homeschoolmom Posted December 21, 2005 Posted December 21, 2005 Well, I just didn't want you to start debating in this thread right here and now... <sheesh>
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 21, 2005 Posted December 21, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 21 2005, 08:32 AM']Well, I just didn't want you to start debating in this thread right here and now... <sheesh> [right][snapback]832661[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I know butthat, I was just giving you a hard time cause its fun.
Sojourner Posted December 22, 2005 Posted December 22, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 21 2005, 06:01 PM'] L_D said "butthat" [right][snapback]833091[/snapback][/right] [/quote] butthat
furay Posted December 23, 2005 Posted December 23, 2005 Hi, I come from the forum Light and Truth referenced in the opening post. Just wanted to say hello and let everybody here know what a great community this is.
Anastasia13 Posted December 23, 2005 Author Posted December 23, 2005 [quote name='furay' date='Dec 22 2005, 04:22 PM']Hi, I come from the forum Light and Truth referenced in the opening post. Just wanted to say hello and let everybody here know what a great community this is. [right][snapback]834105[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Hey friend! *hug*
Anastasia13 Posted December 23, 2005 Author Posted December 23, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Dec 21 2005, 06:04 AM']Interesting your posting on a Catholic convert forum and yet using anti-Catholic phrases.[right][snapback]832594[/snapback][/right] [/quote]And yet despite that I have brought two new members to sign up for Phatmass through this. Such style, such flare, such talent!
spiritmech Posted December 28, 2005 Posted December 28, 2005 L&T: You know I love you. But *please* don't use the word "Papist" on a Catholic board unless you know these people well and are being sarcastic with lots of smiley faces and winks thrown in. It annoys the natives. I'm from the same board as well. I'd like to focus on the things we have in common (perhaps the Theotokos?). It's much more interesting to me than discussing Calvinism vs. Arminianism on other boards.
Anastasia13 Posted December 28, 2005 Author Posted December 28, 2005 [quote name='spiritmech' date='Dec 27 2005, 07:29 PM']L&T: You know I love you. But *please* don't use the word "Papist" on a Catholic board unless you know these people well and are being sarcastic with lots of smiley faces and winks thrown in. It annoys the natives. [right][snapback]837305[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Sorry.
spiritmech Posted December 28, 2005 Posted December 28, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Dec 28 2005, 03:01 AM']Sorry. [right][snapback]837598[/snapback][/right] [/quote] :
furay Posted December 28, 2005 Posted December 28, 2005 [quote name='spiritmech' date='Dec 27 2005, 10:29 PM']It's much more interesting to me than discussing Calvinism vs. Arminianism on other boards.[/quote] Watching paint dry is more interesting than those tired debates...
Paphnutius Posted December 28, 2005 Posted December 28, 2005 Just curious since I am a late comer to this conversation, but what was this old theo board you are all referencing? Welcome one and all.
Anastasia13 Posted December 28, 2005 Author Posted December 28, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Paphnutius' date='Dec 28 2005, 12:56 PM']Just curious since I am a late comer to this conversation, but what was this old theo board you are all referencing?[right][snapback]837945[/snapback][/right] [/quote]Theologyweb. It really is a great board. I just don't have much to say there right now. [quote name='furay' date='Dec 28 2005, 12:52 PM']Watching paint dry is more interesting than those tired debates... [right][snapback]837941[/snapback][/right][/quote]Especially if it's one that changes shade a little when it dries or is on a textured surface or is something like a sponge painting. [quote name='spiritmech' date='Dec 28 2005, 07:54 AM']:[right][snapback]837717[/snapback][/right][/quote] BTW, why is that a problem to use that word? Edited December 28, 2005 by Light and Truth
furay Posted December 28, 2005 Posted December 28, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Dec 28 2005, 05:47 PM']BTW, why is that a problem to use that word? [/quote] Usually because it's intended as an insult so it's not in the best taste to use that term to describe Catholics when you are sojourning on their board.
Anastasia13 Posted December 29, 2005 Author Posted December 29, 2005 [quote name='furay' date='Dec 28 2005, 03:44 PM']Usually because it's intended as an insult so it's not in the best taste to use that term to describe Catholics when you are sojourning on their board. [right][snapback]838070[/snapback][/right] [/quote]I was not aware of it's use as an insult. Is there an alternative that concisely communicates what I meant?
furay Posted December 29, 2005 Posted December 29, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Dec 28 2005, 08:14 PM']I was not aware of it's use as an insult. Is there an alternative that concisely communicates what I meant? [right][snapback]838115[/snapback][/right] [/quote] How about "Catholic"? "I shan't be becoming a [i]Catholic[/i] any time in the forseeable future." Much better. :
Anastasia13 Posted December 29, 2005 Author Posted December 29, 2005 [quote name='furay' date='Dec 28 2005, 05:45 PM']How about "Catholic"? "I shan't be becoming a [i]Catholic[/i] any time in the forseeable future." Much better. : [right][snapback]838128[/snapback][/right] [/quote] What about independant Catholic or Old Catholic?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now