journeyman Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 I'm impressed . . . I think I would have to take prerequisites to get into your prerequisites
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 [quote name='phatcatholic' date='Dec 3 2005, 08:08 AM']micah..............what classes are jennie taking? this will be her first semester too, right? [right][snapback]809458[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yes, it'll be her first semester. This is her schedule: HST 105 A Civilization I T R 8:00 AM - 9:15 AM Michael Fitzgerald PHL 103 Intr Philosophy T R 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM Michael J. Healy PSY 102 Prin Psych II T R 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM Joanne Storm PSY 105 A General Psych Days: T R 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM Joanne Storm THE 101 B Fnd Catholicism T R 12:45 PM - 2:00 PM Donald Frinsko, TOR THE 115 H Chris Moral Prn Days: T R 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM Michael George Sirilla
jmjtina Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 Good for you!!!!! I'm jealous. you get to sleep late!!!!!! but I'm sure those classes will keep you up into the wee hours of the morning anyway!!!!!
Fides_et_Ratio Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 3 2005, 03:43 PM']Yes, it'll be her first semester. This is her schedule: HST 105 A Civilization I T R 8:00 AM - 9:15 AM Michael Fitzgerald PHL 103 Intr Philosophy T R 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM Michael J. Healy PSY 102 Prin Psych II T R 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM Joanne Storm PSY 105 A General Psych Days: T R 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM Joanne Storm THE 101 B Fnd Catholicism T R 12:45 PM - 2:00 PM Donald Frinsko, TOR THE 115 H Chris Moral Prn Days: T R 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM Michael George Sirilla [right][snapback]809886[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Fitzgerald. and... Fr. Frinsko? ...she'll never have to study. And if he offers extra credit for watching a movie. Don't go. Antonio Bandaras does not make a good Catholic priest.
phatcatholic Posted December 4, 2005 Author Posted December 4, 2005 [quote name='jmjtina' date='Dec 3 2005, 04:22 PM']I'm jealous. you get to sleep late!!!!!! [right][snapback]809910[/snapback][/right][/quote] yup, i have done and continue to do that on purpose. in my entire collegiate career (6 years so far) i have yet to take a class that started before 9:30 :
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 3 2005, 03:43 PM']Yes, it'll be her first semester. This is her schedule: HST 105 A Civilization I T R 8:00 AM - 9:15 AM Michael Fitzgerald PHL 103 Intr Philosophy T R 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM Michael J. Healy PSY 102 Prin Psych II T R 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM Joanne Storm PSY 105 A General Psych Days: T R 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM Joanne Storm THE 101 B Fnd Catholicism T R 12:45 PM - 2:00 PM Donald Frinsko, TOR THE 115 H Chris Moral Prn Days: T R 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM Michael George Sirilla [right][snapback]809886[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'm with Fides.. My one class with Fitzgerald was perhaps the worst academic experience of my life. Halfway through the semester I stopped going because it was so unbearable. On the plus side he still gave me a good grade. Healy is pretty good for intro, and a reasonable professor (as well as just being a really nice guy). Joanne Storm is a really cool lady. Never had her for class, but I see her around at Mass and Adoration all the time so I assume she's not going to be teaching lies. hehe Frinsko... um.. bleh.. At least its only foundations.. I'm sure Jennie will learn her lesson after this. I'll leave it at that cause I don't want to bash a priest. Sirilla is really good. I had him once and thought it was a great class. I heard him give a presentation on his views regarding moral theology and I must say, he basically expressed my own views so I totally endorse him as a professor for CMP. : Gosh.. You all are making me miss school.
