MissScripture Posted November 24, 2005 Posted November 24, 2005 I just love how no matter where you go, it's basically the same! And not only that, it's everywhere you go! That's just such an awesome thought!
DAF Posted November 24, 2005 Posted November 24, 2005 The Catholic Church and God rock my socks. Yep, Jesus and Peter sure knew what they were doing. In Christ
Cathurian Posted November 24, 2005 Posted November 24, 2005 This is one of the things that attracted me to the Church and made me convert. You got that right sir.
avemaria40 Posted November 24, 2005 Posted November 24, 2005 Three cheers for the Church! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! And three cheers for her archenemy, Satan (don't be fooled, I'm being sarcastic) hip hip BOO! hip hip BOO! hip hip BOO!
the_rev Posted November 24, 2005 Posted November 24, 2005 When I lived in Bosnia the mass was similary except for the langauges!
fatboyluis Posted November 24, 2005 Posted November 24, 2005 YEP the Catholic Church is truly amazing, cos it will never fall, EVER!! how cool, eh? we can have total confidance in the Catholic Church :
djc08 Posted November 25, 2005 Posted November 25, 2005 At school we were talking about the Reformation and someone just said "Well why would anyone be Catholic if that were doing that bad stuff" I said "The Church is so old that of course She's going to have some corrupt members and bad leaders. We are human and we fail just like humans do. But God has guided us through all our troubles and problems and never let us fall from his grace. Don't tell me that 1 Billion people are wrong." Oh yeah and all my friends that weren't Catholic wondered why we would want to go to Mass in San Diego when we were there for Nationla FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America) because we didn't know the priest or anything and we said, well it will be the same except for the homily because it is the same all around the world!
Melchizedek Posted November 25, 2005 Posted November 25, 2005 [quote name='djc08' date='Nov 24 2005, 08:20 PM']Don't tell me that 1 Billion people are wrong."[/quote] Worst argument ever.
Ora et Labora Posted November 25, 2005 Posted November 25, 2005 [quote name='djc08' date='Nov 24 2005, 09:20 PM']At school we were talking about the Reformation and someone just said "Well why would anyone be Catholic if that were doing that bad stuff" I said "The Church is so old that of course She's going to have some corrupt members and bad leaders. We are human and we fail just like humans do. But God has guided us through all our troubles and problems and never let us fall from his grace. Don't tell me that 1 Billion people are wrong." Oh yeah and all my friends that weren't Catholic wondered why we would want to go to Mass in San Diego when we were there for Nationla FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America) because we didn't know the priest or anything and we said, well it will be the same except for the homily because it is the same all around the world! [right][snapback]799866[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Thats neat that you spoke up! I just wish they really were exactly the same all around the world! I mean, the main points are the same, but when it comes to alter servers and glass or gold chalises or where to put the tabernacle, I wish thede all decide on the same way. and the right way...lol But I'm not on the debate table so I wont get into it...
MissScripture Posted November 25, 2005 Author Posted November 25, 2005 I just love the fact that I can go to Mass at one place, and know that somewhere else, my family is hearing the same readings, and is taking part in the same thing I am...That is what it means to be universal!
TheOliverOrder88 Posted November 25, 2005 Posted November 25, 2005 I never fully comphrehended the universality of the Church until World Youth Day in Germany. We all said the Our Father in like 921010209349 different languages, and they all ended at the same time. This Church rocks my socks times 5.
MissScripture Posted November 25, 2005 Author Posted November 25, 2005 Exactly. How is that not the coolest thing ever?
tojo Posted November 25, 2005 Posted November 25, 2005 [quote name='djc08' date='Nov 24 2005, 09:20 PM']Don't tell me that 1 Billion people are wrong. [right][snapback]799866[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='Melchizedek' date='Nov 24 2005, 09:55 PM']Worst argument ever. [right][snapback]799880[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I have to agree in a sense, but only in a sense. Certainly a billion people can be wrong (example: Muslims). Much better to say: Don't tell me that you believe that the vast majority of all Christians throughout the past 2000 years have been wrong, but you think you managed to get it right!
Excelsior1027 Posted November 25, 2005 Posted November 25, 2005 I became Catholic a little over month ago, and yes, that is one of the things that also convinced me that this is definitely the one true Church. Doesn't matter where you go, you can still go to Mass somewhere, the Church is universal. I love being Catholic and I love all the Sacraments and I love the Catholic Church! :
benedictaj Posted November 26, 2005 Posted November 26, 2005 [quote name='annabelle87' date='Nov 26 2005, 12:48 PM']I love it [right][snapback]800329[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Me too
littleflower+JMJ Posted November 26, 2005 Posted November 26, 2005 the Holy Mother Church is beautiful! Praise God for our awesome faith.... Catholic means Universal.......same faith, same creed, we all believe! : and to really experience, no matter how big or small the scale, can really blow you away.... just brings God's Truth ever brighter and real to the faith and world we live in.... "a city on a hill cannot be hidden" --- like the Catholic Church it can be seen!!! I just love it when we all say the Creed..... gives me goosebumps!! because you just know...this is where it is
Sirklawd Posted November 26, 2005 Posted November 26, 2005 [quote name='avemaria40' date='Nov 24 2005, 01:11 PM']hip hip BOO! [right][snapback]799772[/snapback][/right] [/quote] hahhahahahaa that made me acutally lol.
littleflower+JMJ Posted November 26, 2005 Posted November 26, 2005 [quote name='Excelsior1027' date='Nov 25 2005, 06:39 PM']I became Catholic a little over month ago, and yes, that is one of the things that also convinced me that this is definitely the one true Church. Doesn't matter where you go, you can still go to Mass somewhere, the Church is universal. I love being Catholic and I love all the Sacraments and I love the Catholic Church! : [right][snapback]800320[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Welcome Home!! Congratulations on becoming Catholic! God bless you on your journey into the Church--how amazing it is to see those enter! Kinda makes me think of that saying..........All roads DO lead to Rome :
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now