Sojourner Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 18 2005, 09:33 AM']Snow is evil. [right][snapback]794043[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Maniacal, even. I loved snow when I was a kid. I really think it was first college and then being a reporter that killed any lingering love I had for it. Walking to class in sub-zero weather with snow pelting your face is no fun. Then, having to go out in horrible snowy weather to cover fatal accidents on Christmas Eve sealed my dislike.
Carrie Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:11 PM']Maniacal, even. I loved snow when I was a kid. I really think it was first college and then being a reporter that killed any lingering love I had for it. Walking to class in sub-zero weather with snow pelting your face is no fun. Then, having to go out in horrible snowy weather to cover fatal accidents on Christmas Eve sealed my dislike. [right][snapback]794075[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You have more reason to hate snow than I do. I liked snow as a kid too. I started believing it was evil as soon as I was old enough to help with the shoveling.
Sojourner Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 18 2005, 10:27 AM']You have more reason to hate snow than I do. I liked snow as a kid too. I started believing it was evil as soon as I was old enough to help with the shoveling. [right][snapback]794097[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Shoveling is another good reason to hate snow. Then, of course, the first time I broke my wrist I slipped on a sidewalk. That was technically ice, though, so I'm not sure I can include it in my "reasons I hate snow" list.
Carrie Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:28 PM']Shoveling is another good reason to hate snow. Then, of course, the first time I broke my wrist I slipped on a sidewalk. That was technically ice, though, so I'm not sure I can include it in my "reasons I hate snow" list. [right][snapback]794098[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Sure you can. Snow falls. Snow begins to melt and get slushy. It gets cold again and slush turns to ice. Ice makes you slip. Slip breaks your wrist. Logical? Snow, slush, and ice has been the reason for many of the injuries I've had. Another reason to hate snow...wearing heels in the snow is impossible.
homeschoolmom Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/UWEC_Footbridge.jpg[/img] Crossing the footbridge every day to get to classes in January killed any love I had for winter...
Sojourner Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 18 2005, 10:31 AM']Sure you can. Snow falls. Snow begins to melt and get slushy. It gets cold again and slush turns to ice. Ice makes you slip. Slip breaks your wrist. Logical? Snow, slush, and ice has been the reason for many of the injuries I've had. Another reason to hate snow...wearing heels in the snow is impossible. [right][snapback]794102[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I agree. However, my friends from Louisville think otherwise. They view heels (I'm assuming they must mean stilletos) as ice picks which help them gain traction. I see that as a recipe for a broken ankle.
Sojourner Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 18 2005, 10:35 AM'][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/UWEC_Footbridge.jpg[/img] Crossing the footbridge every day to get to classes in January killed any love I had for winter... [right][snapback]794107[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I can understand that.
Carrie Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:36 PM']I agree. However, my friends from Louisville think otherwise. They view heels (I'm assuming they must mean stilletos) as ice picks which help them gain traction. I see that as a recipe for a broken ankle. [right][snapback]794108[/snapback][/right] [/quote] As much as I love heels, they're crazy! Fashion goes out the window when it snows. Flat rubber soled winter boots for me then. Flat boots are way more fashionable than a cast anyday.
Sojourner Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 18 2005, 10:38 AM']As much as I love heels, they're crazy! Fashion goes out the window when it snows. Flat rubber soled winter boots for me then. Flat boots are way more fashionable than a cast anyday. [right][snapback]794113[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah, they have a TOTALLY different view on fashion than I do. The Louisville contingent is fashion first, comfort second.
Sixtina87 Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:35 AM'][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/UWEC_Footbridge.jpg[/img] Crossing the footbridge every day to get to classes in January killed any love I had for winter... [right][snapback]794107[/snapback][/right] [/quote] dang thats gotta smell of elderberries!!!
Sixtina87 Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:38 AM']As much as I love heels, they're crazy! Fashion goes out the window when it snows. Flat rubber soled winter boots for me then. Flat boots are way more fashionable than a cast anyday. [right][snapback]794113[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I agree with that!!!! Fashio isnt a point to make whenyou wanna keep from freezeing to death!!!! I try to put as mnay layers on as possible, jus to keep warm!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate the snow and winter, i LOVE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sojourner Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 I do have to say, though, that on a cold morning there's not many things more satisfying than putting on a pair of jeans fresh out of the dryer.
Sixtina87 Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:56 AM']I do have to say, though, that on a cold morning there's not many things more satisfying than putting on a pair of jeans fresh out of the dryer. [right][snapback]794133[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Tru that!!!!! i always put my cloths in the dryer to make them warm and when i'm cold, its the best thing ever!!!!
Carrie Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:56 PM']I do have to say, though, that on a cold morning there's not many things more satisfying than putting on a pair of jeans fresh out of the dryer. [right][snapback]794133[/snapback][/right] [/quote] As I don't have a dryer in my home, I've never had the pleasure of this experience. Though, I've put my jeans on the radiator for a while before leaving the house and that works really well.
Sojourner Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:11 AM']As I don't have a dryer in my home, I've never had the pleasure of this experience. Though, I've put my jeans on the radiator for a while before leaving the house and that works really well. [right][snapback]794150[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I imagine that would have much the same result. I'm SO glad I have a washer and dryer ... after years without it's nice to not have to drag my clothing to the laundromat. I think of that everytime I start to be annoyed about hauling it downstairs.
Carrie Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 18 2005, 01:13 PM']I imagine that would have much the same result. I'm SO glad I have a washer and dryer ... after years without it's nice to not have to drag my clothing to the laundromat. I think of that everytime I start to be annoyed about hauling it downstairs. [right][snapback]794152[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't mind going to the laundromat. :
Sojourner Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:17 AM']I don't mind going to the laundromat. : [right][snapback]794154[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I've heard it can be a good place to meet guys. That was never my experience, though. Of course, I lived in Gas City, Ind., the last time I used a laundromat, so that could have been part of my problem.
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 It's a nice day here in Minnesota.
tojo Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 From www.weather.com Right Now at: Eastern Michigan University Light Snow Shower. 25°F, Feels Like 13°F
Carrie Posted November 18, 2005 Posted November 18, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 18 2005, 01:23 PM']I've heard it can be a good place to meet guys. That was never my experience, though. Of course, I lived in Gas City, Ind., the last time I used a laundromat, so that could have been part of my problem. [right][snapback]794158[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't talk to anyone at the laundromat. I'm a loner and prefer to sit in a corner and read a book.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now