Anastasia13 Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 (edited) I post here because I really enjoy the dialog, perhaps more so as I am a Protestant. Different issues come up here than elsewhere. I have equated this site to a slightly younger in average age, dominantly Catholic version of another Christian-based, general and Christian theology website I am a member of, however this site, however, there is also a distinct difference among other things in some of the topics that come up. I suppose some of that is that being mostly Catholic, discussions here have less to debate on some issues and are better able to jump into other issues that perhaps interest me more at this point in my life. Perhaps the difference that does exist between Catholics and Protestantism allows me to see a little more clearly what I belief. While I disagree with some things, I really do appreciate the emphasis on right living that is found among some of the more devout Catholics. There is a lot here that isn't just about how to understand the sacraments or what view of end times is right, or what church is right, but rather through the faith that then exists, how then are we to live. I like the temperments that post here and I suppose in some ways also the issues that come up. I would honestly say that some 90% of my thinking is easily aligned with Catholicism, merely a few of the other percent are rather not. Although I have a few slight historic disagreements with the Catholic Church's claims, I enjoy the greater historic emphasis. Although I am a Protestant, I have always enjoyed asthetics and other things that are distinctly Catholic. I remember thinking a while ago that I almost wished I had raised Catholic rather than Protestant. Perhaps that was because it would seem like there was something more tangible to believe in, but at the same time I don't theologically agree with some of the important parts. Catholic places are things that I find myself drawn to, especially as I am still seeking the place and manner in Christendom that I am to call mine. At least as a Protestant around Catholics, I shan't likely go too far off in the meantime. Answer is something like that. Edited December 5, 2005 by Light and Truth
N/A Gone Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 come be a hybrid.. whats the other site you post on/
Anastasia13 Posted December 5, 2005 Author Posted December 5, 2005 What do you mean hybrid? Theologyweb is the one I was talking about. I also sometimes post at Carm (yes, the one with the anticatholic write-up on Catholicism), and a smaller forum called The Holy Wild. Those and this are my main thology forums. I am members of some other forums. I found Phatmass through Onerock.
Anastasia13 Posted December 5, 2005 Author Posted December 5, 2005 Oh yeah, I also enjoy being slightly different but not too different from a group because I think it makes for some interesting conversations, at least on my part.
photosynthesis Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 we like that you post here! You are cool!
N/A Gone Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 theologyweb is tough, I was active on the eccesiology stuff for a while(*i enjoy a good systematic ecumenical talk) theologyweb bothered me cause it was full of "false ecuemenism pass the peace pipe hold hands and sing a ditty" Id rather fight a conviction than have to find a heartbeat
Anastasia13 Posted December 5, 2005 Author Posted December 5, 2005 (edited) [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:14 AM']we like that you post here! You are cool! [right][snapback]811480[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Aw, thanks. [quote name='Revprodeji' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:16 AM']theologyweb is tough, I was active on the eccesiology stuff for a while(*i enjoy a good systematic ecumenical talk) theologyweb bothered me cause it was full of "false ecuemenism pass the peace pipe hold hands and sing a ditty" Id rather fight a conviction than have to find a heartbeat [right][snapback]811483[/snapback][/right] [/quote] There are a few do post like that. Actually, Carm is tough. Tweb is comfy to me to me if you are somewhat familiar with the subject and don't mind the reading. How long ago were you active there? Edited December 5, 2005 by Light and Truth
N/A Gone Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 what is carm again? catholic convert forum is very protestant bashing trad style
Anastasia13 Posted December 5, 2005 Author Posted December 5, 2005 Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry. What do you mean Protestant bashing trad style?
N/A Gone Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 thinking that vat 2 was a non authority and protestants are a funny form of mushy mud pie. equal to a witch or demon worshipper. When I mentioned ecumenism I was yelled at ...harsh
Anastasia13 Posted December 5, 2005 Author Posted December 5, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Revprodeji' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:45 AM']thinking that vat 2 was a non authority and protestants are a funny form of mushy mud pie. equal to a witch or demon worshipper. When I mentioned ecumenism I was yelled at ...harsh [right][snapback]811524[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't understand how that fits in with this thread unless you are just talking about your own forum experience as I have spoken of mine. And I still don't know what you meant by hybrid. Edited December 5, 2005 by Light and Truth
photosynthesis Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 by hybrid do you mean "nondenominational?" because people who call themselves nondenominational are still operating in the protestant system of thought and ecclesiology
phatcatholic Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 [quote name='Revprodeji' date='Dec 5 2005, 04:20 AM']what is carm again?[/quote] haha, be glad you don't know [quote]catholic convert forum is very protestant bashing trad style [right][snapback]811492[/snapback][/right][/quote] yea, i've heard that about the catholic convert forum as well. i haven't spent any time there to see it for myself. if it is true, then it is definitely a shame.
