cappie Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 A second grade teacher tells her class she's a big “Los Angeles Lakers” fan. She's really excited about it and asks the kids if they're Lakers fans too. Everyone wants to impress the teacher and says they're Lakers fans too, except one kid, named Josh. The teacher looks at Josh and says, "Josh, you're not a Lakers fan?" He says, "Nope, I’m a Christ the King fan!" She says, “I have never heard of a state basket ball team by that name.” "Well why are you a “Christ the King” fan, and not a Lakers fan?" Josh says, "Well, my mom is a Christ the King fan, and my dad is a Christ the King fan, so I'm a Christ the King fan." The teacher's not real happy. She's a little hot under the collar. She says, "Well, if your mom is an idiot, and your dad is a moron, then what would you be?!" Josh says, "Then I'd be a Lakers fan!"
Christie_M Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 (edited) I've never heard this one! loo I hate the lakers anyway. Edited November 14, 2005 by Christie_M
ardillacid Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 I hate the lakers for what they did to my state
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 Great things always come out of Minnesota. Then they stink.
homeschoolmom Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 Sigh... The Minneapolis Lakers makes way more sense than LA Lakers... there aren't any lakes in LA...
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 Just like the Minnesota North Stars instead of the Dallas Stars. I don't know, I love the Wild, but I miss the North Stars.
homeschoolmom Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 This reminds me of a feature I saw on the news many, many years ago. It so happened that the school in question was one of our neighboring schools. It was about a first grade teacher who was a native of Wisconsin-- and a Packers fan. So, the news story was about how this teacher had turned all of his little first graders into Packers fans. They'd spent a lot of time making banners and such for the Packers. And they would spend classtime ( ) discussing games. Of course, it's only an interesting news feature because the parents were predominantly Vikings fans. They interviewed the teacher and he said someting to the effect of "well, I know they'd been taught to be Vikings fans, but I set them straight" and then they interviewed a kid and he said, "I don't care what my mom and dad say-- I'm a PACKERS fan." And not that this is a big deal or anything, but it just reminded me how much influence a teacher has on a kid...
ilovechrist Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 gosh i love good jokes dissing the Lakers... i loved them when they got along... but sheesh. talk about a need to re-group. hopefully Jackson can turn that team back around this year while my Cavaliers wipe the floor clean with everyone else as the mop
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 Personally, I just laugh at all the big franchises all together, because they whine and complain they need more money when they already earn millions of dollars. I laugh when they lose. Because I think... "Those who are first shall finish last, and the last shall be first." I wish we all could win.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 14 2005, 09:24 AM']Sigh... The Minneapolis Lakers makes way more sense than LA Lakers... there aren't any lakes in LA... [right][snapback]788233[/snapback][/right] [/quote] There's a tar pit that kinda looks like a lake...
homeschoolmom Posted November 14, 2005 Posted November 14, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 14 2005, 02:48 PM']There's a tar pit that kinda looks like a lake... [right][snapback]788706[/snapback][/right] [/quote] can you swim in it?
Cure of Ars Posted May 16, 2008 Posted May 16, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='788233' date='Nov 14 2005, 08:24 AM']Sigh... The Minneapolis Lakers makes way more sense than LA Lakers... there aren't any lakes in LA...[/quote] They should give the name Lakers to Utah. Utah has the Great Salt Lake but no Jazz music. The Jazz should be based out of New Orleans. Tibmerwolves works for Minneapolis. Hornets don't really work for La's team but The Faries does
dUSt Posted May 16, 2008 Posted May 16, 2008 I have always thought that Utah should give the Jazz name back to New Orleans. it was dumb to keep that name when they moved out to begin with. If the Houston Texans move, what will they be called. The Los Angeles Texans? Dumb.
StColette Posted May 16, 2008 Posted May 16, 2008 [quote name='Cure of Ars' post='1530531' date='May 16 2008, 03:01 PM']Hornets don't really work for La's team but The Faries does [/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now