An Old School Catholic Message Board

HEY EVERYBODY

brendan1104

it didnt hit us to bad it was windy but nothing very exciting happened we were all fine and the house was fine Jesus takes care of his spouses and future spouses very well :)

i dont know they would take me at the end of January 06 but my mother wont let me go please pray for that inention that my mother will let me enter. I am seriously in pain waiting 3 years is a long time whether or not you may thinks so when you are longing for religious life so much it hurts it is a very long time

[quote name='karin' date='Nov 27 2005, 09:30 PM']I am seriously in pain waiting 3 years is a long time whether or not you may thinks so when you are longing for religious life so much it hurts it is a very long time
[right][snapback]802027[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

OH NO, SWEETHEART we all understand. We have all waited for different things at different times in our lives. And you are ABSOLUTELY right when you use the word painful. That is exactly what it is.

I am :maddest: at God right now. I am waiting for something in my life too. And while I am trying to understand His will and even that the waiting is His best for me I am still very much :drool: . We are human.

OH TRUST ME WHEN I SAY I UNDERSTAND.
Some days I just want to :scream:

I want to tell you that while yes the waiting is painful there will be a day when all the waiting will be a memory.

Determine TODAY to be the best source of God's love where you are. Just shower and shower and shower love on the people God will send you today. It helps mitigate the pain somewhat. It is how I combat my own pain. And it makes the time go by a little faster.

And the people around you will be inspired by you. Especially the ones who know you are hurting.

[quote name='karin' date='Nov 27 2005, 09:29 PM']Everyday life there was absolutely beautiful. We chanted the entire Divine Office daily and there was daily mass and adoration. I was able to help with the work of the community and it was definately insightful for my vocation. I am not sure when i am going back it all dependsa on how soon i can convince my parents to let me go back on my 18th birthday whichever comes first. It is such an amazing community and the Sisters are awesome. Sister Marjorie is doing well and she is very happy. it was good to meet her. Ask more specific questions it's easier to answer those then just like asking me to tell you everything. I love it there very much and i am homesick for the monastery very badly. my family missed me alot i guess but I was so happy i didnt really miss them, much i was so preoccupied with Jesus ;).
[right][snapback]801988[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Karin,

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind too much....
Do you have to do any of the following prior to entrance?
Paperwork,
Dental and doctor exams, and
Do you have to meet with a counselor/psychologist?

This is not for myself...I think the 3 children dearly hanging on to me would make it a tad difficult for me to heave myself over the convent wall :D: I thought perhaps this might be of use to other young ladies who might be called to the Dominican nuns.

My daily prayers for you and your entrance into the Lockport Dominicans.

well duh the only have 3 sister for right now, they are in the process of refounding all Monastery started that way that's why they need lots of vocations! I am so excited to be a part of refounding this Monastery.

There is paperwork i have already filled out because you fill it out for the aspirancy and dental and doctor exams but no counselor/psychologist thing. THe paperwork is exstensive because they have to have it that way when letting some one into their sacred enclosure.

I am not sure I understand your question Marieteresa could clarify it for me a little? :D

God Bless and Mary keep you all I hope I covered everyone's questions.

Karin

[quote name='karin' date='Nov 28 2005, 06:52 PM']well duh the only have 3 sister for right now, they are in the process of refounding all Monastery started that way that's why they need lots of vocations! I am so excited to be a part of refounding this Monastery.

There is paperwork i have already filled out because you fill it out for the aspirancy and dental and doctor exams but no counselor/psychologist thing. THe paperwork is exstensive because they have to have it that way when letting some one into their sacred enclosure.

I am not sure I understand your question Marieteresa could clarify it for me a little? :D

God Bless and Mary keep you all I hope I covered everyone's questions.

Karin
[right][snapback]802950[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Choir sister meaning those whom live in the cloister and extern sister those whom take care of the external needs of the monastery. I was just wondering if you decided to enter the cloister or to be an extern.

In JMJ

^ thats ok :)

oh i understand now well I am definately going to be entering the cloister for sure i dont know why i would want to be an extern sister i wanna be inside that awesome cloister for sure. :)

o thats a tough one. I guess I just like the idea of being tucked away in the monastery away from all the wordly distractions. But really there is something undescrible about my attraction to i cant really explain i just know thats what God want and i want it too very badly.

What can you tell me about the rule of St. Augustine? (Don't worry, I'm not asking for a tun of info!) I'm going to enter the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, and I've found the rule of St. Augustine online, but I haven't actually sat down and read it yet. I think it's awesome that you've been able to go and live it for a while!