An Old School Catholic Message Board

I feel very called

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Hello i needed to share and get some feed back from eveyone. I went to the Tridentine Latin mass today. And when i got back i felt called. it was kind of weird. Until a couple weeks ago i never gave a second thought to the franciscans. But i remembred reading a book. it said Francis was the "most chrsit like man who ever lived beside christ himself". And now i feel called from the depths of my heart to the The Capuchin Franciscan order. Its the strangest thing, but i feel called to be a franciscan. I had to tell someone and so this seemed like the right place to do it!

Dominus Vobiscum,

sam

St Francis was/is SUCH an amazing saint. I've just finished reading the "Little flowers of St Francis" this weekend. He is.....words don't describe him! He was socool! I love it how he was an apostle of joy, humility and love!! :love: Everything he said is still relevant today as well.

Hehehehehe, its awesome if you're feeling called to follow Christ by his Order. I've been looking pretty seriously at Franciscans myself....(and Dominicans though, lol.)

Love and prayers!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Totally read up about St. Francis and his fellow Franciscans! The Little Flowers of St. Francis is definatly a GREAT read. It is something that I would suggest to everyone to read simply because the stories are relativly short and vary in content! Its a great read and if you are looking into the Franciscans, I suggest you check it out.

srmarymichael

Welcome to the Franciscan Family!!!

I've been to Assisi twice. Once before I entered the convent. That's when I decided that I wanted to be a follower of Francis!!!

Awesome man!

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:06 AM']Welcome to the Franciscan Family!!!

I've been to Assisi twice.  Once before I entered the convent.  That's when I decided that I wanted to be a follower of Francis!!!

Awesome man!
[right][snapback]769011[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that you are a franciscan nun?
thats very cool, to give your entire life to God, and to become a nun and follow Francis.

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:58 AM']Also another thing is to get to know some friars ;)  That will be the most helpful thing.
[right][snapback]769072[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I will try!

TheOliverOrder88

Man that is so cool.

I really want to be a Franciscan, I find St. Francis to be one the more impactive saints ever.

It would be great to follow in his footsteps, but I don't think God wants me to.

termitescoming4u!

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Oct 23 2005, 09:21 PM']Hello i needed to share and get some feed back from eveyone. I went to the Tridentine Latin mass today. And when i got back i felt  called. it was kind of weird. Until a couple weeks ago i never gave a second thought to the franciscans. But i remembred reading a book. it said Francis was the "most chrsit like man who ever lived beside christ himself". And now i feel called from the depths of my heart to the The Capuchin Franciscan order. Its the strangest thing, but i feel called to be a franciscan.  I had to tell someone and so this seemed like the right place to do it!

Dominus Vobiscum,

sam
[right][snapback]768638[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yea, I'm kinda in the same shoes as you. When I was young, like around 7 or 8yrs old, I felt strongly called to become a carmelite nun. But now that I'm older [19], I still feel called to join an order [not necessarily carmelite] even though I may want to marry [but the feeling to join an order is stronger than the feeling to get married]. But i want God's will to be done most of all.

Two Franciscan orders that I admire are:

Little Brothers of St. Francis
Mission Hill (Boston) MA 02120
617 442 2556
littebrothersofstfrancis.org

Franciscan Brothers of Peace
651 646 8586
brothersofpeace.org

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Oct 29 2005, 10:13 PM']Sam,

be happy!

There's traditional Capuchins!

i'll get you the link somehow.
[right][snapback]773769[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yes Brendan i also have found them! they are in morgan france, and their priests are ordained by the SSPX bishops. they sound very good. i would post the link but i know it will be deleted.

sam

well this isn't about the sspx/tradition, just about them:

[url="http://www.geocities.com/franciscanismo"]http://www.geocities.com/franciscanismo[/url]