cmotherofpirl Posted December 12, 2003 Posted December 12, 2003 I think its from Vera's list, I just added it to my siggy.
musturde Posted December 12, 2003 Posted December 12, 2003 u can fight logic with her by giving her some proofs of God... I remember someones profile has a site that has some proofs from St. Thomas Aquinas but there are more and they are good too. Btw I heard of a French Philosopher... I don't remember his name but I'm think I saw his quote somewhere on Phatmass "I think therefore I am". Can nyone tell me? This is kind of relevent bcause this dude didn't believe in anything. He doubted his existance, God, math, and science. He eventually turned mad but then started believing in them, he came up with a way to find out if they are real or not and I think he did something for God (a proof)
VeraMaria Posted December 12, 2003 Posted December 12, 2003 This is amesome!!! VeraMaria definitely needs a copy of that! yes i do. -_- :wacko:
cmotherofpirl Posted December 12, 2003 Posted December 12, 2003 u can fight logic with her by giving her some proofs of God... I remember someones profile has a site that has some proofs from St. Thomas Aquinas but there are more and they are good too. Btw I heard of a French Philosopher... I don't remember his name but I'm think I saw his quote somewhere on Phatmass "I think therefore I am". Can nyone tell me? This is kind of relevent bcause this dude didn't believe in anything. He doubted his existance, God, math, and science. He eventually turned mad but then started believing in them, he came up with a way to find out if they are real or not and I think he did something for God (a proof) for any discussions with atheists, deists etc you need a copy of The handbook of Christian Apologetics by Kreeft and Tacelli. I summerizes EVERY major argument anybody will come up with, with humor, wit and plain logic.
mulls Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 ThespianChic, hotness. absolute hotness. teacher---> :knockout: <---you i can do diagrams too. kinda.
Lil Red Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 GTC, this is you and your teacher: :argue: You rock, btw.
mulls Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 yea but my example shows the conclusion. ha. :P
VeraMaria Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 yea but my example shows the conclusion. ha. hopefullt GTC escapes without the black eye :ph34r: :P
Petrus Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 Well, she has flat out said that she doesn't believe in a "silly God" before. I was very offended. ThespianChic, it seems that the teacher was advancing her own atheist religious beliefs, not just denying Christian beliefs. You should stop her from even advocating atheism.
VeraMaria Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 ThespianChic, it seems that the teacher was advancing her own atheist religious beliefs, not just denying Christian beliefs. You should stop her from even advocating atheism. it's not as easy as it sounds. you can't just stop teachers. :ph34r:
littleflower+JMJ Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 :duel: go get 'em GTC!! and know that we're here cheering for ya!! :cheer:
cmotherofpirl Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 If any are interested in your rights as a student in a public school concerning prayer, here's the full copy. Students' Bill of Rights on a Public School Campus Freedom to Express Religious Beliefs I. The right to meet with other religious students. The Equal Access Act allows students the freedom to meet on campus for the purpose of discussing religious issues. II. The right to identify your religious beliefs through signs and symbols. Students are free to express their religious beliefs through signs and symbols. III. The right to talk about your religious beliefs on campus. Freedom of speech is a fundamental right mandated in the Consitution and does not exclude the school yard. IV. The right to distribute religious literature on campus. Distributing literature on campus may not be restricted simply because it is religious. V. The right to pray on campus. Students may pray on campus alone or with others so long as it does not disrupt school activities or it is not forced on others. VI. The right to carry or study your Bible on campus. The Supreme Court has said that only state directed Bible reading is unconstitutional. VII. The right to do research papers, speeches, and creative projects with religious themes. The First Ammendment does not forbid all mention of religion in public schools. VIII. The right to be exempt. Students may be exempt from activities and class content that contradict their religious beliefs. IX. The right to celebrate or study religious holidays on campus. Music, art, literature, and drama that have religious themes are permitted as part of the curriculum for school activities if presented in an objective manneras a traditional part of the cultural and religious heritage of the particular holiday. X. The right to meet with school officials. Where did you get the list?
phatcatholic Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 GodThespianChic, i didn't think this was a very christian thing to say: Well, she has flat out said that she doesn't believe in a "silly God" before. I was very offended. Oh well...when she finds out she's wrong, she'll think more about listening to me...oh wait! then it would be too late for her! the fact that you believe in God and she doesn't is a gift from God to you. i understand that she has been disrespectful to you b/c of ur faith, but you still owe her respect as a person. also, this whole thread seems tinged w/ pride, like "we are amesome" and "she smells of elderberries." we are nothing, we are no better than anyone else, and our christianity is definitely nothing we merit or deserve. that quote above really struck me. it seemed as though you relish in the thought that she will be humiliated on the last day. i don't know. maybe i'm off base here. but, when i read this thread something about it bothered me. yours in Christ, phatcatholic
GodsThespianChic Posted December 13, 2003 Author Posted December 13, 2003 I didn't mean it that way phatcatholic. I just meant that I wish that she would believe me, well, believe in Him, for her own soul's sake...but she won't...and by the time she figures out that it's true, it will be too late for her. I wasn't trying to be mean or be awful as it can sound. Sorry for coming across that way! And I didn't mean "we are amesome and she smells of elderberries", I meant God is amesome and satan smells of elderberries! Because if she is trying to keep us from praying...then satan is working through her. But thanks Cmom, I will definately try to find that book and get it (oooh, something to add to my Christmas list!!) and just keep on prayin for me and her guys...maybe she'll eventually see the truth... :seesaw:
littleflower+JMJ Posted December 13, 2003 Posted December 13, 2003 GTC!!!! :rolling: :rolling: i just read your SIG!! girl you rock!!! :lol:
GodsThespianChic Posted December 13, 2003 Author Posted December 13, 2003 BTW, Cmom, I got the list from the sponser of CFS at school...at the bottom of it, it says: ...the book, Student's LEGAL RIGHTS on a Public School Campus, may be obtained by calling or writing the publisher: Roever Communications - P.O. Box 136130 - Ft. Worth, TX - 817-238-2005 The book details each right, so I think I'm gonna try and get a copy of the book and keep it with me at school...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now