An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who's who among PM monarchists

Aloysius

Hey there. We are Aloysius the Monarchist. You may also know us as Aloysius the Chestertonian, Aloysius the Pipe-smoker, Aloysius the unpopular hat wearer, Aloysius the terrible, or Aloysius king of the ten feet diameter around our person. I noticed a bunch of other people around these phorums say they're monarchists. Who are you and why do you so the oh so precious 'rule of the people'?

Laudate_Dominum

I'm sort of a Monarchist, but I'd have to explain.

Technically I'm a neo-distributist panarchist (as you know), but what has not been disclosed is that this system is designed to eventually revive nobility and monarchy. :yahoo:

So yes, I'm a monarchist. :cool:

:cool:

You know, somehow intuitively I knew that about that system even though you never said it. We should call it panmonarchy (though I'm sure there's a better linguistic way to combine the two suffixes)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jan 17 2006, 11:06 PM']:cool:

You know, somehow intuitively I knew that about that system even though you never said it.  We should call it panmonarchy (though I'm sure there's a better linguistic way to combine the two suffixes)
[right][snapback]859483[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
hehe yeah, panmonarchy is a contradiction on the surface. Maybe something like paneparchy. Dang.. that looks funky. Maybe epipanarchism.. no.. shucks.. we'll figure it out. :)

I am a monarchist. I love the idea that there can, at least on paper, be an insitution which is above the petty squabbles of party politics and the endless appealing to the voice of the mob simply for the sake of maintaining power. I believe that in a toss up the monarchial system of government may actually be a better political system at cultivating virtue than representative democracy. Monarchs can fall into vanity, arrogance, rashness and so on but then again so can elected leaders and a monarch doesnt have to deal with horse trading, blackmailing and power plays behind the scene (apart from in the case of treason and civil war). If the King is a good King, intilligent and not easily led by favourites or previaling opinions, as a monarch he is in a far better position to become a saint and to help create a good society than a man who must pander to the masses to maintain his post.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='philothea' date='Jan 18 2006, 12:14 AM']Me too, me too! :bye:

I very much dislike smearing all the responsibility around as democracies do.
[right][snapback]859518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:hehehe:

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 18 2006, 12:17 AM']:hehehe:
[right][snapback]859519[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Oh, great. Giggles!

It was late and I couldn't type much last night. More specifically, I am a feudalist.

:cyclops:

I'm one of those dirty papist myself.

I sincerely believe the Papacy is the best form of goverment in the world.

How many politicians would we have if they genuinely remained celibate in order to run for govemrent office? I think just that one factor alone is a strong argument towards papacy.

And yes, I am against seperation of church and state. I do not umndertand why the two should be different and would fullheartidly welcome a day when Canada would adopt the Pope as its undisputed leader in all things of consequence.

I am a Papist! We used to burn you Monarchist at the stake didn't we? Oh wiat, or was that the other way around? Maybe I should just stay out of this thread altogether...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jan 18 2006, 12:02 AM']Hey there.  We are Aloysius the Monarchist.  You may also know us as Aloysius the Chestertonian, Aloysius the Pipe-smoker, Aloysius the unpopular hat wearer, Aloysius the terrible, or Aloysius king of the ten feet diameter around our person.  I noticed a bunch of other people around these phorums say they're monarchists.  Who are you and why do you so the oh so precious 'rule of the people'?
[right][snapback]859480[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I always think of you as Aloysius-- the guy in suade... :ohno:

[quote name='Didacus' date='Jan 18 2006, 08:25 AM']I'm one of those dirty papist myself.

I sincerely believe the Papacy is the best form of goverment in the world.

How many politicians would we have if they genuinely remained celibate in order to run for govemrent office?  I think just that one factor alone is a strong argument towards papacy.

And yes, I am against seperation of church and state.  I do not umndertand why the two should be different and would fullheartidly welcome a day when Canada would adopt the Pope as its undisputed leader in all things of consequence.

I am a Papist!  We used to burn you Monarchist at the stake didn't we?  Oh wiat, or was that the other way around?  Maybe I should just stay out of this thread altogether...
[right][snapback]859659[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol:

IMO, the problem with this is that the skills required to be a religious leader, and the skills required to be a political leader are generally not the same.

I'm not in favor of Church/State separation either, but I don't think they can serve the same function.

[quote name='philothea' date='Jan 18 2006, 08:34 AM'][snip]

I'm not in favor of Church/State separation either, but I don't think they can serve the same function.
[right][snapback]859666[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Entirely agree; but the authority of one can supercede the other. the authority of the chruch should supercede the authority of the goverment, especially for things such as; war, abortion, death penalty,ect...

I don't think the hurch will ever care aoubt the cost of parking, speed limits, ect... the church's authority of these things would be 'recommendations', but not directives.

Bring back the Papacy Jack!

(better than bring back the Union Jack...)