photosynthesis Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 well, I'm a huge chorus nerd so I just had to do this... what's your voice part? I'm an alto! Every boyfriend I've ever had has been a tenor, although that's not one of my criteria. Anyone here sing opera? I do! Although the only parts written for altos are witches, grandmas and really really mean women.
missionseeker Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 (edited) I sang Soprano in the Messiah once. It's not an Opera. I've never sung Opera. The nearest Opera to here is 300 miles. It makes me want to cry. Edited October 13, 2005 by missionseeker
sweetpea316 Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 I prefer singing alto, but I've had to sing everything from soprano 1 to tenor... yeah... I love it! I've sung many Italian arias... kinda close to opera I suppose. I'm a choir nerd too. It's ok. :
missionseeker Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 I was in a Latin Choir. Polyphonic latin is one of the prettiest sounds ever.
photosynthesis Posted October 13, 2005 Author Posted October 13, 2005 [quote name='missionseeker' date='Oct 13 2005, 12:51 AM']I sang Soprano in the Messiah once. It's not an Opera. I've never sung Opera. The nearest Opera to here is 300 miles. It makes me want to cry. [right][snapback]756642[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I feel your pain... I'm on a college campus so we have chorus, chamber chorale (i'm in it, it's like chorus but only 4 people), opera, etc etc etc. I do all the vocal stuff.
missionseeker Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 whoa. I clicked refresh and your avatar changed, Sweetpea.
photosynthesis Posted October 13, 2005 Author Posted October 13, 2005 we are singing Handel's Messiah this semester and I am trying out to be the alto soloist.
missionseeker Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 There is NOTHING musical here. But the Alabama Symphony Orchestra is coming to about 45 miles from here so I'm gonna try and go.
missionseeker Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 (edited) [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 13 2005, 12:59 AM']we are singing Handel's Messiah this semester and I am trying out to be the alto soloist. [right][snapback]756651[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I loved singing this. I think the Bass got the best solos though. Good Luck! Edited October 13, 2005 by missionseeker
Benedicite Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 Pfffft SATB... I'm a bass coz I sing barbershop hehehe But for the sake of you choral peeps I'm an Alto...
photosynthesis Posted October 13, 2005 Author Posted October 13, 2005 Hopefully I'll get to heaven and get to join the chorus there!
Old_Joe Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 Does anyone else think that boy bands are a bunch of castrati?
missionseeker Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 [quote name='Old_Joe' date='Oct 13 2005, 01:19 AM']Does anyone else think that boy bands are a bunch of castrati? [right][snapback]756669[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Not quite sure what that is but it doesn't sound possitive. I can't stand them. They all look the same, sound the same, and they don't even look or sound good!
Old_Joe Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 13 2005, 12:07 AM']Hopefully I'll get to heaven and get to join the chorus there! [right][snapback]756661[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Technically speaking, if and when we do get to heaven we will not be Angels. We will still be human beings, but we will have glorified bodies. Angels and human beings are completely separate entities. However, that doesn't mean we can sing along with the Angel Choirs as part of the congregation. :
photosynthesis Posted October 13, 2005 Author Posted October 13, 2005 well, there's certainly a lot of treble going on... although Justin Timberlake doesn't seem to be much of a castrati... i remember when i was a counselor at a Girl Scout camp 3 years ago, the girls were obsessed with his music...
Old_Joe Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 [quote name='missionseeker' date='Oct 13 2005, 12:22 AM']Not quite sure what that is but it doesn't sound possitive. I can't stand them. They all look the same, sound the same, and they don't even look or sound good! [right][snapback]756671[/snapback][/right] [/quote] A castrati is a choir of boys who have been castrated in order to keep their voices high-pitched. So no it's not a good thing.
missionseeker Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 No i guess it wouldn't be. I did know that.
photosynthesis Posted October 13, 2005 Author Posted October 13, 2005 the Church used to think it was a good thing.
photosynthesis Posted October 13, 2005 Author Posted October 13, 2005 where would all the fun in heaven be if there were no chorus? if there's no chorus it must be kind of depressing.... what would st. cecilia and all the musical saints do?
Christie_M Posted October 13, 2005 Posted October 13, 2005 I was a 1st this year, but my teacher put me to 2nd 'cause there's like, and army of soprano's!! anyway I can sing 1st to alto. I love singing!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now