dUSt Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Maybe the database wasn't setup correctly? I uploaded cat.ccc and db.php to the root phorum directory, and then accessed db.php from a browser. It seemed like nothing happened?
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 I dunno... wish I could help. And I can't consult the resident computer geek because he's not home right now...
ryanmeyersmusic Posted July 24, 2003 Author Posted July 24, 2003 did you change the database information when you modified the files? CATECHISM: 1:
ryanmeyersmusic Posted July 24, 2003 Author Posted July 24, 2003 yeah, somethings definitely going bad with the mysql query...
ryanmeyersmusic Posted July 24, 2003 Author Posted July 24, 2003 need to find and change as noted: $db = mysql_pconnect("localhost","USER","PASSWORD"); mysql_select_db("DATABASE",$db); $sql = "select * from cat where para = '$num'";
ryanmeyersmusic Posted July 24, 2003 Author Posted July 24, 2003 it's twice in the post_parser.php file AND ESPECIALLY in the db.php file...
dUSt Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Yes, I modified the files with the db info. I assumed that the first "CHANGEDBINFO" was the db name and the second was the db password? The same db name and password that the phorum uses, right?
ryanmeyersmusic Posted July 24, 2003 Author Posted July 24, 2003 should be... there's three different things to change: the first is the user name, the second is the password, the third is the database name
dUSt Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Okay, I just saw your post explaining where the USER, PASSWORD and DATABASE should go... I'll fix...
ryanmeyersmusic Posted July 24, 2003 Author Posted July 24, 2003 you can check to see if it created the table with phpMyadmin... most webhosts provide that utility...
ryanmeyersmusic Posted July 24, 2003 Author Posted July 24, 2003 dust, i'm on aim (ryanmeyersmusic) sign on and maybe i can help a little more...
ryanmeyersmusic Posted July 24, 2003 Author Posted July 24, 2003 oh nm, i just saw your last post... that should fix it... update the db.php file to do that, and then compile the database by running it... then change the ones in the post_parser.php and re-up them... then all should be well...
dUSt Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 I'll be home in about 2 hours and I can get on AIM then. Now I'm getting an error when I run the db.php in a browser. I'll have to fix it when I get home.
dUSt Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Testing... CATECHISM: 1: God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 ok, so what do we type in to quote the Catechism?
dUSt Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 testing Testing. CATECHISM: 1: God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now