dUSt Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 Use this thread to list the URL of any site that appears in the Google Ads to the right that is offensive or not in line with Catholic morality.
dUSt Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 18 2006, 03:52 PM']Should this be pinned? [right][snapback]860256[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Nope. I added a link below the actual ads that will take people right to this thread when clicked.
Lil Red Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 www.godwithoutreligion.com doesn't seem like something we ought to be promoting.
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 [quote name='dUSt' date='Jan 18 2006, 04:53 PM']Nope. I added a link below the actual ads that will take people right to this thread when clicked. [right][snapback]860259[/snapback][/right] [/quote] coool...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 i don't know if you want to report this or not but there are a lot of links to protestant churches.
Theoketos Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 [url="http://www.the7greatprayers.com/financialblessings_fb.htm"]http://www.the7greatprayers.com/financialblessings_fb.htm[/url] Sad, but funny, but God should not be part of ripping people off.
Theoketos Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 Well Yes in this thread, but I saw my link in anouther thread. And for some reason, I can only type in fast reply...right now...
Era Might Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 (edited) [url="http://www.mykindaplace.com"]http://www.mykindaplace.com[/url] "Hot pics of Orlando and other celebs" Pretty much all the ads in the Muzik phorum are trashy. Edited January 19, 2006 by Era Might
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 Akalayes forum is full of anti-catholic stuff about the sex abuse scandals.
Cam42 Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 [url="http://www.oncecatholic.org"]http://www.oncecatholic.org[/url] OnceCatholic.org strives to assist lapsed Catholics in returning to the practice of the faith. The mission of OnceCatholic.org is "to put you back in touch with a face-to-face community of Catholics." To this end, the site provides resources on the Church's teachings, a database of "welcoming parishes", and an ongoing, moderated discussion for those who are wrestling to understand the teachings of the Church. Unfortunately, this project of American Catholic Online turns what could be a good site doing the necessary work of evangelization into a place to find watered down, misleading, and sometimes blatantly false information about the Church. · Is a sister site of American Catholic Online, which is linked from every Q&A page (Fidelity) Example(s) · Answers to questions often take Church documents and teachings out of context and can be very misleading and even false (Fidelity) Example(s) · Often strips the Church and its sacraments of their true power and meaning in order to be welcoming and inclusive (Fidelity)
Jaime Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 www.ruhotquiz.net Well its not actually that offensive. It just said I wasn't hot at all! Can we report accurate ads too?
dustthouart Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 I don't see any ads at all, but I do see the "report" link.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 18 2006, 06:57 PM']www.ruhotquiz.net Well its not actually that offensive. It just said I wasn't hot at all! Can we report accurate ads too? [right][snapback]860372[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
dUSt Posted January 19, 2006 Author Posted January 19, 2006 Well, I can block up to 200 domain names from appearing in the ads, so... depending on how many are detrimental to the faith, we may or may not be able to be really nit-picky... I'm not really sure yet. Let's start with blocking the ones that are blatantly bad.
Cam42 Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 If people are not sure what the site has to offer or want clarification, plug the site into [url="http://www.catholicculture.org"]www.catholicculture.org[/url]. They have the most expansive review of Catholic sites.
Brother Adam Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 www.everystudent.com "Is there a difference between Catholics and Christians" yeah protestantism! I'm sorry it has had to come to this for you Dust. I would give if I could.
dUSt Posted January 19, 2006 Author Posted January 19, 2006 Hey, I blocked that one already! haha There must be some type of lag time.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 [url="http://highpaysurveys.com/pope.html"]http://highpaysurveys.com/pope.html[/url] this one is called should the Pope resiegn?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now