An Old School Catholic Message Board

the Sisters of Life

melporcristo

All For Jesus

[quote name='jgirl' date='Nov 16 2005, 11:47 AM']I asked Lauren, and she said they have 10 postulants this year.
[right][snapback]791377[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Wow...do they usually get that many? That's wonderful that they are growing!

[quote name='melporcristo' date='Nov 15 2005, 09:47 PM']I am totally going to post the pictures.
The next retreat is in the Spring; I recommend contacting Sr. Mary Gabriel ASAP. You have to have had at least a chat with Sr. Gabriel over the phone (she's great; very outgoing and a wonderful person to talk with)

jgirl -- You know Lauren?? She is awesome! I really wanted their Neuman Club to come to our next FOP too or at least a conference or something here at Steubie. I am totally down with visiting either STL again, we'll just have to see how it goes.

Also, thanks for the recommendations to where I go for help with those loans. THe next step is calming the parents down ... that one is going to be trickier.

+JMJ+
Mel
[right][snapback]790717[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

so i was about to ask you if you met my aunt Sr. Mary Gabriel and then i read this... isn't she wonderful??

KATIE!!! That's your AUNT???? Oh my heck, she is so awesome. I love that Sister!!
I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait till you come next year. But that's a different story.

Jenny: Yeah, I am terrible with names. Sorry.

[quote name='melporcristo' date='Nov 15 2005, 10:20 PM']Me, Aulina (Postulant) and Laura  :)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/melissaporcristo/100_0815.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]790743[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

do you know how many people are so excited that there's a black finally in the sisters of life. it's true. i am not lying.

it's great because we not only need vocations in America but from other countries! AAND its so important for an order like the Sisters of Life to have diversity in their order because of their fourth vow which is to defend life in all stages. Many African-American women are urged to have abortions along with other minorities. So yes, Aulina is a gem! Pray for them :)