An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just an idea, folks.....

benedictaj

Dear All!!!!
I think that this month of the Holy Rosary is already showing signs of being quite amazing and blessed! Last week, on Thurday after Mass, I spoke with my parish priest about my vocation. (I have only spoken to my school chaplain, and a random priest at a youth day about it before.) You know what? I said that I wanted to be a nun....and he said he just KNEW it!!! He had been thinking about it for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks...!!! He wasn't at all surprised, but very happy, and supportive! He does however, like the idea of the student exchange, so he will try to see if the parish can in any way help out. I did say though, that I only want to go if it happens to be our Lords Will. He also recommended not too talk to my parents YET.

But talking to Father has so immensely strengthened my calling to religious life! I have been sooooo happy and giggly the last few days! Seriously, I just walk along the road laughing and smiling because our God is SO good! I keep thinking that no matter how much I love Him, its only a shadow compared His Love for me! and everyone else!!! I am just flying sooo high! Isn't He so AMAZING?!? I was thinking about the idea of Final Vows the other day...and it must be so liberating, entirely His for ALL your life!!!!! and all eternity as well!

Because of my meeting a whole new group of young Catholics after Adoration for our Lady of the Rosary, I was invited to womens only retreat for Saturday night. The speaker was a consecrated woman of Regnum Christi, and she talked about the specific vocation of love that every woman is called to. It was based off an encyclical or a letter to women, about the beauty and dignity of the vocation as a woman, or something...

I was talking to an old friend of mine, (a first year primary school teacher) and during our conversation, she mentions that she is discerning with the Carmelites here in Auckland!!!!!!!!!!! Wahooooo!!! Another NZ discerner!! I told her that I too am discerning, and when she asked me who with, I was about to say contemplative Dominicans, Poor Clares and active Dominican sisters, but somehow, I only talked about a community that I thought I had "laid to rest" my interest...

I love the Rosary....:love: :love: :love:

Wow, good for you! Does not God work in the most wonderous ways?

I would have to agree that this month is grace-filled. For my psycology class I had/have to attend meetings with a student counsilor to get a good grade. I made the appointment and everything and out of the 50 student counsilors guess who I got? A Catholic Priest! (He is earning a degree in Psycology) Guess what else, his vocation story is very similar to mine. God is so kind to help me in this way! :lol: I needed someone wise to help me transition to the seminary, and here he is!

Edited by Philosopher

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Has anybody ever heard of the Immaculate Mysteries?

I was reading an article in Our Sunday Visitor Last Year. And it talked in detail over the Luminous Mysteries, and that there was a priest like 50 years before who came up with mysteries almost identical. It also made reference to various bishops in the last 150 years who proposed various mysteries similar to the Luminous Mysteries. Some of these also included the temptation by the devil in Jerusalem. Various Miracles performed by Jesus, as well as the procession into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday.

What did interest me, was a bishop proposed the Immaculate Mysteries to go with select feastdays of the Blessed Virgin Mary. They go like this:
1. The Immaculate Conception
2. The Nativity of Mary
3. The Presentation of Mary
4. The Perpetual Virginity of Mary
5. The Betrothal of Mary to Joseph

I hardly pray these, but when i do it is special.

I like to pray the rosary at a select time, i try not to do it too late, because then i keep pushing it later, and end up never doing it. I think that becomes a problem for me, since i have made the commitment to do it daily. As sweet as it is while praying it, it is always a hassle getting started.

SHALOM

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Oct 10 2005, 01:36 PM']I like to pray the rosary at a select time, i try not to do it too late, because then i keep pushing it later, and end up never doing it.  I think that becomes a problem for me, since i have made the commitment to do it daily.  As sweet as it is while praying it, it is always a hassle getting started.
[right][snapback]752751[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know what you mean, exactly how it works for me too.

Also, thank you for sharing those mysteries, I will have to save them. :lol:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

A Franciscan "Credo"

Let nothing hinder us--
nothing stand in the way
nothing keep us apart

All over--everywhere
at every hour and at any time
day after day without ceasing

Let us all believe in God
with a true and humble faith--
cherish Him in our hearts