Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I spent most of today and last night with my best friend comforting her and praying with her. Her boyfriend just broke up with her after over a year of dating. He did it out of the blue and after talking to him today we've figured out why...sex.

Here's where I break into my rant: I hate the fact that our culture tells teens that if they're in a relationship they need to have sex. I hate how sex is protrayed as something to share between anoyone of the opposite sex. I hate how the media makes teens feel that if they're not having sex they're not normal and they don't have a good relationship. I HATE THE PRESSURE THEY PUT ON TEENS! I hate it , I hate it, I HATE IT!

I hate that my best friend was just told that he loves her but he doesn't want to be with her because she wont give him sex. I hate to see my friend in this state of depression just because of a stupid thing like sex. I HATE SEX!

I'm sorry if this makes no sense but while we were together I prayed that He take some of her pain away and let me carry it for her and I definatly am. Lastly I'm asking you to please pray for my friend, that she quickly realizes that she doesn't deserve a jerk like him and that God has someone much much better waiting in her future. Also pray for her pain because right now it's overwhelming her and I'm scared for her health (I had to force feed her lunch and I know she didnt have breakfast or anything besides what I forced her to eat yesterday).

:sadder: Thanks Pham, I know you'll come through for me, I love you all soooo much.

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted

Dude...
My ex-boyfriend was only attracted to my body and only wanted sex after a few months of dating.
I was in state of depression for the longest time.
Now, I'm done with the freak...........Yay!!!!

:saint:

Posted

Yeah, boys are stupid when they think through their pants.

Posted

Message to all of those guys, Are you really going to let 1% of your body control 100% of your mind?

Posted

hey, make sure she doesn't compromise herself. be her friend. Sometimes if a girl is really upset she'll do things she wouldn't normally do, all for a relationship. definitely make sure she's not desperate to preserve the relationship by giving into his demands, cause [b]that's what he's trying to do[/b]...

Dust's Sister
Posted

I agree Shelly, I would agree with everything you said, I hate sex too, I hate the talk of sex... I am definatly waiting for marriage and your friend should be proud to say know. Just let her know that she is strong and she's going for what is right. I will be praying for her.


~Darvon

Posted

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Oct 15 2005, 06:15 PM']Message to all of those guys, Are you really  going to let 1% of your body control 100% of your mind?
[right][snapback]759653[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

when the brain mass is less than 1%, sometimes the brain loses control

prayers for Shelly and her friend - for strength, for comfort, and for a decent guy

:grouphug: :pray:

Posted

thats terrible... i hope she feels alright :(

Posted

Thanks so much guys! I haven't talked to her since yesterday but I know she went out with one of her close guy friends so I know she was in good hands last night. Today I work with her so we should be able to keep her mind off of it to some extent, which is good.

And thank you so much for all your prayers, they mean so much to me.

Posted

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's situation, and hope that she will recover and not compromise. Stand your ground.


I'll pray a Hail Mary for your friend. :)

Posted

Thank you thank you thank you! And yeah, we've talked about alot of things she's been thinking over, her knowing some are absolutely ridiculus. Luckly all her thoughts of not standing her ground have been quickly destroyed. At the moment she's decided that she can't hate him so she's letting her anger out on society and how it deals with the topic of sex. She's a strong girl and I know she'll make it through ok.

Posted

What me to take care of it Michelle? I have three little sisters that if they ever break their hearts for a reason like that, i break their necks... would you like me to handle this guy?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted
:sadder: I kinda figured something like this would happen... :(
Prayers for her Shelly... Tell her I miss her more than I miss cheesecake... It has been a loooong time... :(
I think maybe we should make mention of dating vs courting... ;) not to take advantage of the situation though...
College is evil. Let's also make that clear. Well, maybe not all colleges are evil, but lets leave it at that.
Society for the large part is evil too... Who wants to join mein killing MTV? :)
Posted

Though Im not crazy about my past relationships, I was never pressured to have sex.

In todays society, it seems to be a given that one has sex.

MTV smells of elderberries. :boxer:

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Lets have a prayer for the boyfriend as well. Young males are walking hormones to start with, and he is living in a world that 24 hours a day relentlessly pushes him to have sex.

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted

Yes, I always have to remember that too.

St. Maria Goretti, pray for us.
St. Joseph, pray for us.

:)

:saint:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Oct 17 2005, 08:09 AM']Lets have a prayer for the boyfriend as well. Young males  are walking hormones to start with, and he is living  in a world that 24 hours a day relentlessly pushes him to have sex.
[right][snapback]761024[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Again, as usual, cmom is right as ever...
Thanks for the reminder... we don't want another young lady hurt because of him...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...