An Old School Catholic Message Board

What should I make for Bible study?

Sojourner

I'm having Bible study at my house tonight. What should I make?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thy Geekdom Come

1 box chocolate cake mix (with pudding mix inside)
1 box of chocolate pudding mix (yeah, that's right...in addition to the included stuff)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel sauce
1 bag pecans
1 tub chocolate frosting

Do the cake mix, stir in extra pudding mix, bake. Let cool. Poke with tons of little holes (the dough may stick to the knife...just squeeze it back off and try to set it back on the cake...you're putting frosting on, too...so it won't look nasty). Pour condensed milk over the top. Pour caramel over the top. Sprinkle pecans over the top. Set in the fridge and allow milk and caramel to absorb into cake. Frost. Serve cold.

Enjoy.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:28 PM']1  box chocolate cake mix (with pudding mix inside)
1  box of chocolate pudding mix (yeah, that's right...in addition to the included stuff)
1  can sweetened condensed milk
1  jar caramel sauce
1  bag pecans
1  tub chocolate frosting

Do the cake mix, stir in extra pudding mix, bake.  Let cool.  Poke with tons of little holes (the dough may stick to the knife...just squeeze it back off and try to set it back on the cake...you're putting frosting on, too...so it won't look nasty).  Pour condensed milk over the top.  Pour caramel over the top.  Sprinkle pecans over the top.  Set in the fridge and allow milk and caramel to absorb into cake.  Frost.  Serve cold.

Enjoy.
[right][snapback]732894[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I've made that before ... it is really good. But, I'd have to go to the grocery store for 2/3 of the ingredients ...

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:26 PM']scones and tea. i'm so in love with this combination right now!  :drool:
[right][snapback]732892[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Me too ... I had a tea party on Sunday and I kinda want to replicate it. I'm just a little worried because there's a lot of guys in the group, and aren't tea parties kinda girly? At least in America?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 21 2005, 03:45 PM']I've made that before ... it is really good. But, I'd have to go to the grocery store for 2/3 of the ingredients ...
[right][snapback]732923[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Really?

I just made that up a couple weeks ago...

I'm ruined!

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:54 PM']Really?

I just made that up a couple weeks ago...

I'm ruined!
[right][snapback]732934[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, a very similar version. Instead of chocolate frosting, you use whipped topping, and sprinkle broken pieces of Heath bar over the top. It's yummy. Very, very sweet, but yummy.

[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Sep 21 2005, 03:53 PM']Those island cookies sound exceptionally good...
[right][snapback]732999[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
They are pretty good ... they're my own invention. :)

I think I might just make those.

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 21 2005, 03:26 PM']Well, a very similar version. Instead of chocolate frosting, you use whipped topping, and sprinkle broken pieces of Heath bar over the top. It's yummy. Very, very sweet, but yummy.
[right][snapback]732973[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yep, sorry Raph... my mom makes Soj's version all the time.

I vote for chocolate chip cookies and raisin cookie... just because I love them both... Me love cookies...

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:45 PM'] I'm just a little worried because there's a lot of guys in the group, and aren't tea parties kinda girly? At least in America?
[right][snapback]732924[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

GUYS....FOOD. Need I say more?

Although for myself I have never attended a Bible Study with food.
Didn't know they were out there.

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Sep 21 2005, 05:40 PM']GUYS....FOOD.  Need I say more?

Although for myself I have never attended a Bible Study with food.
Didn't know they were out there.
[right][snapback]733145[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Very good point. None of the guys I know will turn down food. They might re-name it, though, to make it sound more manly.

For example, I knew guys in college who would get "egg pie" (quiche) from the cafeteria. :rolleyes:

Oh, and you've never attended a Bible study with food? :blink:

That's weird. Every one I've ever gone to has something. Usually snacky, but sometimes full-fledged dinners.

Edited by Sojourner