An Old School Catholic Message Board

Made an appointment

Old_Joe

Well, I've finally made an appointment with the vocations director for next week. Nothing's for certain, yet, but I need to talk to him anyway. anything I should expect?

Laurentina1975

Still praying for you! Come back and let us know what happened. I met last night with a VD from a new community and I was nervous, but they have a way of interviewing you and you feel comfortable. They just wanna know where you are coming from.

Peace.
:)

Looks like I might have to reschedule. When I made the appointment I didn't know my work schedule, and they have scheduled for the same day. Shouldn't be a problem.

In other news, I took the Myers-Brigs Type Indicator. It's a test that tells what kind of personality you have based on 4 different scales (Extraverted vs. Introverted, Sensing vs. Intuition, Thiiking vs. Feeling and, Judging vs. Perceiving). It's helpful for making decisions such as careers, etc. One of the careers suggested for my type (ISFJ) was clergy. However the test said I was very close to ISTJ which is usually people like Police, detectives. I found that very funny because originally I was planning on going into Forensic Science, but now I'm wondering if the priesthood is for me. :lol:

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Feb 6 2006, 03:25 PM']In other news, I took the Myers-Brigs Type Indicator.  It's a test that tells what kind of personality you have based on 4 different scales (Extraverted vs. Introverted, Sensing vs. Intuition, Thiiking vs. Feeling and, Judging vs. Perceiving).  It's helpful for making decisions such as careers, etc.  One of the careers suggested for my type (ISFJ) was clergy. However the test said I was very close to ISTJ which is usually people like Police, detectives.  I found that very funny because originally I was planning on going into Forensic Science, but now I'm wondering if the priesthood is for me. :lol:
[right][snapback]877525[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Haha! Well I guess priests can sometimes be like detectives? :idontknow:
I wouldn't be too worried about the MBTI; I was a psych major and they really don't mean that much. It just helps people sometimes relate to others better because they're able to appreciate the other person's thought process better. Anyways, it's not like ALL priests are ISFJs!

[quote name='magnificat' date='Feb 6 2006, 07:39 PM']Haha!  Well I guess priests can sometimes be like detectives?  :idontknow:
I wouldn't be too worried about the MBTI; I was a psych major and they really don't mean that much.  It just helps people sometimes relate to others better because they're able to appreciate the other person's thought process better.  Anyways, it's not like ALL priests are ISFJs!
[right][snapback]877942[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

very true. Fr. Brown is a fictional priest by G. K. Chesterton who solves crimes. Not to mention that I've always thought that a story about a priest who through his role as a priest helps to take down the Mafia would make for a good story. I'm a pscyh major too. I don't think that the MBTI really labels people. More like it identifies tendencies in their personalities. I was talking to the guy who gave me the test. He said that even though a person tends to introverted, they can be extraverted, but they'll be uncomfortable doing it. He also said that people can change. It's kinda like what Dr. Sri (i think) said at FOCUS conference, "God doesn't call the equipped. He equips the called."

You're right about not all priest are ISFJs. I've known some very good priests who were extroverted.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel bad for the vocations director. I had to reschedule once because I had to work. Then we got our weeks mixed around. He thought it was one week I thought it was the next. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Feb 23 2006, 09:25 PM']I feel bad for the vocations director.  I had to reschedule once because I had to work.  Then we got our weeks mixed around.  He thought it was one week I thought it was the next.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]896118[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Whoops! The problem with living in a different town...that's why i do it over the phone or email...gets rid of that problem! hehe :P:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Feb 2 2006, 08:02 PM']Well, I've finally made an appointment with the vocations director for next week.  Nothing's for certain, yet, but I need to talk to him anyway.  anything I should expect?
[right][snapback]873753[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Did you go yet??? We wanna know how it went!

ThyWillBeDone

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Feb 6 2006, 03:25 PM']Looks like I might have to reschedule.  When I made the appointment I didn't know my work schedule, and they have scheduled for the same day.  Shouldn't be a problem. 

In other news, I took the Myers-Brigs Type Indicator.  It's a test that tells what kind of personality you have based on 4 different scales (Extraverted vs. Introverted, Sensing vs. Intuition, Thiiking vs. Feeling and, Judging vs. Perceiving).  It's helpful for making decisions such as careers, etc.  One of the careers suggested for my type (ISFJ) was clergy. However the test said I was very close to ISTJ which is usually people like Police, detectives.  I found that very funny because originally I was planning on going into Forensic Science, but now I'm wondering if the priesthood is for me. :lol:
[right][snapback]877525[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My class here at the Seminary took the Myers-Brigs last year, we discoverd that my class had many many different personality types. I really think that is the way it should be. God needs Priest with all different personality types. You will be in my prayers
God Bless