An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's the Best Church Fundraiser

Jaime

The best one I've ever put on was a "Kiss the Pig" contest.

We had pictures of five people (including me and the pastors) in the social hall with piggy banks underneath them. Parishioners could put money into the piggy bank beneath the person they wanted to see kiss a live pig. We kept the fundraiser going for 4 weeks with updates on who was ahead (although we wouldn't say by how much). On the fifth week, the winner (loser) had to kiss the pig in front of the entire congregation!

It was a riot and we raised about three grand.

Pastor gives each member five dollars and tells them to do what they want with it to get money from it. Wheather buying something to put on ebay, etc.

In Her Heart,

Ed

This isn't a church event, but when I worked at the YWCA I organized and put on a dinner theater for 250-ish people, 125-ish on each of two nights. We worked with the local civic theater; they volunteered the play part of the equation. And one of our employees was a former chef, so she and I and a couple of volunteers did all the cooking.

We netted just over 5K, and got a lot of people into our building who hadn't been there before.

The best part was at the end of the second night -- we all went out after we were done cleaning up and got toasted.

Limited entry raffle: 1000 tickets, $100 each, prize of $50,000. Church gets remainder. There were a few donated 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

It sold out fast. (This was in a wealthy area, though.)

You could ask any of my ex girlfriends!

Actually I came in second behind the associate pastor. (whew) He was awesome about it. Even when the pig crapped on him!

[quote name='dUSt' date='Dec 28 2005, 03:00 PM']Once my parish held a kiss dUSt raffle.

Somehow we ended up negative $12.57
[right][snapback]837888[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
pain and suffering payments for people who [i]thought[/i] about kissing you?

[quote name='dUSt' date='Dec 28 2005, 11:00 AM']Somehow we ended up negative $12.57
[right][snapback]837888[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Obviously he was having to pay to get kissed....the man is a horribly failed gigolo as far as I can tell. IT WORKS THE OTHER WAY!!!

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 28 2005, 08:09 AM']The best one I've ever put on was a "Kiss the Pig" contest. 

We had pictures of  five people (including me and the pastors) in the social hall with piggy banks underneath them.  Parishioners could put money into the piggy bank beneath the person they wanted to see kiss a live pig.  We kept the fundraiser going for 4 weeks with updates on who was ahead (although we wouldn't say by how much).  On the fifth week, the winner (loser) had to kiss the pig in front of the entire congregation! 

It was a riot and we raised about three grand.
[right][snapback]837735[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

that is brilliant!

we have our Annual Parish Festivsal in september.. where they sell food, have games for the kids to play, and various raffles and forms of gambling for the adults.. it always does well.

missionseeker

My confirmation class stood outside the church doors and begged.

One guy put on sunglasses and grabbed a broom and held out a cup.

we raised about $200.00 in five minutes.

And we also had auction of baked goods that I made a cheesecake for. It sold for $45.00.