate' is the right term . . . . It just seems trite compared to the connection Kent and I share."

:hehe:

Love you, hot stuff. And I'll say prayers for the Hrbeck family, no jokes.

[quote name='Thumper' date='Sep 19 2005, 10:24 PM']Sadness!  Although now I suppose I will be spared the following conversational segways:

"Kent's so funny, you should have heard the joke he made about his fishing line . . . ."

" . . . oh my gosh, Kent said the most amazing thing, it completely changed my life perspective . . . "

"Big K--I mean, Kent Hrbeck--and I really saw eye to eye on state politics."

"I don't know if 'soul mate' is the right term . . . . It just seems trite compared to the connection Kent and I share." 

[right][snapback]730519[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:rolling:

I spit out water!

[quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 20 2005, 09:21 AM']:rolling:

I spit out water!
[right][snapback]730899[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Careful. Dehydration is a serious concern.

. . . Glad I was able to amuse. ^_^

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 19 2005, 09:46 PM']Kent Hrbek ( greatest Twins 1st baseman ever)
[right][snapback]730484[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This Guy might[url="http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/killebrew_harmon.htm"]have something to say about that.[/url]

[img]http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/images/Killebrew_Harmon_3.jpg[/img]

Although twins fans should hope that this guy wouldn't have something to say about that..[img]http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesrc/david-ortiz-ultra.jpg[/img]

aka "Big Poppy"

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Sep 20 2005, 03:34 PM']They don't look like twins. :unsure:
[right][snapback]731275[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Fraternal. ;)