Frankcdnj Posted December 15, 2003 Author Posted December 15, 2003 JP2, I am not concerned about my future wife repenting of her sins. I am worried about how sex outside of wedlock causes serious problems for women physically and mentally. Read my post from the Christian counselor. And I really can not be willing to marry a woman knowing there is a strong probability she will experience these problems. Plus, if I am a virgin why can't I seek the same in my bride. In being honest it would worry me that she may have enjoyed the other man more than me. The old saying “You can’t miss what you never had” fits real good. But anyway I have decided it is a virgin or no one. And with the slim chance of finding a virgin bride I presume I will be single till my grave. Also, more than half of my life is over any way. If I have survived this long I can finish out the rest. Please do not see me as not being Catholic. This topic is also found on Catholic websites and they go into detail about what I just stated.
Ash Wednesday Posted December 15, 2003 Posted December 15, 2003 Wasn't this virginity talk in a couple of other threads? :stretcher: :confused:
BLAZEr Posted December 15, 2003 Posted December 15, 2003 I know it keeps getting brought back up . . .it's annoying.
Ash Wednesday Posted December 15, 2003 Posted December 15, 2003 I don't think there's anything wrong with frank wanting to marry a virgin. However, I don't think that someone not being a virgin makes a marriage automatically doomed. It is the sacramental element of the marriage that holds it together. Nothing is impossible with God -- whether it's finding a virgin bride under seemingly impossible circumstances, or having a fruitful marriage despite one or both spouses having a "past"... If you're very insistent that it's going to be a virgin or nobody, then perhaps if God does not lead you to a virgin bride, it's not his will that you be married. Rather than be depressed about possibly not being married, pray to God and ask him what he wills for you -- marriage or otherwise. He will lead you something that will prove to be for the best in the end.
Frankcdnj Posted December 15, 2003 Author Posted December 15, 2003 Ash Wednesday, very well put. I have to find out through prayer what the Lord wants for me in my life. I have not totally given up on the idea of marriage but it is not my priority at this time because the prospects are minimal at best. How is it put "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." Well I have seen the light as to whom is available for me as a spouse and I choose not to accept it.
geetarplayer Posted December 15, 2003 Posted December 15, 2003 Mark, think about what you are saying. 1 in 25, 4% are virgin brides. I would not take a chance in a raffle with better odds. Who has the time and drive to meet, befriend and date all those women to find the virtuous one? I know I don't. Again, I reiterate: More often than not, you can't go looking for love. Love has to find you. God has a plan for you, Frank. Maybe His plan is for you to be single for the rest of your life. Maybe you'll be at the grocery store and you'll strike up a conversation with somebody who you'll end up spending the rest of your life with. Offer it up to the Big Man, because Daddy always provides for His kids (that means you, Frank! ) Love and prayers, Mark
Frankcdnj Posted December 15, 2003 Author Posted December 15, 2003 Mark, I did have an encounter with a woman about 3 months ago. I have not seen her in over a month but I still think of her. I have no doubt she liked me and I hope her interest in me does not wane. Possibly the age gap is too large since I am not sure as to how old she is. I just hope she was not supposed to be my significant other and I missed the opportunity. I imagine God does not do one shot deals and if you miss you are out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now