theculturewarrior Posted October 2, 2005 Posted October 2, 2005 Mental Health Awareness Week begins today. Everybody knows at least somebody who is challenged by mental illness. I encourage you to give that person a hug. This is our time.
zabbazooey Posted October 2, 2005 Posted October 2, 2005 (edited) *gives herself a hug* Edited October 2, 2005 by zabbazooey
theculturewarrior Posted October 2, 2005 Author Posted October 2, 2005 Awww. I'll give you a hug! That way, we'll have two of us covered! *hug*
zabbazooey Posted October 2, 2005 Posted October 2, 2005 Hehe I've got a mess of mental disorders assigned to me.... I've got them under control now, of course But it took 6 years.
theculturewarrior Posted October 3, 2005 Author Posted October 3, 2005 You usually come to the hospital with one problem and leave with ten. God be thanked for hospitals though!
Snarf Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 In my life I've spent roughly a month in a mental ward. That's so depressing... and awkward. I've been diagnosed as schizoaffective, though my psychologist thinks it's more likely I'm just weird.
zabbazooey Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 I've been to the mental hospital once where I stayed for two weeks, twice for an outpatient program countless counselors, psychiatrists, medications. YUCK.
theculturewarrior Posted October 3, 2005 Author Posted October 3, 2005 We're as beautiful as butterflies, and as delicate too. That's my experience, anyway.
Cow of Shame Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 2 2005, 02:53 PM']Mental Health Awareness Week begins today. [right][snapback]743830[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [color=red]Not nice at all ... play nice.[/color]
Carrie Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 *hugs* to everyone suffering from mental illness. Its a difficult cross to bear.
Dreamweaver Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 Hugs all around! I think its kind of ironic that I was under the weather yesterday. I had ZERO motivation. I'm all better today. I thought Mental Health Awareness Week was last week. My immunology professor posted a link to an online depression screening test right after a nasty test that kicked everyone's butt!
zabbazooey Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 (edited) Edited October 3, 2005 by zabbazooey
Cow of Shame Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 Personally, my friends with mental illness would have found my post HILARIOUS. Just how thin skinned do you think people are? That just because they have a chemical imbalance means they aren't able to recognize lighthearted banter? Are you saying they are STUPID as well? Come ON people!
Azriel Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 Look ... just play nice ok. We've got guidelines ... someone was offended, and that's that. House rules and all that. You don't like it, take it up with management.
Guest T-Bone Posted October 3, 2005 Posted October 3, 2005 I suffer from severe periodic depression. Once I was suicidaly depressed. We should pray for those of us who suffer from mental illness. Hugs all around!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now