N/A Gone Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 L&T I posted about Catholic convert forum, as you asked.. photo...im not nondenom, thats about as free church protestant as possible. Im catholic..just a hybrid
phatcatholic Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 btw, LT, i'm really glad that you are here too : i like how you are always inquiring and wanting to learn more. you are not afraid to ask questions and that is admirable.
littleflower+JMJ Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:57 AM']I post here because I really enjoy the dialog, perhaps more so as I am a Protestant. Different issues come up here than elsewhere. I have equated this site to a slightly younger in average age, dominantly Catholic version of another Christian-based, general and Christian theology website I am a member of, however this site, however, there is also a distinct difference among other things in some of the topics that come up. I suppose some of that is that being mostly Catholic, discussions here have less to debate on some issues and are better able to jump into other issues that perhaps interest me more at this point in my life. Perhaps the difference that does exist between Catholics and Protestantism allows me to see a little more clearly what I belief. While I disagree with some things, I really do appreciate the emphasis on right living that is found among some of the more devout Catholics. There is a lot here that isn't just about how to understand the sacraments or what view of end times is right, or what church is right, but rather through the faith that then exists, how then are we to live. I like the temperments that post here and I suppose in some ways also the issues that come up. I would honestly say that some 90% of my thinking is easily aligned with Catholicism, merely a few of the other percent are rather not. Although I have a few slight historic disagreements with the Catholic Church's claims, I enjoy the greater historic emphasis. Although I am a Protestant, I have always enjoyed asthetics and other things that are distinctly Catholic. I remember thinking a while ago that I almost wished I had raised Catholic rather than Protestant. Perhaps that was because it would seem like there was something more tangible to believe in, but at the same time I don't theologically agree with some of the important parts. Catholic places are things that I find myself drawn to, especially as I am still seeking the place and manner in Christendom that I am to call mine. At least as a Protestant around Catholics, I shan't likely go too far off in the meantime. Answer is something like that. [right][snapback]811456[/snapback][/right] [/quote] ya know Light and Truth--your awesome. I"m glad your here and I can see your learning alot--which is great...keep it up. You sound like how alot of us where when we started learning new things about the faith. The most important thing is to ask, seek and knock God bless you and I'm glad you found the phamily!
argent_paladin Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 Let me add to the general admiration. You are very cool, L&T. Actually, I didn't know you weren't Catholic, and since you have posted so much without being tagged with the "Hello, I do NOT represent the Church" you obviously haven't stepped on any toes or been offensive to Catholic orthodox teaching.
cmotherofpirl Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Dec 5 2005, 04:57 AM']I post here because I really enjoy the dialog, perhaps more so as I am a Protestant. Different issues come up here than elsewhere. I have equated this site to a slightly younger in average age, dominantly Catholic version of another Christian-based, general and Christian theology website I am a member of, however this site, however, there is also a distinct difference among other things in some of the topics that come up. I suppose some of that is that being mostly Catholic, discussions here have less to debate on some issues and are better able to jump into other issues that perhaps interest me more at this point in my life. Perhaps the difference that does exist between Catholics and Protestantism allows me to see a little more clearly what I belief. While I disagree with some things, I really do appreciate the emphasis on right living that is found among some of the more devout Catholics. There is a lot here that isn't just about how to understand the sacraments or what view of end times is right, or what church is right, but rather through the faith that then exists, how then are we to live. I like the temperments that post here and I suppose in some ways also the issues that come up. I would honestly say that some 90% of my thinking is easily aligned with Catholicism, merely a few of the other percent are rather not. Although I have a few slight historic disagreements with the Catholic Church's claims, I enjoy the greater historic emphasis. Although I am a Protestant, I have always enjoyed asthetics and other things that are distinctly Catholic. I remember thinking a while ago that I almost wished I had raised Catholic rather than Protestant. Perhaps that was because it would seem like there was something more tangible to believe in, but at the same time I don't theologically agree with some of the important parts. Catholic places are things that I find myself drawn to, especially as I am still seeking the place and manner in Christendom that I am to call mine. At least as a Protestant around Catholics, I shan't likely go too far off in the meantime. Answer is something like that. [right][snapback]811456[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I thought you were Catholic
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now