An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discerning choices

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1300747250' post='2222160']
[b]What covent or abby would you like to enter?????[/b]

ummm.... here
[img]http://thebarefootentrepreneurs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/beach-hammock.jpg[/img]

The food you hate the most: eel and cooked beef liver
[/quote]

There is a convent on Bora Bora?

[quote name='Mercy me' timestamp='1300769218' post='2222260']
There is a convent on Bora Bora?
[/quote]

If there isn't we should start one. They need Jesus too. We can do the LOTH on the beach tanning and the rosary while surfing. Our apostalate will be to teach surf lessons and make surf boards for Jesus. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img]

Edited by emilier98

franciscanheart

[b]What is your favorite color?[/b]
Colo[b]r[/b]? Green. Followed by blue and orange. ;)

Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal in NYC

[b]Favorite saint:[/b]
Just ONE?! Pope John Paul II. I know, I know. Not yet declared a saint. But we all know he will be. :rolleyes: He totally ties with Saint Francis. And in the same circle of love are Saints Clare, Bonaventure, Thomas Aquinas, and Maria Goretti

[b]Devotions:[/b] Holy Eucharist, Divine Mercy, Precious Blood, Sacred Heart, Stations of the Cross/The Passion, Benediction, Rosary, Our Lady of Guadalupe

[b]Name you would like to take and why:[/b]
Don't have one. :) I always believed Sister Lucille would pick my name.

[b]Favorite feast day:[/b]
Easter :love:

[b]Favorite food:[/b]
PICKLES. (I think.)

[b]Favorite animal:[/b]
Birds. :blush: I have a bit of a fascination with them.

[b]The food you hate the most:[/b]
Sardines. :x

[b]Hardest part of your discernment:[/b]
Being so far away!

[b]Anything you like to add?[/b]
No, thank you. :)

Catherine Therese

[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]What is your favorite color? [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Green[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"] [/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]What covent or abby would you like to enter????? [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Dominican Sisters of St Cecilia

[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Favorite saint: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]St Augustine

[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Devotions: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Sacred Heart of Jesus, Precious Blood of Jesus, Immaculate Heart of Mary. I wont list all the different saints to whom I have some sort of devotion or we'll be here till next century. As far as prayers go... I'm actually really bad at novenas and devotions and whatnot. The one prayer I'm most concerned with fitting into my day apart from the Mass is the Divine Office. I try to include a Rosary, too. All other devotional-type prayers are a little ad-hoc with me.

[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Name you would like to take: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Sister Catherine Therese OP [/size][/font][/color]
[font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"] [/size][/font]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]...and why?: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]St Therese of Lisieux has been a personal patroness for as long as I can remember, a life-long friend. Her life and works have had a profound impact on me. St Catherine of Siena has been a personal patroness since I entered the order as a Lay Dominican. She chose me, not the other way around... I was initially repulsed by what I heard of her. These two contrasting saints both have much to offer by way of example and guidance to me, and I aspire to different aspects of both... I really believe that type of person our Lord is calling me - my unique and unrepeatable calling - draws much from both of these saints' examples (and little bits from many others) - there is almost a kind of tension between the two lives and characters! Somewhere in the equilibrium... its not me YET, but its who I was created to be. I think. (??)

[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Favorite feast day: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]St Dominic

[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Favorite food: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]There's this fettucine dish at a local restaurant that I love - a light cream sauce with chicken, roast pumpkin, sundried tomato, bocconcini chee.se and rocket. Superb with a nice sauvignon blanc. Also - the new dark mint Tim Tams are pretty more-ish.

[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Favorite animal: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Ladybug

[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]The food you hate the most: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Licorice

[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Hardest part of your discernment: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Application! (No, I'm not kidding.)[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]
Anything you like to add? [/size][/font][/color]
[font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][color="#595959"][size="4"]Please pray for the elderly, and also that Euthanasia be universally seen as the evil that it is.[/size][/color][/size][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"][color="#595959"][size="4"][color="#000000"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="3"][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img][/size][/font][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font]

Edited by Catherine Therese

HopefulBride

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1300794402' post='2222289']
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Name you would like to take: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]Sister Catherine Therese OP [/size][/font][/color]
[font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"] [/font]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]...and why?: [/size][/font][/color]
[color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="4"]St Therese of Lisieux has been a personal patroness for as long as I can remember, a life-long friend. Her life and works have had a profound impact on me. St Catherine of Siena has been a personal patroness since I entered the order as a Lay Dominican. She chose me, not the other way around... I was initially repulsed by what I heard of her. These two contrasting saints both have much to offer by way of example and guidance to me, and I aspire to different aspects of both... I really believe that type of person our Lord is calling me - my unique and unrepeatable calling - draws much from both of these saints' examples (and little bits from many others) - there is almost a kind of tension between the two lives and characters! Somewhere in the equilibrium... its not me YET, but its who I was created to be. I think. (??)
[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

