An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cardinal Ratzinger

Captain_Fantastic

Captain_Fantastic

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' date='[B']Dec 11 2003[/B] , 12:52 PM]
Hey everyone, I like Cardinal Ratzinger. What would you think if he became the next Pope?[/quote]

Well, as a matter of fact, Cardinal Ratzinger did become Pope. How do you all like that?

• 9 months later...
SeekingHisPlan

What a great example of docility to God's good will. I think Papa Ratzi was all set to retire, and then God called him to be Pope! No rest for the Holy, I suppose, huh?

What a great example of docility to God's good will. I think Papa Ratzi was all set to retire, and then God called him to be Pope! No rest for the Holy, I suppose, huh?

Ash Wednesday

Yay, Papa Ratzi! :kitten:

P.S. Arinze actually wouldn't have been the first black, or at least African pope.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='SeekingHisPlan' post='1016380' date='Jul 2 2006, 10:01 PM']What a great example of docility to God's good will. I think Papa Ratzi was all set to retire, and then God called him to be Pope! No rest for the Holy, I suppose, huh?

[/quote]
I think Ratzinger was everyone's "fantasy" pick to become Pope. Kinda like sports fan who imagine what it would be like if their team could trade for or draft a superstar. It's a possibility, but you don't really expect it to happen. I was really surprised to see Ratzinger elected Pope, and thought it was a clear message from Heaven that God does exist, and does guide the Church.

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' post='71286' date='Dec 11 2003, 09:52 AM']
Hey everyone, I like Cardinal Ratzinger. What would you think if he became the next Pope?
[/quote]

I think there is a good chance he'll be elected pope, and I like it plenty!

:saint:

[quote name='Didacus' post='1016554' date='Jul 3 2006, 07:26 AM']
I think there is a good chance he'll be elected pope, and I like it plenty!

:saint:
[/quote]
HAHAHAHA

phatcatholic

[quote name='SeekingHisPlan' post='1016380' date='Jul 2 2006, 10:01 PM']
What a great example of docility to God's good will. I think Papa Ratzi was all set to retire, and then God called him to be Pope! No rest for the Holy, I suppose, huh?[/quote]
i think, if i remember correctly, first he wanted to retire but he was made head of the CDF. then, as head of the CDF he asked JPII if he could retire, and the pope said no. crazy how the Lord works.

hierochloe

Were I a betting man and could wager on it, I would have won $100 on how that worked out. And for no other reason than having heard a few people complain about him, I thought, I bet he's the next pope. Someone I know couldn't imagine it and spoke of the possibility with dread, someone that wants women priests as it happens. Hehe....

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I remember reading an America Magazine thing before the conclave with the "favorites". I don't think Ratzinger, or for that matter just about anyone else known for orthodoxy either, was even on their list. More of a "wishful thinking" list than anything else.

There where odds on which Cardinal was going to make pontiff during the conclave and Ratzinger was the favorite. However, there is a church law that prohibits gambling specifically in the case of a conclave - so I did not wager.

I would of had a dime on the Canadien horse; Cardinal Ouellette. He is still young (by cardinal standards) so maybe next time?

But for now lets just enjoy our good papa Ben XVI - long may he live!