M.SIGGA Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 I'm guessing this is a joke. http://absolution-online.com/confessional/
Ellenita Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 What a dreadful idea. I thought one of the most powerful things about confession is the interaction between the person confessing and the priest. If it can be done 'on line' what's the difference between this and the 'direct line' most protestant denominations subscribe to? Ooh, it really lends itself to confusing people who are in the process of thinking about converting!
VeraMaria Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 garbage. nice info, but you cannot confess ur sins online. lol, this is hilarious!! here's the disclaimer on this site: Disclaimer This is a free service provided for the Internet community. It has not been endorsed by The Church. If you have any doubts about using this service you should consult your priest. The Legal Bit We, absolution-online, disclaim everything we may legally disclaim under the laws of the USA, UK, EEC and all other nations. We make no claims as to the effectiveness of an online confession, rosary or anything else on this site.
Pontifex Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 This stuff drives me crazy!!!!!!!! No, you cannot receive absolution online, or over the phone, or through email. Confession must be in person. Confess and God bless Fr. Pontifex
VeraMaria Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 This stuff drives me crazy!!!!!!!! No, you cannot receive absolution online, or over the phone, or through email. Confession must be in person. Confess and God bless Fr. Pontifex The priest has spoken. You want to contact this website or should i? just a friendly note. makes me sad how many people see this stuff. and think "whoa, those catholics..." whatever. makes me mad. :ph34r:
Khet Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 The more I read on that site, the more I get the feeling that it is a tongue-in-cheek sort of site. Heretical, but rather amusing. -Khet
M.SIGGA Posted December 3, 2003 Author Posted December 3, 2003 There are links to real Catholic sites, the BCC one if fake though. Someone must think this is real.
foundsheep Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 I thought it is quite funny. I tested it out by entering a couple of sins and I must do 48 hail marys and 8 our fathers, yet it didnt ask me to do an act of contrition. I wonder if the computer calculates how much you need to do.lol :lol:
Aloysius Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 their ten commandments are protestant-style. but with the real Catholic links n stuff, i think it's prolly just Catholics with a tidbit of ignorance. :ph34r:
Aloysius Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 i might add though, it does seem to be a pretty cool examination of conscience...
Norseman82 Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 Another problem: with a priest, we have the benefit of the "seal of confession". With the internet, what you confess can be around the globe in a matter of seconds!!
ironmonk Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 (edited) The major point that the Vatican made on this topic about 2 or 3 years ago was that the main reason why online confession will never happen is because the laying on of hands cannot take place. Also, they are not Catholic. See: http://www.biblicalunitarian.com Your Servant in Christ, ironmonk Edited December 3, 2003 by ironmonk
Good Friday Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 Is the laying on of hands supposed to take place during Reconciliation? Because... no hands have ever been laid on me. Now I'm all worried... have all my Confessions been invalid or something?
Norseman82 Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 Is the laying on of hands supposed to take place during Reconciliation? Because... no hands have ever been laid on me. Now I'm all worried... have all my Confessions been invalid or something? Yeah, if you have the screen in the confessional, the priest cannot impose hands on you. The last I heard, if we want to confess behind the screen, we must be given the opportunity to do so.
FaustinaVianney Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 Glory Be!!! Confessing online is just protestant style. There's no priest to act in the name of Christ to forgive your sins! (I hope that makes sense, I don't want to sound heretical. I know what I'm talking about I'm just not good with words) What's next sending the Eucharist through snail mail?!? Glory, Glory Be!!! *HUGS-n-PEACE* :)
Paladin D Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 Wait... Is it a good thing, or bad, to have a screen in the confessional?
M.SIGGA Posted December 3, 2003 Author Posted December 3, 2003 I'm less nervous when there's a screen, but I think priests give better counseling face to face b/c the sacrament becomes a more personal encounter.
megrc Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 I tested it out and it said I had to do a ton of Hail Mary's and other stuff. I think it's good for an examination of consience, but that's about it. It lists out a lot of sins that I had forgotten about, but other than that, I don't get how anyone could do it and think it's real confession!!!!!
Paladin D Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 But does a Priest have to actually lay hands on the person? If so, how would the priest be able to do that, if there's a screen in the way?
Ash Wednesday Posted December 3, 2003 Posted December 3, 2003 (edited) How utterly strange this thing is. I hope this isn't supposed to be for people too embarassed or scared to go to a priest. Usually I face the priest, but one time I confessed behind the screen because I was so embarassed -- I confessed to the priest that as a teenager some friends and I raided the church kitchen and got into the food and took sips of some beer we found during movie night with our youth group. I told the priest this from behind the screen and I could tell he was he quietly laughing. Maybe he recognized my voice. :lol: Edited December 3, 2003 by Ash Wednesday
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now