CT, what a beautiful way to explain your preferred name. I do hope you get this name.

p.s. You are so Dominican

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1300771477' post='2222268']
Colo[b]r[/b]? Green. Followed by blue and orange. ;)
[/quote]

I think we have a preference for the same colors. Almost in the exact same order. :blink:

[b][quote]Favorite food:[/b]
PICKLES. (I think.)[/quote]

I surely hope you mean gherkin pickles, because those are the most amazingly delicious.

[b][quote]The food you hate the most:[/b]
Sardines. :x[/quote]

Surely you jest! Sardines are amazing... especially on fresh white bread... or in Bagna Cauda... yummy!

Mary Magdalene

[b]What is your favorite color?
[/b][color="#ff00ff"]Pink
[/color]
[b]What covent or abby would you like to enter?????
[/b][color="#000080"]Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma

[/color][b]Favorite saint:
[/b][color="#ff8c00"]St Bernadette [/color]:nunpray:

[b]Devotions:
[/b][color="#dda0dd"]Sacred Heart of Jesus, Rosary

[/color][b]Name you would like to take and why:
[/b][color="#0000ff"]Sr. Bernadette Marie RSM

[/color]Why? I have had a great love of St Bernadette since I was nine. I have a great devotion to her and love reading about her life.
Marie- because all the sisters of mercy have to have some sort or version of Mary in their name

[b]Favorite feast day:
[/b][color="#2e8b57"]St Patricks Day

[/color][b]Favorite food:
[/b][color="#ff8c00"]Maccas AKA McDonalds

[/color][b]Favorite animal:
[/b][color="#9932cc"]Horses

[/color][b]The food you hate the most:
[/b][color="#00ff00"]Pickles...yuck!

[/color][b]Hardest part of your discernment:
[/b][color="#ff0000"]Psych tests! Not really the hardest, just lengthy and annoying
[/color]

[color="#000000"]Lime Green[/color]

All of them!

[b]Favorite saint:[/b]
Thomas Becket, St Bridget of Sweden, Hildegard of Bingen, St Anselm and St Augustine

[b]Devotions:[/b]
Stations of the Cross

[b]Name you would like to take and why:[/b]
Mary Magdalene because I am a reformed sinner just like her

[b]Favorite feast day:
[/b]It's gotta be Easter
[b]
[/b] [b]Favorite food:[/b]
Indian

[b]Favorite animal:[/b]
Tortoises and my dog

[b]The food you hate the most:[/b]
Oysters, whelks and jellied eel- DIS-GUS-TING!

[b]Hardest part of your discernment:[/b]
Parents, friends and relatives all trying to put me off, saying it's not for me and I won't be happy :(

[b]Anything you like to add?[/b]
:like3:

franciscanheart

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' timestamp='1300798233' post='2222298']
I think we have a preference for the same colors. Almost in the exact same order. :blink:
[/quote]
I noticed that. :hehe:

I surely hope you mean gherkin pickles, because those are the most amazingly delicious.
[/quote]
:unsure: I'm not sure what those are... I like dill. :blush:

Surely you jest! Sardines are amazing... especially on fresh white bread... or in Bagna Cauda... yummy!
[/quote]
:x

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1300812607' post='2222336']
:unsure: I'm not sure what those are... I like dill. :blush:[/quote]
Gherkins are the sweet pickles... dill are okay for certain things, but if eating them alone, the pickle must be sweet!

franciscanheart

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' timestamp='1300819292' post='2222359']
Gherkins are the sweet pickles... dill are okay for certain things, but if eating them alone, the pickle must be sweet!
[/quote]
:x

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JessicaKoch' timestamp='1300937904' post='2222859']
Its funny I come back here and this gets bumped. So cool how our Lord keeps giving little hints.
[/quote]

:lol:

The Holy Spirit was working through me since I bumped the thread. :saint:

JessicaKoch

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1301019487' post='2223092']
:lol:

The Holy Spirit was working through me since I bumped the thread. :saint:
[/quote]

Yes God was very good to me yesterday.
Thank you for bumping it, its fun to look back at the posts.