An Old School Catholic Message Board

Did Ye Get Healed?

joemal1117

Brother and Sisters in Christ,

After lurking and intermittant posts, here's my first topic for discussion.

I have had the God given blessing of working as a full time Catholic Youth Minister, and also be called into the area of healing prayer. While what I have learned comes from Catholic sources, I have had the gift of working with several Protestant and non denominational Christains and seen the power of God move in physical, spiritual, and emotional healing. My question is to see what is happening in your church in this area. Especially w/ youth. All denominations encouraged to share.

I have been privy to healing experiences and incredible outpourings of the power of God. We frequently have healing masses at my parish and they are always powerful.

However, I believe that the greatest miracles and healings are spiritual. And in that respect my city is experiencing amesome things, especially among Youth. Conversion to Christ and a changed life are the most amesome examples of God's power, and the youth movements in Ottawa are thriving right now, thanks to God and to the prayers of the faithful.

Healing prayer?

Well somewhat like that. We call it palanca. It is much sacrifice and prayer and fasting we do during retreats, which usually includes a team of outsiders, parents, convents, priests, parish communities etc. It is truly the Holy Spirit that works through these retreats.

The healing with the youth is thier change of hearts. What was once anger and guilt is now joy and peace. What was once lukewarm now becomes open to the Word of God. I have seen much healing, but usually and most importantly in the spiritual sense in teens. They have allowed the seed of faith to be planted in thier hearts and are willing to now nurture that growth. The greatest healing with the youth of today that I see is a complete and sincere conversion to Christ. That's what's happening in my neck of the woods. ;)

Guest catholic-for-christ

The only miracle that God has thus far worked in my life (I'm 15, by the way) is making known to me that no matter what the situation, no matter how hopeless it may seem, no matter how painful, how sorrowful, no matter what, he'll always be there to console and guide me.

Matthew 4:16 "The people who sit in darkness have seen a great light, on those dwelling in a land overshadowed by death light has arisen."

Peace of Christ.

Hi Catholic for Christ!

The young do inDouche teach the old. (I'm 34)

No matter what a person is going through, Jesus is there! Thanks for the reminder. It seems that I may try to complicate things too much and forget the simple facts. - God bless you richly. - Muschi

To all:

I've never been to a healing Mass. I don't know what it's all about.

I have however, been exposed greatly to miracle healings having grown up Pentecostal. I just converted to the Catholic faith almost two years ago for those who don't know me.....actually does anyone here know me? lol :P

Personally, I've been skittish to participate in healing Masses and anything "Charismatic" because of my history. I'm not sure if I'm right to be so, but it's something I pray about. Great topic though! :D

Thanks everyone for the interest in this topic.

For those who haven't been to a healing Mass. It's simple...in our parish we have a regular Mass. It usually has a charismatic tinge to it, but those not into that still feel welcome. Since Jesus is doing the healing in a powerful way with the Eucharist they just received, those who wish to can come forward for a prayer blessing from the Celebrant. It's real important to have a priest due to his priestly annointing and authority. After the blessing we have 8 prayer teams availible for additional prayer. (it's the laying on of hands kind of prayer, real gentle, and real powerful)

It's really peaceful and miracles have happened. We currently have a women in our parish who was supposed to die 6 monthes ago due to pancreatic Cancer. Not only is she still alive, but her blood count miraculously turned around a couple weeks ago. And through the prayer at the Mass and additioanl prayer from a healing ministry in our church, her Husband came back to the Faith, her parents who were headed for divorce, reconciled, and many have been witnessed to through this.

Thank you Jesus!

I know that the Eucharist isn't traditionally listed as a healing Sacrament, but He sure does the work through it.

I've also seen radical emotional and spirirtual healing through the Eucharist as well, with the youth I work with. (Maybe I'll post some later)

Now how about combining a hip-hop show and Healing Mass w/ Fr. Pontifex or Fr. Stan Fortuna.... or both...Wow.. lot's of people in the Hip-hop culture need Jesus to heal thier hearts. Hmmmm..

Keep sharing stories and questions.

We have a wonderful Charismatic/ Healing Prayer Group! They are Charismatic - but not too much so as one would say. Our healing Masses are typically once a month and we now have the added amesome blessing of one of our Priests leading with the laying on the hands after Mass! The Holy Spirit has definitely worked through people at our parish and continues to do so.

The weird thing is that I seem to be tempted by the devil into thinking that the Healing is a bad thing, that is takes away humility, that it takes away the perfection of the Eucharist. I even thought this so much that I didn't receive the blessing last time we had laying on the hands dispite the power of the Holy Spirit I now comes down. Any thoughts on this?

Come Holy Spirit. Fill the hearts of thy Faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love and they shall be created and You shall renew the face of the earth. +

JMJ +