An Old School Catholic Message Board

For All the Future Nuns

ForHimAlone

There's an awesome shirt being sold at Lifeteen.com right now. It's light blue, and there's a picture of a habited nun on the left and on the right it says: Not All Habits Are Bad. It's so cool!! Check it out. Just go to the store on the Lifteen website.

Too bad if I ordered it now by the time it arrived I'll already be in the convent WEARING a habit! :P:

Edited by Totus Tuus

I submitted the idea for that shirt! My friend Alyssa and I always joked that it would be the coolest slogan to put on a shirt. In Normal, I worked with a Life Teen group, and we used to always make shirts with fuzzy iron on letters. About 9 months ago, we actually made the prototype for it, and a few weeks later Lifeteen.com was asking for shirt ideas. Matt Smith said there were like 400 or so submissions, and mine was cool enough to be mass produced.

I get 5 free ones (which Matt Smith still hasn't sent me despite asking me for the sizes 2 months ago), but if they ever come, I will have 1 maybe 2 extra.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Nov 17 2005, 06:22 PM']Too bad if I ordered it now by the time it arrived I'll already be in the convent WEARING a habit! :P:
[right][snapback]793484[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahaha.........For some mystical reason that just totally made my day Totus Tuus :lol_roll:

HEY! I have an idea! Where it over your habit!! :blush: :sweat: ^_^

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Nov 17 2005, 08:04 PM'] Matt Smith is a nice guy. I met him once :)
[right][snapback]793502[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Before he was on Real World he was on the core team in a church near me in Atlanta. He used to come to my high school to eat lunch with his LT kids. When he came to our front office , he signed his name M@. My mom works at the front desk. That always cracked her up.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Nov 17 2005, 04:49 PM']I submitted the idea for that shirt! My friend Alyssa and I always joked that it would be the coolest slogan to put on a shirt. In Normal, I worked with a Life Teen group, and we used to always make shirts with fuzzy iron on letters. About 9 months ago, we actually made the prototype for it, and a few weeks later Lifeteen.com was asking for shirt ideas. Matt Smith said there were like 400 or so submissions, and mine was cool enough to be mass produced.

I get 5 free ones (which Matt Smith still hasn't sent me despite asking me for the sizes 2 months ago), but if they ever come, I will have 1 maybe 2 extra.
[right][snapback]793497[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
WOW ... that was you ... :o
I so totally thought that shirt rocked. way to represent the FUS chica ^_^

AlterDominicus

That is sooooooooo freaking awesome jgirl!!!!! I have ideas for T-Shirts, but not quite sure how I want them done if I want to try and do them myself (like that can happen) or not.....(sighs) Who knows.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Nov 17 2005, 09:20 PM']Whats the T-Shirt made out of? Half cotten Half polyester?
[right][snapback]793632[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I have the orthodox rox my sox shirt out in the car, and it's too cold (and I'm too lazy) to go get it. I'm not sure what they are made of, but they're really soft. I got guys mediums because I didn't know how the girls ones fit, and I didn't want to risk immodesty. The guys shirts don't shrink, and they're still fitted.

Not sure about the girls' ones though.

Also, about making shirts, the small ones from hobby lobby (not sure the brand) work really well. They are like felt-y and pretty close to the font on the not all habits are bad shirt. I'm sure you can get them at other craft stores if you don't have a hobby lobby. We made all our own shirts in Normal--our best ones were from the two Steubenville conferences we went on. The first time we bought blank stencil sheets at Hobby Lobby, printed out our design and then cut them with an exact-o knife. Then we tried airbrushing them, but the airbrush exploded, so we spray painted our designs. This past year, we bought letter stamps and stamped our saying, "There's no such thing as Normal...Except in Illinois" with acyrlic paint. As long as you're creative, you can do anything (you could also print out stuff on iron on transfer paper or make something on cafepress.com and buy it for yourself). Homemade shirts can be pretty cool and say some pretty cool things!

Edited by jgirl

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Nov 17 2005, 08:00 PM']Hahahahahahahahaha.........For some mystical reason that just totally made my day Totus Tuus :lol_roll:

HEY! I have an idea! Where it over your habit!!  :blush:  :sweat:  ^_^
[right][snapback]793552[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL!!! I'm sure Mother Vicar would sooo NOT go for that! But it would be a great thing to wear on April geniuses Day!! Oh man that would be great.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Nov 17 2005, 08:00 PM']Hahahahahahahahaha.........For some mystical reason that just totally made my day Totus Tuus :lol_roll:

HEY! I have an idea! Where it over your habit!!  :blush:  :sweat:  ^_^
[right][snapback]793552[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Did you just have a religiuos experience over the internet because of a t-shirt? What a profound reflection of what the Church believes about Grace? :sweat:

Anyways, there is a website called [url="http://www.randomshirts.com/home.htm"]Random Shirts[/url] which is Christian, and they have some really really funny stuff.

SHALOM

AlterDominicus

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Nov 18 2005, 04:58 PM']Did you just have a religiuos experience over the internet because of a t-shirt?  What a profound reflection of what the Church believes about Grace?  :sweat:

Anyways, there is a website called [url="http://www.randomshirts.com/home.htm"]Random Shirts[/url] which is Christian, and they have some really really funny stuff.

SHALOM
[right][snapback]794647[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:shock: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: I think I did! ^_^ ^_^ :shock:
:whistle: