Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed"


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote][img]http://www.matthewgood.org/PHOTOS/kidsbook.jpg[/img]
[b][font="Geneva"]Children"s Author: Warn Kids About Liberals[/font][/b]
[font="Courier"]Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) September 13, 2005 - – The tragedy of Hurricane Katrina has exposed an ugly truth about liberals, and parents need to teach this to their kids, according to the author of a controversial upcoming children"s book.

Katharine DeBrecht — the author of the soon-to-be-released "Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed" (Kids Ahead; hardcover: $15.95; ISBN 0976726904) — dismisses the notion that parents should not talk to their young kids about politics. If anything, she claims, the behavior of liberals following the flooding of New Orleans shows that parents with traditional values need to take a hands-on approach to making sure their kids aren"t bombarded by left-wing messages.

"Liberals don"t hesitate in pushing their extremist ideology," says DeBrecht, the mother of three and a co-captain of her state"s Security Moms for Bush. "Their actions in the wake of the tragedy in New Orleans shows this only too well."

In support of her point, DeBrecht asserts that as soon as New Orleans" levees burst liberals set out to exploit the tragedy. She notes that Clinton adviser Sidney Blumenthal immediately blamed President Bush for the flooding, Jesse Jackson claimed black residents were abandoned because of conservatives" racism, and columnist Robert Kennedy Jr. argued that opposition to the Kyoto treaty on global warming caused the hurricane. Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan even used the tragedy to argue against America"s liberation of Iraq.

"As crass as they have been in exploiting the tragedy in the Gulf Coast," adds DeBrecht, "they have been equally aggressive in exploiting America"s children. From pro-socialist stories like "Rainbow Fish" to attacks on traditional values like "King & King," liberals have been pushing books with their extremist philosophy into our classrooms and school libraries unabated for years. Conservative parents have to do what they can to make sure their kids hear the other side of the story."

Although its official publication date is still a week away, "Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed" has already made waves in the typically staid world of children"s publishing. The announcement of the book caused an uproar among liberal commentators, with many claiming the book teaches children to hate. The full-color illustrated story tells of two brothers who open a lemonade stand only to encounter a Ted Kennedy character who taxes away their profits and a pants-suit clad Hillary Clinton look-alike who outlaws sugary drinks.

"Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed" will be available in bookstores nationwide on September 20.

About World Ahead Publishing: Kids Ahead is an imprint of Los Angeles-based World Ahead Publishing, the West Coast's premier publisher of conservative and libertarian books. To learn more, visit www.worldahead.com .

Contact Information: To interview author Katharine DeBrecht, contact Special Guests at (630) 848-0750.

# # #[/font][/quote]

anti-liberal propaganda for the tots in your house, how cool is that! :cool:

Posted

Haha! Bravo, Miss DeBrecht! :lol:

Every parent should buy their kid a copy.

Posted

[quote name='Nathan' date='Sep 22 2005, 04:20 PM']Haha! Bravo, Miss DeBrecht!  :lol:

Every parent should buy their kid a copy.
[right][snapback]734185[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
think this will ever get into the school kid's "weekly reader" program?

Posted

Oh man, look at Clinton and the piggy bank. :hehehe:

Posted
:o: My little brothers would LOVE that book! :lol:
Posted

I got lots of anti-liberal propaganda when I was a wee one. Now I'm part of the liberal media.

Posted

I came up with a new word. "Libservative" is anyone who's both liberal and conservative and i'm both (fiscally liberal, pro amnesty for imigrants pacifist for the most part, pro enviornment, and antideath penalty), conservatively (pro war in Iraq, pro strong defense system, anti abortion, don't agree w/homosexual marriage, anti euthanasia, and anti embryonic stemcell research)

Posted

Poor children of frothing conservatives.

I'm likewise conservative and liberal in different areas. Anti-abortion, anti-Iraq war, Anti-death penalty, anti-stem cell research. Economically I'm a relativist, as in I think socialism would be the best answer for most modern economies, but that could change within a few decades to where the market would become built to the point wherein more laissez-faire policies could be applied.

I think that all state-recognized relationships should be civil unions, whether heterosexual or homosexual. Marriage should not be part of the equation, as it serves a purely religious function. So, I'm anti-gay marriage, but pro-gay civil unions. I think that it would be sinful to be in a homosexual civil union that was sexually consumated, but I think the government has no right to dictate who can sin wherein there are no victims allowed. Cf, the government has a right to prevent abortion because there are victims thereof.

Posted

[quote name='Snarf' date='Sep 22 2005, 05:58 PM']Poor children of frothing conservatives.

I'm likewise conservative and liberal in different areas.  Anti-abortion, anti-Iraq war, Anti-death penalty, anti-stem cell research.  Economically I'm a relativist, as in I think socialism would be the best answer for most modern economies, but that could change within a few decades to where the market would become built to the point wherein more laissez-faire policies could be applied.

I think that all state-recognized relationships should be civil unions, whether heterosexual or homosexual.  Marriage should not be part of the equation, as it serves a purely religious function.  So, I'm anti-gay marriage, but pro-gay civil unions.  I think that it would be sinful to be in a homosexual civil union that was sexually consumated, but I think the government has no right to dictate who can sin wherein there are no victims allowed.  Cf, the government has a right to prevent abortion because there are victims thereof.
[right][snapback]734389[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


ahhh, ok
so your view is pretty much "hand is off the wheel" ...cool
its all good - literally

Posted

That's hilarious!

(". . .It's just the libs under your bed, in your [out of the?] closet, in your head . . .")

Posted

[quote name='Socrates' date='Sep 22 2005, 05:58 PM'](". . .It's just the libs under your bed, in your [out of the?] closet, in your head . . .")
[right][snapback]734501[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

nice

Posted

[quote name='Socrates' date='Sep 22 2005, 06:58 PM']
(". . .It's just the libs under your bed, in your [out of the?] closet, in your head . . .")
[right][snapback]734501[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol:

Posted

That's totally ridiculous and in very bad taste.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Deeds' date='Sep 26 2005, 06:39 AM']That's totally ridiculous and in very bad taste.
[right][snapback]737643[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Why's that? Like kids don't receive enough liberal propaganda in schools these days! (Ask the kids what they're learning in their health and science classes. Almost always, the liberal worldview is presented to them as the "sane, normal" worldview.)

I remember my 5th grade heath class teacher teaching us that masturbation and homosexual lifestyles were good, normal things.

Edited by Nathan
Posted

[quote name='Nathan' date='Sep 26 2005, 08:51 AM']Why's that? Like kids don't receive enough liberal propaganda in schools these days! (Ask the kids what they're learning in their health and science classes. Almost always, the liberal worldview is presented to them as the "sane, normal" worldview.)

I remember my 5th grade heath class teacher teaching us that masturbation and homosexual lifestyles were good, normal things.
[right][snapback]737710[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It's really true...I went to a "Catholic" school and they are now being taught that sex should wait, "Until you are ready." I was terrified that if someone knew politically what I believed they would hurt me, because I wasn't a democrat. I can only think of 5 teachers who weren't liberals (out of 13 years, including kindergarten, of "Catholic" schooling), and only a few that weren't extremly liberal. I actually had to defend a friend because he was told by a teacher that he was a "one issue voter" As one of my friends put it, in regards to their classmates "Where are they getting their conservative input?" And they aren't. At all.

Posted

You got it, MissScripture. I pretty much blame my public education -- from grade school through to college -- for my being a liberal for the first 23 years of my life. I didn't have much of a chance, really. I was only introduced to the sanity of conservatism when I started reading philosophy and political science on my own. And that, in turn, led me to religion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...