phatcatholic Posted December 4, 2005 Author Posted December 4, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Dec 4 2005, 06:05 AM']Gosh.. You all are making me miss school. [right][snapback]810391[/snapback][/right] [/quote] well then quit being a slacker and get your degree
Aloysius Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 no! don't cave and go back to school! haha even though I caved and decided to stick it out... sigh... Chesterton had a college degree, I suppose... of course back then a college degree was a little different (a little better IMHO, since it wasn't really considered cumpulsorary for anyone who wanted a decent job)
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Dec 4 2005, 06:35 AM']no! don't cave and go back to school! haha even though I caved and decided to stick it out... sigh... Chesterton had a college degree, I suppose... of course back then a college degree was a little different (a little better IMHO, since it wasn't really considered cumpulsorary for anyone who wanted a decent job) [right][snapback]810412[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I have never really had any intention of getting a degree. I like taking classes sometimes, but the whole degree thing doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I never even went to high school and I'm actually glad about that. The idea that you will necessarily be a loser if you don't go along with the whole high school / college thing is nonsense. If you judge "success" just based on money, it's really not that hard. I was making 75K a year with full benefits when I was 20, and that was with no degree of any kind and an eigth grade education. Most people my age were racking up debt in the crappy college system while I was building up my investment portfolio. I'm just hoping to inspire the youth out there who feel like they have to conform to the system. It's all hype. Many of my role models in life were self-taught individuals. I have a friend who is a famous artist and writer and he never went to college or art school. Certainly I could give examples ad nauseum.
Aloysius Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 yeah, I'd really like to do that. there's lots of resistance from friends and family, and the fact that I really like the courses Fr. Mark Gruber teaches. I'm not really in it for the degree either. And my parents plus my scholarships are picking up the first two years, so I can go debt free for these first two years. ehh... I've always been told I'm a good writer. If I just focused and wrote a book, maybe I could break out some success and be able to escape this education system I seem so locked into. but I definitely have the utmost respect for the people who refuse to join the college system. basically, finding out someone is going to college for me usually lowers them one notch in my respectability viewpoint of them (they can certainly earn it back if they prove not to be arrogant buttheads) lol, I say in the thread about someone's college courses for next semester seriously, no offense intended! all the people who have posted here on this thread are not on my list of arrogant butthead college-goers. :
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 Yeah, I suppose a lot of it depends on exactly what you want to do. Some fields really demand a degree and I wholeheartedly agree with that. For example a doctor or lawyer. Also in many other fields a degree serves to help you get your foot in the door, even if its virtually meaningless with regard to how good you are at the job. I've only been turned down once for the simple reason that I lack formal education. And quite frankly I was glad because I wouldn't want to work for a company that was that dumb. It really was their loss too, because I'm actually quite good at the things I do.
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 [quote name='phatcatholic' date='Dec 4 2005, 07:57 AM']gee, i feel special...... [right][snapback]810459[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you are special phatty!!!
Aloysius Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 yep, I even implied that you are not a butthead! I nominate that for compliment of the year!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Dec 4 2005, 07:05 AM']I'm with Fides.. My one class with Fitzgerald was perhaps the worst academic experience of my life. Halfway through the semester I stopped going because it was so unbearable. On the plus side he still gave me a good grade. Healy is pretty good for intro, and a reasonable professor (as well as just being a really nice guy). Joanne Storm is a really cool lady. Never had her for class, but I see her around at Mass and Adoration all the time so I assume she's not going to be teaching lies. hehe Frinsko... um.. bleh.. At least its only foundations.. I'm sure Jennie will learn her lesson after this. I'll leave it at that cause I don't want to bash a priest. Sirilla is really good. I had him once and thought it was a great class. I heard him give a presentation on his views regarding moral theology and I must say, he basically expressed my own views so I totally endorse him as a professor for CMP. : Gosh.. You all are making me miss school. [right][snapback]810391[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I've never had Fr. Don, but he's my chaplain. At least he's a nice guy. As for Fitzgerald...I'm taking the class because I need a history and Jen's in it : ...maybe I'll be sorry for that...stop scaring me.
franciscanheart Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 oh no... someone else is calling him phatty... this cant be a good sign.....
phatcatholic Posted December 5, 2005 Author Posted December 5, 2005 it is a rather enjoyable moniker :
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now