Dust's Sister Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 Sorry if this has been discussed before but I don't go here every 12 hours to see if it has, lol, but anyway I just learned about it last night, and since it's so far away, and I have time to save up, I really want to go to this. Does anyone else already plan on going?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 There's a possibility that I'll be a catechist by then, so I may be there, but as of now, no, I'm not planning...I just can't possibly afford it.
GuyWithAFoil Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 My brother was at WYD this year and had a great time! I would totaly love to go in '08 but who knows what will be happening then especialy with cash
franciscanheart Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 I would love to make it to another WYD and if i save right, i just might make the one in australia, a place i also want to visit. i may not make it but i would love to if i can afford it!
franciscanheart Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='Carolou' date='Dec 31 2005, 04:18 PM']what [i]is[/i] world youth day exactly? [right][snapback]841922[/snapback][/right] [/quote] *has a heart attack* edit: here is the site for the last one: [url="http://www.wjt2005.de/index.php?id=6&si=1"]http://www.wjt2005.de/index.php?id=6&si=1[/url] and now im going to bump one of the REALLY old world youth day threads from the one BEFORE it.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 what exactly is a cateheist?
Carolou Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Dec 31 2005, 04:19 PM']*has a heart attack* [right][snapback]841924[/snapback][/right] [/quote] uh oh...*hides* I didn't do it....
crazymaine catholic Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 i went to world youth day 2002 in toronto. man that was cool. i only went for like, $399 or something like that. stayed with host families, took a bus. something tells me australian won't be that cheap, or even as much as germany....donations anyone? : :
GuyWithAFoil Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 [quote name='crazymaine catholic' date='Dec 31 2005, 06:26 PM']i went to world youth day 2002 in toronto. man that was cool. i only went for like, $399 or something like that. stayed with host families, took a bus. something tells me australian won't be that cheap, or even as much as germany....donations anyone? : : [right][snapback]842068[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh bummer, considering that germany was over $10 00
crazymaine catholic Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 yeah, the nice part about tornto was that we could drive there. no such luck with germany, and definitely no luck with australia. i'd imagine the air fare will be ridiculous to get there. *sigh*
Carolou Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 couldn't churches try and pick up a second collection(of money, hehe) during Mass....for sending youth to the world youth day. I think that's a good idea. : if I do say so myself.
TheOliverOrder88 Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 Ima going. I loved Germany this past summer. Either I'll be going as a seminarian or a ummm not seminrian.
daugher-of-Mary Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 I went to Germany on scholarship, so it was really cheap! And sooooo wonderful! : I'm hoping to go to WYD 2008 as a musician. Our music group is making a CD within the next few months to send to some VIP in Australia, so we'll see!
djc08 Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 [quote]couldn't churches try and pick up a second collection(of money, hehe) during Mass....for sending youth to the world youth day. I think that's a good idea. if I do say so myself.[/quote] Don't you have to get special permission from your Bishop to actually have a second collection DURING the Mass? Which of course you just ask him and see what he says. When we were raising money for NCYC this year at my parish we would do a lot of donation dinners and we did "Buy A Mile" where we found out how many miles it was to Atlanta, GA and we sold the miles. We also did a prayer tree where people could give us donations to put their prayer requests on the tree. I didn't really like this idea because I didn't think that ppl should have to pay for us to pray for them. All I could think of was selling indulgences right before the Reformation.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 some youth groups sold donuts to go to Cologone i remember.
crazymaine catholic Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 ncyc is fantastic also. unfortunately, i know at least here in maine, a lot of youth ministers never even tell their kids about it. the only way i found out was because i had gone to the new england youth gathering, another retreat that youth ministers fail to tell their kids about. ncyc was fantastic. i wish some youth groups were more aware of the regional and national retreats that are available.
catholic lad Posted January 2, 2006 Posted January 2, 2006 I will definately be going to Sydney in 2008, no matter what my money situation is, I will make sure I have enough. There is a chance I may be a seminarian by that time, if everything goes alright. I went to Cologne last year and it was amazing, without a doubt the most amazing week of my life to date - learnt and experienced so much, and seeing Pope Benedict from 5ft away was just the icing on the cake. Even if i have to swin there myself, I will be at WYD 08' ! God Bless
dUSt Posted January 2, 2006 Posted January 2, 2006 Well, I'm putting together a sinister plot to give away a couple phatmass sponsored trips to go. Basically, there would be some type of contest, and the winners would accompany the phatmass artists to Sydney--basically like groupies. haha
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now