franciscanheart Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Oct 10 2005, 12:55 PM']Complete myth [right][snapback]752769[/snapback][/right] [/quote] thats what i thought. maybe im just imagining my hair being darker and more noticeable?
Sojourner Posted October 10, 2005 Author Posted October 10, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Oct 10 2005, 01:02 PM']thats what i thought. maybe im just imagining my hair being darker and more noticeable? [right][snapback]752773[/snapback][/right] [/quote] It could just be age. Some people's hair changes over time, particularly if there are hormones involved. My arm hair is darker in the winter than in the summer -- my hair bleaches in the sun and I get reddish-blond highlights. My arm hair turns totally blond. I'm starting to see some darker ones now.
franciscanheart Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 i get blonde hairs too. mostly in the summer though some last through winter.
sweetpea316 Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 Umm yeah...no comment on the arm and toe hair. hahaha But about heels! I'm kinda tall as it is, so wearing them would make me an Amazon woman. I'm all for the kitten heels, ballet flats, and mary-janes.
sweetpea316 Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Oct 10 2005, 01:59 PM']ballet flats [right][snapback]752903[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Exactly. They are an amazing fashion lifesaver for us tall girls.
Brother Adam Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 I only wear heals on the weekends. That kid in the cell phone commerical with the dress on, that's me.
franciscanheart Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 [quote name='sweetpea316' date='Oct 10 2005, 02:02 PM']Exactly. They are an amazing fashion lifesaver for us tall girls. [right][snapback]752909[/snapback][/right] [/quote] they are an amazing foot lifesaver for us flat footed girls.
Mickey's_Girl Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 Re: shoes in general Many women have a special relationship with shoes. It's almost a Zen thing, and very difficult for men and non-shoe women to understand. Shoes can be bought for all of the reasons mentioned above: to look sexy, because they are cute, to go with an outfit, for personal comfort. If one is clever enough, there is nothing wrong with buying shoes before the outfit happens. I told you it was Zen: buy the shoes, and the outfit will eventually come. (Of course, there's a price issue here: shoes-that-go-with-nothing will have a price past which they can't, and shouldn't, be bought. But it's different for each pair of shoes and each woman.) I have refused a pair of shoes that looked *amazing* on, but were impossible to walk in because they hurt so badly. I'm willing to suffer a certain amount for fashion, but not nerve damage. A few friends and I had a whole discussion about walking in heels and in flats. We decided that one's preference probably came from the shape of the foot and what method of walking (weight toward the front of the foot, for heels; weight toward the back of the foot, for flats) one was used to doing. I like both flats and heels, and try to alternate. Sojourner: as far as walking in heels is concerned, it's all about swinging the hips. If you let your hips swing, it's much, much easier to walk. Why do you think Marilyn Monroe wore them? hot stuff: as far as commenting on shoes, it can be dicey for a man. You don't want to be like that guy on Legally Blonde: "Don't stamp your last-season Prada shoes at me!" I mean, really. MG
Carrie Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Oct 10 2005, 04:04 PM']I only wear heals on the weekends. That kid in the cell phone commerical with the dress on, that's me. [right][snapback]752917[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I thought you looked familiar.
Carrie Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 [quote name='Mickey's_Girl' date='Oct 10 2005, 05:09 PM'] You don't want to be like that guy on Legally Blonde: "Don't stamp your last-season Prada shoes at me!" I mean, really. [right][snapback]753053[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Dudette Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 Yeah this is sad, but I had to learn how to walk in heels in grade 9 when I was at a boarding school. Now I've perfected it. Haha. I think heels are fun though standing in them all day......uh no. But I was given a lecture by my sister this past summer about buying [i]comfortable[/i] heels, why bother buying a pair of heels if they aren't going to be comfortable. The ballet flats are soooooooo cute!! I don't have a pair myself though because my feet are too wide and would look dumb in them. LOL, whenever I wear heels I'm about 5'9" or 5'10" yeah. They make me tall.
Jaime Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 [quote]I like both flats and heels, and try to alternate[/quote] Do you wear a flat on the left foor and a heel on the right? Or the other way around?
photosynthesis Posted October 10, 2005 Posted October 10, 2005 I'm really short but don't feel the need to wear heels all the time. Most of my work shoes have either low heels or they're flats. high heels are PAINFUL to wear, especially when you're walking around New York City carrying broadcasting equipment all day
franciscanheart Posted October 11, 2005 Posted October 11, 2005 if my job required me to wear heels all the time i think i might quit. at this point though just getting the job is a bit of a problem!
Carrie Posted October 11, 2005 Posted October 11, 2005 [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 10 2005, 08:07 PM']I'm really short but don't feel the need to wear heels all the time. Most of my work shoes have either low heels or they're flats. high heels are PAINFUL to wear, especially when you're walking around New York City carrying broadcasting equipment all day [right][snapback]753340[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't carry broadcasting equipment, but other than that walking in the city is easy if you follow one simple rule: Do not walk on sidewalk grates!
Sojourner Posted October 11, 2005 Author Posted October 11, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Oct 11 2005, 02:26 PM']I don't carry broadcasting equipment, but other than that walking in the city is easy if you follow one simple rule: Do not walk on sidewalk grates! [right][snapback]754110[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I've had that problem before. It's kinda funny if it's not you.
Carrie Posted October 11, 2005 Posted October 11, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 11 2005, 04:28 PM']I've had that problem before. It's kinda funny if it's not you. [right][snapback]754115[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The first time I got my heel stuck in a grate, I could not get it out no matter how hard I pulled. I laughed so hard at myself that I had to remove the heel and sit on the sidewalk for fear of falling over. It was pretty funny. I like laughing at myself.
Sojourner Posted October 11, 2005 Author Posted October 11, 2005 The time I did it I tripped and fell. Not so funny. At least not at the time. In retrospect, yes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now