An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Word from the Moderators

Lil Red

we know that the Vocation Station seems like it can be the forgotten phorum of phatmass, but it is not true. mods do step in here from time to time, and we will be stepping in here more often. we are here to remind you to practice the virtues of humility, patience, and charity. please remember your manners when you post. this is a friendly warning. posts that attack religious communities and/or religious will NOT be tolerated. if you have a beef with a religious community and/or religious, please explain clearly and charitably the problem you have with them and why. perhaps someone will be able to clarify your misconception (if that may be the case).

[b][u]Litany of Humility[/u][/b]
O Jesus, meek and humble of heart, Hear me.

From the desire of being esteemed, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being loved, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being extolled, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being honored, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being praised, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being preferred to others, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being consulted, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being approved, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being humiliated, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being despised, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of suffering rebukes, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being calumniated, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being forgotten, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being ridiculed, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being wronged, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being suspected, Deliver me, O Jesus.

That others may be loved more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be chosen and I set aside, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be praised and I go unnoticed, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be preferred to me in everything, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

[u][b]Charity[/b][/u]
"Charity is patient, is kind; charity does not envy, is not pretentious, is not puffed up, is not ambitious, is not self-seeking, is not provoked; thinks no evil, does not rejoice over wickedness, but rejoices with the truth, bears with all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Cor. 13:4-7).

To have Charity is to love God above all things for Himself and be ready to renounce all created things rather than offend Him by serious sin.
( Matt. 22:36-40)

[b]phorum guidelines
"If obedience doesn't give you peace, it's because you're proud." - St Josemaria Escriva[/b]

[b]Personal Attacks[/b]
A post or comment that has nothing to do with the topic, but is specifically meant to upset or criticize another person or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, calling people "heretics" (used in a derogatory manner), "democrooks", etc.

[i]"Never reprimand anyone while you feel provoked over a fault that has been committed. Wait until the next day, or even longer. Then make your remonstrance calmly and with a purified intention. You'll gain more with an affectionate word than you ever would from three hours of quarreling. Control your temper." - St Josemaria Escriva[/i]

[b]Negative Criticism of Other Religions[/b]
A post or comment that negatively criticizes (as opposed to constructively criticizes) a different religion in a way that is harmful to open ecumenical dialogue.

[i]"The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter." Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." - Catechism of the Catholic Church, 838[/i]

[b]Catholic vs Catholic Debate[/b]
A post or comment that results in doctrinal debates that might cause scandal among the faithful. *Effective immediately, any negative criticism of the current Magisterium will result in deletion, and a warning from the moderators. This includes but is not limited to criticism of the Novus Ordo mass and/or our Holy Father.

[b]Mature Content[/b]
A post or comment that has a subject matter not appropriate for underage visitors. The moderators will be asked to use good judgement, so please use common sense. Note: This should not be confused with theological or intellectual restrictions--this guideline only applies to the subject--not the level of discussion.

Edited by Lil Red

As another phorum moderator, I would like to add that the intention for this Vocations board has always been to encourage and support people as they go through the discernment process. If you would like to debate the orthodoxy of a particular member of the clergy or religious life, or the orthodoxy of a particular order, please take that to the debate table. It is important to the phatmass moderators that the Vocations board remain safe, nurturing, and welcoming.

[b]Prayer for Vocations[/b]
O Holy Spirit, Spirit of wisdom and divine love, impart Your knowledge, understanding, and counsel to youth that they may know the vocation wherein they can best serve God. Give them courage and strength to follow God's holy will. Guide their uncertain steps, strengthen their resolutions, shield their chastity, fashion their minds, conquer their hearts, and lead them to the vineyards where they will labor in God's holy service.
Amen.

St. John Marie Vianney, pray for us. St. Benedict, pray for us. St. Scholastica, pray for us. Blessed Virgin Mary, pray for us.

forgotten forum? Are you kidding, Vocation Station is the heartbeat of PM and I agree that the blood has been flowing a bit hot at times.

Another note that multiple sn's are not allowed. Please do not create them. We will find them, ban the multiple sn, and warn you.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Feb 5 2006, 09:18 AM']Another note that multiple sn's are not allowed. Please do not create them. We will find them, ban the multiple sn, and warn you.
[right][snapback]876286[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh... I was going to make a new one because I'm tired of the name zunshynn.... Is there some way to change my screen name without making a new one?

I WOULD kind of like to keep my post count and everything...

• 1 month later...
homeschoolmom

As a further warning:

Attention all posters! PLEASE keep your identity private. There are THOUSANDS of registared posters and MANY more who go unregistered.

Please be charitable.

Thank you.