An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm baaack!

ThyHolyLove

Hey All! I'm back at home after doing an aspirancy with the Dominican Nuns of Summit, NJ. It was a great experience and the Sisters were just awesome! Yea, gettting up at 5:20 and going to bed at 10:00 was hard, but it got easier as time went on. The mixture of prayer, recreation, work and study is so wonderfully balanced.

I learned so much about myself and about religious life in general. A retreat is good for getting to know a community, but living the life is just....wow....

I was actually amazed at how much laughed, (mostly at myself!)

If you're thinking about contemplative life, check them out!

[quote]  NEW JERSEY RULES[/quote]

Amen!

Of course, everyone knows South Jersey is the place to be!!

We've got the best town in the US. :P:

Welcome back! It sounded like it was a wonderful, learning experience. How did you feel being behind cloistered walls? Have been there and it is daunting at times, and very quiet.

she_who_is_not

Emily,
I glad it was a good experience!! I've only spoken to Sister MC but they seem like such a neat communtiy. I'll keep praying for you!
Amanda

Laurentina1975

+JMJ+
Hey Emily! Welcome back and glad you learned much about yourself, that's one thing that is so cool about religious life. :dancer1:
Peace out. Lauren

[quote name='nowak.chris' date='Jan 25 2006, 03:35 PM']Amen!

Of course, everyone knows South Jersey is the place to be!!

We've got the best town in the US. :P:
[right][snapback]865664[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

that's right :)

glad it was a good stay Emily!

AlterDominicus

Amen!

AWESOME! I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really need to visit them after all this time. They are my extended family - I'm related to them. Hehehehehehe (I wish really!)