An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Story for the Ages

Guest trfr415

Guest trfr415

Hello, I am new to Phatmass. I am from New Jersey and here is my vocation story:

my vocation was detected by my parents and relatives at age 10 in 1997. After my Confirmation in November of 2002, my vocation became my main focus in life and everything I did and still do revolves around that.

I was born on April 15, 1987 at 1 pound, 1 ounce and was only 23 weeks gestation, my skin was transparent and I was only given a one half of one percent chance of surviving. My birthday feel on the Wednesday of Holy Week that year. My Mom, Cheryl, was in a coma until she woke up on Good Friday and seen it was exactly 3PM! Talk about the miracle of life! I was released from the hospital on the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, September 8, 1987. In April of 1990, at the age of 3, I received an apparition from Our Lady of Grace, who came to visit me at the foot of my bed during a period of being awake from sleep. Not having any medical ailments at the time, leads myself and my family to feel that the apparition was the “seed” that made my vocation grow inside of me. I am a senior in HS.

I am very active in my parish of Our Lady Queen of Peace. I serve it as a lector and commentator along with being the Assistant Lay Ministry Coordinator. My Mother is the actual coordinator. Our ministries are very vibrant and faith-filled and we take great pride in the initiatives begun I ask for your prayers for our ministry coordination and for the recruiting of new ministers.

Christopher

Guest trfr415

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jan 15 2006, 08:47 PM']you belong to our lady queen of peace in texas run by the companions of the cross.
[right][snapback]857147[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I belong to Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish in NJ.

photosynthesis

[quote name='trfr415' date='Jan 15 2006, 09:48 PM']I belong to Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish in NJ.
[right][snapback]857149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
yeah NJ!!!! I am from NJ too and it is awesome... what county are you in? I am in Union county.

Blessed be God for your vocation story. I hope He continues to lead you closer to Him.

C,

Thanks for sharing your story with us, it is very inspirational. I will pray for more priestly vocations to satisfy the needs of your parish, especially your own vocation.

God bless,

Michael

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Rock On.

As you know Our Lady wanted you to live to do something special for mankind for the glory of God.

Thank you for witnessing to the hope of life.

SHALOM

• 2 weeks later...
Laurentina1975

Welcome Chris, glad to get to know such a fine gentleman such as yourself, I am praying for you and keep in touch!

Lauren