An Old School Catholic Message Board

Yoodle!

Lilllabettt

Hi phamily! I already posted at Open Mic, but here I am again. I'm a long time lurker, and reading about your hopes, struggles and victories has been a huge inspiration for me. I've already spoken with some of you a lot ( hey jgirl!) but I look forward to making [b]all[/b] of your ears fall off!

I've been discerning my vocation for almost a couple years now ... since I was Confirmed, in April 2004. I visited the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word and was >>>>this<<<< close to entering last July.

But that wasn't God's Will. I'm still discerning with them ( the Sisters are so sweet and completely understanding) but I'm also looking at those famous Nashville Dominicans. I'm visiting them in January.

Anyway, thanks for listening! Happy Thanksgiving!

Love and Prayers,
Elizabeth

Edited by Lilllabettt

Welcome!!!

I know the Sister Servants really well! That would be so awesome if you joined them :)

I'm joining the Order who used to live down the road from them... the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration... in two weeks :)

God bless!

Lauren

littleflower+JMJ

welcome to phatmass! we welcome lurkers with arms wide open teehee

prayers for your vocation and know that most of us are in the same boat discerning :saint:

God bless and hope you had a great thanksgiving as well :D:

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Nov 25 2005, 08:45 PM']Welcome!!!

I know the Sister Servants really well! That would be so awesome if you joined them :)

I'm joining the Order who used to live down the road from them... the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration... in two weeks :)

God bless!

Lauren
[right][snapback]800451[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

congrats! :)

Do the Nashville OP's make a consecration (Kolbe or deMontfort) to Mary? I looked through all my stuff from them and their website, and didn't seem to come across anything that would imply that they do. Buuuut thought I'd ask y'all. :-)

Hey Elizabeth! Glad to see you joined the phorums! I think you'll like it, and it's always nice to have people to discsuss discernment with. I visited Nashville last October and had a great time. I don't think they're for me, but I know some girls who have entered there and are very happy.

Shortnun, about the Nashville Sisters I don't think that they make any formal consecration to Mary. I think that's one big difference between them and the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.

Good Luck for everyone visiting Nashville in January! Sr. Mary Emily is a doll!