BLAZEr Posted February 1, 2006 Posted February 1, 2006 Count me in Dust, as long as there is someone who can give me a deadline and topic suggestions.
franciscanheart Posted February 1, 2006 Posted February 1, 2006 i can help as long as youre positive you dont mind what we write about :
journeyman Posted February 2, 2006 Posted February 2, 2006 bump for writers, editors, scholars and other volunteers hughey - if we get so overwhelmed with material that we start getting selective about topics, we'll advertise the fact . . . per dUSt's request at start of thread . . . no boundaries . . . other than the usual societal covenants of good taste
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted February 4, 2006 Posted February 4, 2006 How about a Weekly Affirmation with The Dude? I can use intimidation to get you motivated and self-humiliation to make you feel better about yourself. I think it'd be a popular feature.
prose Posted February 4, 2006 Posted February 4, 2006 Why does it seem like this thread is a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off??
Colleen Posted February 4, 2006 Posted February 4, 2006 [quote name='prose' date='Feb 3 2006, 10:27 PM']Why does it seem like this thread is a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off?? [right][snapback]875141[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Lots of ideas . . . no organization. Maybe people should just start writing and when they have something, post it. It might be easier to figure out what to do from there.
philothea Posted February 4, 2006 Posted February 4, 2006 [quote name='prose' date='Feb 3 2006, 09:27 PM']Why does it seem like this thread is a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off?? [right][snapback]875141[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Because it's up to dUSt to tell us what to do -- either individually or through delgating authority -- and he hasn't done so. I haven't had the heart to harass him about it. Yet.
journeyman Posted February 4, 2006 Posted February 4, 2006 [quote name='Colleen' date='Feb 4 2006, 10:58 AM']Lots of ideas . . . no organization. Maybe people should just start writing and when they have something, post it. It might be easier to figure out what to do from there. [right][snapback]875613[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Colleen, you get to be the assistant publisher . . . that is our organization . . . it is a bubble up style, rather than a "top down" . . . although we do get to nag . . . BLAZEr - what kind of topics would you like to be asked to write? dUSt was pretty open ended at the start . . . so write what you like, and the editors will see if it works . . . this is the internet, so we get to change the motto of the New York Times . . . all the news that fits, we print Lounge Daddy - we just passed a First Friday, was that your theme? prose - youth ministry . . . anything? [quote name='journeyman' date='Jan 31 2006, 05:23 PM']QUOTE(philothea @ Jan 30 2006, 08:38 PM) Okay, let me see if I understand. I should just start doing editor things: get the volunteers to write articles, edit them, have them vetted, and then see if dUSt pays any attention... ...and if he doesn't, make a Phatmass Magazine topic, post stuff, and we go on without him? * Better plan VOLUNTEER WRITERS!! Send your articles to Philothea for initial edit and review. VOLUNTEER EDITORS!! Philothea will ask for your help as articles arrive. VOLUNTEER SCHOLARS!! Where are you? VOLUNTEER PAGE DESIGNERS AND POSTERS!! Stand by dUSt - let us know when you're ready, and we'll do the same [right][snapback]871376[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
frozencell Posted February 4, 2006 Posted February 4, 2006 I would LOVE to write stuff for this. I do agree that maybe anyone who wants to write can and then forward the result to Philothea so he can read them. Then he can make the edits and posts as he sees fit (along with dust). I guess I'll start writing something today. It may not be a regular submission, but I'll try to be as funny and entertaining as I can.
journeyman Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 she'll be delighted . . . . .. . well, since she volunteered, we'll leave the word choice unchanged
Love4MySavior Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 hmmm This would me neat. Maybe we could do an article on the history of a Saint. Maybe educate people on those who are physically challenged like myself. (cerebral palsy) Too many people think it is a disease you can catch. It isn't . Maybe we could even add some jokes. Just some ideas.
benedictaj Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 If I'm given a topic, I can write something. (My sense of humour doesn't work well on paper though...)
journeyman Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 [quote name='memtherose' date='Feb 5 2006, 02:50 AM']If I'm given a topic, I can write something. (My sense of humour doesn't work well on paper though...) [right][snapback]876151[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If there was a topic that would lead you to say "Oh, I was hoping you'd give me that one" . . . consider it given . . . [quote name='Love4MySavior' date='Feb 4 2006, 10:32 PM']hmmm This would me neat. Maybe we could do an article on the history of a Saint. Maybe educate people on those who are physically challenged like myself. (cerebral palsy) Too many people think it is a disease you can catch. It isn't . Maybe we could even add some jokes. Just some ideas. [right][snapback]876080[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Patron saint(s) for the physically challenged . . . it's yours . . . how might that contrast (theology of the body?) with Didacus' topic? [quote name='Didacus' date='Jan 25 2006, 11:35 AM']I would like to start with a piece on 'The Culture of Death and the Theology of Liberation'. I would try to take a 'fresh look' (as much as possible) and then bring it to 'real life, day-to-day' examples to which everyone could relate and try to add a comical twist in that second part. [right][snapback]865552[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Basic Guidelines again: [quote name='dUSt' date='Jan 24 2006, 09:13 AM']I would really like to start including some [b]original[/b] content for the phatmass homepage. Even if it's just one or two new articles a week. With all of us in the phorum, there [b]has[/b] to be a few people with some writing talent willing to dedicate an article a month to phatmass. I figure if we get a team of 6-8 writers, with a comittment of one article per month, we'll have fresh content about once or twice a week. That'd be a great start. You can write about anything you want. personally, I like humor mixed in to stuff I read, but you don't [b]have[/b] to if you you don't want to. [b]Benefits:[/b] -Looks good on a resume, as you'll be published on the home page of one of the busiest Catholic websites in the world. -You'll feel better about yourself because it'll be work for the Church - No pay - No medical/dental - No 401k - Pay for your own uniform [right][snapback]864583[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
missionseeker Posted February 8, 2006 Posted February 8, 2006 give me a topic. I don't know if I could show much humor on paper, but I'll see if I can something.
Didacus Posted February 8, 2006 Posted February 8, 2006 I think the editor in chief should psot 4-5 suggested topics. And What length of article are we talking about. I will try to have my article submitted to Phil within two weeks. good writting everyone (and NOOOOO copying!)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now