An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual adoration

Marieteresa

Hey folkies,
I just had to check out the rapping nuns to see what they are all about. I am just wondering has anyone contacted these sisters? They seemed really cool, I actually got up the courage to call them. I talked to Sr. Lois who ran down what their life is like and formation and when their next retreat is.

[url="http://www.ssfpa.org/"]Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual adoration[/url]

Edited by Marieteresa

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Jan 23 2006, 06:16 PM']They rap? Where does it say that?
[right][snapback]864230[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 23 2006, 10:19 AM']This is one of the coolest vocation websites I've found.  If you go to the "Click for latest video", you'll see some cool sisters.  Then the archived videos have priests and brothers, etc.  (Sorry I use the word cool so much -- I'm from the 80's.  You'll have to teach me some new words.....)  :shock:

[url="http://www.seekholiness.com/"]www.seekholiness.com[/url]
[right][snapback]863918[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Laurentina1975

I saw these Sisters in Mundelien Illilinois for the Institute on Religious Life Annual Meeting. They were awesome! I think just about all of them from the video were there! So cool! :) Great video

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Jan 23 2006, 07:44 PM']I saw these Sisters in Mundelien Illilinois for the Institute on Religious Life Annual Meeting.  They were awesome!  I think just about all of them from the video were there!  So cool! :) Great video
[right][snapback]864247[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have met them at the IRL meeting as well. Also spoke to their vocation directress. Sr. Lois and I would say check them out.

i remember the sisters, i was in contact with Sr. lois...we didtn keep intouch...i didnt find anything interesting about the community that made me very interested enough to continue tlaking with them.

my novitiate was across the street from their Motherhouse. I usaed to go to their perpetual adoration chapel everyday...they were one of the most wonderful group of sisters i have been blessed to meet!

in Christ and Mary,
fr. Matt

photosynthesis

I have a friend who joined this order, later to come home a year later. she decided that it wasn't for her. But they all seem like joyful sisters who are dedicated to their apostulate

Birgitta Noel
:clapping: that was great! Just what I needed to bring a smile to my face this am as I procrastinate writing a paper I have to give in class in 6 hours! :pinch:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='passionheart' date='Jan 23 2006, 08:21 PM']I have met them at the IRL meeting as well. Also spoke to their vocation directress. Sr. Lois and I would say check them out.
[right][snapback]864297[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you going this year?? :idontknow: Cuz I am! Whoo hooo.

Laurentina1975

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jan 23 2006, 10:44 PM']I have a friend who joined this order, later to come home a year later.  she decided that it wasn't for her.  But they all seem like joyful sisters who are dedicated to their apostulate
[right][snapback]864401[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Was she tall with reddish brown hair and maybe like in her later twenties or early thirties? Just wondering...because I think I met her but I am not sure. :cool:

be_thou_my_vision

I have been to this convent like 3 or 4 times. I love these sisters. They are hilarious, and they have a wonderful spirituality. They are active in teaching and health care. They own St. Elizabeth Hospital and St. Francis Hospital in Lafeyette and Indianapolis. These sisters are so comfortable to be around. I HIGHLY recommend getting in contact with them because they are a wonderful bunch with a lot of history to back them up. They value tradition and they love their retired sisters. The website doesn't do it justice. You have to go up.