brendan1104 Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 (edited) As you all know so very well, I've been so bent on trying to prove that the SSPX isn't schismatic, etc. but- after ALOT of prayer and thought and study, I've come to the conclusion, that Archbishop Lefebvre, Bishop De Castro Mayer, and the four newly-consecrated bishops, and all the formal adherents fell into grave seperation (schism) from St. Peter's successor and the Church... In humiliation and shame I ask God, and all who read this to forgive me for persisting in error for so long, and taking so long to work through all of this. Those Catholics who continue to think as I did, should pray and reflect very much on this and come back home... to Rome. Thanks for all the prayers- Brendan, former SSPX adherent. Edited December 31, 2005 by brendan1104
brendan1104 Posted December 31, 2005 Author Posted December 31, 2005 i feel so fresh and clean being home... i'm going to confession now- a local priest makes himself available at all hours, and the Church is close, so I'll be back in a half hour. thanks again, everybody!
brendan1104 Posted December 31, 2005 Author Posted December 31, 2005 (et emitte caelitus lucis tuae radium.)
Lilllabettt Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever and ever! For the men of the earth have no words for His Mercy. Do you remember that there is more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance? Queen Mama herself must be singing! Her baby boy is safe and sound!
brendan1104 Posted December 31, 2005 Author Posted December 31, 2005 Just got back from the healing sacrament of Confession! Thank God for His Mercy! Well I'm kind of tired so good night Pham, see you tomorrow.
Thomas Marian Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 Praise God! Now use your talents not for the promotion of schism, but for the greater glory of God and the positive liturgical renewal.
Guest Rick777 Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 (edited) I amire your humility Edited December 31, 2005 by Rick777
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 (edited) hahaha thats funny. and I am still struggling with the SSPX well i suppose any true conversion is good news. I just started reading a book by Marcel Lefebvre called "Open Letter To confused Catholics." but still i can not decide who is right and who is wrong, and its really killing me. I barley have any Faith left in anything anymore. Edited December 31, 2005 by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='Rick777' date='Dec 30 2005, 10:45 PM']I amire your humility [right][snapback]841171[/snapback][/right] [/quote] that's counterproductive!! just teasin
phatcatholic Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 31 2005, 01:58 AM']hahaha thats funny. and I am still struggling with the SSPX well i suppose any true conversion is good news. I just started reading a book by Marcel Lefebvre called "Open Letter To confused Catholics." but still i can not decide who is right and who is wrong, and its really killing me. I barley have any Faith left in anything anymore. [right][snapback]841282[/snapback][/right] [/quote] hang w/ us brother. don't give up. keep praying and asking questions.
Ash Wednesday Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 Hey Brendan, it's all good. We're all in this together. If more people exhibited your humility the world and the Church would be better off. [quote]but still i can not decide who is right and who is wrong, and its really killing me. I barley have any Faith left in anything anymore.[/quote] Don't give up, Extra. Figuring things out is a lifelong process, so be patient with yourself. In the end, the Gospel is about life-sustaining joy. It doesn't mean "Good News" for nothing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now