Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scripture in the Mass


Recommended Posts

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

Before the Beggar King went offline, it had a dope page with all the scriptural citations for what goes on at Mass. I salvaged it and am going to post it on Catholic Files, but I want some input first:
[url="http://www.catholicfiles.com/soom.html"]http://www.catholicfiles.com/soom.html[/url]

Some things I'm looking for:
Is anything missing?
Do the citations all fit well?
Should more citations be added?
Does the color coding make it easier to follow?

Fides_et_Ratio
Posted

I love it! Great job!

and the color coding is VERY helpful!

Posted

u should make the title and subtitle at the top just plain black, so that it doesn't clash w/ what u want each color to stand for. i wonder if a color code would be helpful too, like a box that says, green = this and read = that. also, it would be cool if you had the scripture citations hyperlinked, so the reader could read the verse if he wanted to w/o having to leave the site to go look it up.

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

I don't think I'll need a legend - the colors aren't really supposed to stand for anything, they just make stuff jump out more. I like the hyperlinking the scriptures idea, but I'll have to set aside a bit of time to do it.

Posted

[quote name='thedude' date='Sep 26 2005, 03:30 PM']I don't think I'll need a legend - the colors aren't really supposed to stand for anything, they just make stuff jump out more.  I like the hyperlinking the scriptures idea, but I'll have to set aside a bit of time to do it.
[right][snapback]738137[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
well, w/ the legend, i mean u could do something like

green: scripture verses
blue: what the priest says
red: what the congregation says
black: commentary

something like that might be helpful.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Man, something like this would have been great when I was writing my paper for my Biblical Studies class... I did write it and I did get plenty help from phatmass too...

It looks good so far... I just find the black and the brown-ish colors to be "hard" to read... otherwise quite nice :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...