An Old School Catholic Message Board

Report: Man Who Shot Pope to Be Freed

Colleen

Report: Man Who Shot Pope to Be Freed

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060108/ap_on_re_mi_ea/turkey_pope_gunman"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060108/ap_on_...key_pope_gunman[/url]

ANKARA, Turkey - A court has approved the release of the man who shot
Pope John Paul II in 1981, saying he completed his prison term in Turkey, the semiofficial Anatolia news agency reported Sunday.

Mehmet Ali Agca was extradited to Turkey in 2000 after serving almost 20 years in Italy for shooting and wounding the pope in St. Peter's Square in Rome. His motives for the attack remain unclear.

Agca, 46, was expected to be released as early as Monday.

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jan 8 2006, 11:58 AM']did he repent for his actions?
[right][snapback]849462[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeppers, I'm pretty sure he did.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:01 PM']Yeppers, I'm pretty sure he did.
[right][snapback]849464[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Only girls say yeppers...or guys who love girls who say yeppers... :hehe:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:43 PM']Not me.  Blech!

I've said it for years.
[right][snapback]849494[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuurrree...

He thought the Goddess of Fatima was going to take her vengeance on him. John Paul disabused him of his fears. :)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Era Might' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:56 PM']He thought the Goddess of Fatima was going to take her vengeance on him. John Paul disabused him of his fears.  :)
[right][snapback]849513[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
If by "goddess" he meant "Lady" and by "take her vengeance on" he meant "pray for the conversion of"...then sure! :D:

The assassination attempt's connection wth Fatima is pretty interesting. It happened on May 13th, the special month and day of the Fatima apparitions. The Holy Father firmly believed that "one hand shot the gun (agca), while another guided the bullet (Our Lady of Fatima)". Of course, this conviction was later solidified in the Holy See's official interpretation of the Third Secret of Fatima. He also placed the bullet that shot him in the crown of Our Lady's statue at Fatima.

Edited by Era Might

EcceNovaFacioOmni

This guy is not mentally stable. Did anyone read the letter he wrote after John Paul II died? He signed it as the Messiah.