Petrus Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 The glass is half full because this is the first time I have seen this glass. Since most glasses spend most of their time being empty, if there is some liquid in it, and I have not seen the glass before, the liquid must have just been poured in there. As the liquid was being poured in, it was becoming more full (not less empty) because "full" is the more restrictive term since it is true less of the time (the glass is "empty" most of the time (NOT "not full")) If it was being poured out, and then stopped halfway, then it would be half empty. But since there is more chance that the glass started out empty than full, it is probably half full. I hope this makes sense
immaculata Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 *bows head in wonder at petrus' astonishing skills of logic* :lol:
nikkan_hanil Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 Oops! I accidentally voted "half full"! I meant to do "half-empty". -_-
God Conquers Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 Actually Petrus, there would be more of a chance that the glass was half empty, because when one pours a glass they generally pour a full one, and, after pouring this glass (even if only half full) it is more than likely that they would have taken a drink from the liquid, thereby beginning the emptying process, rendering the glass half empty.
foundsheep Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 I selected other. I say its a bowl, filled halfway with cereal. and bannanas. and marshmellows. and some sugar. and milk. and ...... and....... and...... and..... and........and.........and.........and.........and.........and.........and.........and........and.........and.........and.........and........ :ph34r:
littleflower+JMJ Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 haha chill out foundsheep your tramatizing yourself... i say its half full....
Lounge Daddy Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 There is no glass... hehe "There is no spoon..." :D
Aloysius Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 Other. tacos, so very tasty and good for you, can't fill up a normal sized glass half full or half empty but rather 1 3/4 full.
Lil Red Posted December 8, 2003 Author Posted December 8, 2003 Other: Because... Pie is not liquid. haha! Neither is cake! and tacos, so very tasty and good for you, DON'T COUNT!
Lil Red Posted December 8, 2003 Author Posted December 8, 2003 oh, btw, you guys with your technical explanations confuse me.
MrsFrozen Posted December 30, 2003 Posted December 30, 2003 I initially clicked on "I'm confused," because I thought it was funny, but after reading these posts, I really AM confused! :D God bless!!! :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now