An Old School Catholic Message Board

The story of Butthat

homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom

Several months ago, there was a very long and heated debate on the Debate Table. One of the debators was going at it pretty fiercely-- typing away at breakneck speed. I know this because s/he was making many typos. One of which was a repeated use of "butthat" for "but that"...

To break the tension and make everyone laugh, I thought, "I should post, ' :hehehe: ____ said "butthat"'" But I changed my mind... I didn't think this person would think it was very funny. So, instead, I posted to Sojourner what I was thinking. And we've been posting it whenever possible ever since...

It was a glorious day when I got that first PM from hsmom that
:hehehe: _______ said "butthat" ... not only because "butthat" is wicked funny, but also because of the person who said it.

The halcyon days since the introduction of "butthat" have been among the best of my life.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 29 2005, 03:42 PM']Wanted to demonstrate for us, HSmom? :lol:
[right][snapback]839049[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
What are you talking about? :unsure:

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 29 2005, 05:44 PM']<----goes to dictionary.com
[right][snapback]839056[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
for butthat?

Thy Geekdom Come

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=fe136bf120914132e99f84b0b8c98e2c&search_in=posts&result_type=posts&highlite=butthat"]A few small clues can tip off a stalker very well.[/url]

I just want to reiterate how glad I am not to have been on the side of Austria in that debate.

I went with the Allied Powers.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 29 2005, 05:46 PM']halcyon
[right][snapback]839060[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
tranquil, carefree ... "the halcyon days of youth"

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 29 2005, 05:46 PM']Just don't google image it... :pinch:
[right][snapback]839061[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:huh:

I didn't come up with anything bad for Halcyon ...

wait, did you google image BUTTHAT?

What did you THINK you would come up with?????

[quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 29 2005, 05:46 PM'][url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=fe136bf120914132e99f84b0b8c98e2c&search_in=posts&result_type=posts&highlite=butthat"]A few small clues can tip off a stalker very well.[/url]

I just want to reiterate how glad I am not to have been on the side of Austria in that debate.

I went with the Allied Powers.
[right][snapback]839062[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Micah! You ruined all the fun with your wizardly search powers!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 29 2005, 04:44 PM']What are you talking about?  :unsure:
[right][snapback]839053[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolleyes: I [b]invented[/b] that trick, you hear me?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 29 2005, 03:49 PM']:rolleyes: I [b]invented[/b] that trick, you hear me?
[right][snapback]839067[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
What trick...? What are you talking about?