An Old School Catholic Message Board

eating cookies

dairygirl4u2c

If eating cookies became illegal, would it be a sin to eat them?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dang this poll is funny!

And I don't know about sin...but if it would become illegal...well let's just say I'd be getting me a cell phone and y'all would have a deal...err...supplier! :D:

[quote name='Cre8d4Youth' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:06 AM']Dang this poll is funny!

And I don't know about sin...but if it would become illegal...well let's just say I'd be getting me a cell phone and y'all would have a deal...err...supplier! :D:
[right][snapback]878641[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I could help you with that. I'd set up a bakeasy in my basement ...

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:10 AM']I could help you with that. I'd set up a bakeasy in my basement ...
[right][snapback]878642[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"Bakeasy" :lol_roll:

But that's too obvious...they would suspect that. So here's what we'll do... *speaks in hushed tones so the mods have plausible deniability*

We'll use Bingo nights at our local churches. I mean, who frequents bingo nights, grandmas! And who makes the best cookies? GRANDMAS!!! So we allow 40 or so play bingo, and the rest can make cookies. Then they cn rotate so as to all have a chance at feeding the monster...cookie monster that is. :wink:

We'll make a fortune and keep kids and stay at home dads fat and happy everywhere! We'll save the dairy industry!

Waitaminit...dairy industry...methinks dairygirl has alterior motives for ths poll now... :annoyed:

[quote name='Cre8d4Youth' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:15 AM']"Bakeasy" :lol_roll:

But that's too obvious...they would suspect that.  So here's what we'll do... *speaks in hushed tones so the mods have plausible deniability*

We'll use Bingo nights at our local churches.  I mean, who frequents bingo nights, grandmas!  And who makes the best cookies? GRANDMAS!!!  So we allow 40 or so play bingo, and the rest can make cookies.  Then they cn rotate so as to all have a chance at feeding the monster...cookie monster that is. :wink:

We'll make a fortune and keep kids and stay at home dads fat and happy everywhere!  We'll save the dairy industry!
Waitaminit...dairy industry...methinks dairygirl has alterior motives for ths poll now... :annoyed:
[right][snapback]878646[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_pound:

It's a fantastic idea! Grandmas DO make the best cookies, it's true. Although I do have one male friend who claims he makes "the best chocolate chip cookies ever." Maybe we can recruit him for the cause.

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:17 AM'] Although I do have one male friend who claims he makes "the best chocolate chip cookies ever." Maybe we can recruit him for the cause.
[right][snapback]878649[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
See, now that's not fair. I can make oatmeal, macaroons, snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, tarts, pies, cakes, and strudels (and my tummy shows it ;) but for the LOVE OF GOD my chocolate cookies ALWAY come out flat! :( Heck I even figured out how to make a "s'mores" cookie with graham crackers flour! (And for you weightwatchers...yeah, each cookie was about 19 points, do don't even think about asking me for the recipie! LOL) But I just can't seem to get chocolate chip cookies right.

And yet another reason I know God had Karen in mind for me...she makes my fave chocolate chip cookies! :D:

[quote name='Cre8d4Youth' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:24 AM']See, now that's not fair.  I can make oatmeal, macaroons, snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, tarts, pies, cakes, and strudels (and my tummy shows it  ;)  but for the LOVE OF GOD my chocolate cookies ALWAY come out flat! :(  Heck I even figured out how to make a "s'mores" cookie with graham crackers flour!  (And for you weightwatchers...yeah, each cookie was about 19 points, do don't even think about asking me for the recipie! LOL)  But I just can't seem to get chocolate chip cookies right.
And yet another reason I know God had Karen in mind for me...she makes my fave chocolate chip cookies! :D:
[right][snapback]878657[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
My chocolate chip cookies are fairly good. I generally add a bit of extra flour, and I add Frangelico (a hazelnut liqueur) to the batter along with the vanilla. It adds a subtle layer of flavor that's quite yummy.

[quote name='philothea' date='Feb 7 2006, 01:39 AM']You haven't seen enough of dairy's polls to understand.
[right][snapback]878341[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Unfortunately, I have.

photosynthesis

[quote name='Cre8d4Youth' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:24 AM'](And for you weightwatchers...yeah, each cookie was about 19 points, do don't even think about asking me for the recipie! LOL)
[right][snapback]878657[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
goodness gracious! what can you put in a cookie to make it 19 points?

hmm i get to smuggle cookies into prison now
or maybe i will just stock up on ingredients while in and of course lots of mirrors so i can concentrate heat and cook these cookies
THIS SHOULD BE FUN

crazymaine catholic

c is for cookie, that's good enough for me, c is for cookie...something something something... :D: too bad they supposedly make him eat carrots and stuff now. poor cookie monster. :ohno:

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 7 2006, 01:49 PM']goodness gracious!  what can you put in a cookie to make it 19 points?
[right][snapback]878855[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
marshmellows...milk chocolate chips...the graham cracker crumbs didn't help any...Don't entirely remember it all (read:don't want to divulge my secret powers!) Trust me, this mathwizz friend caculated it all out by adding ingredients, and dividing out by cookies produced and some other numerical fun stuff...

*burp* :yawn:

(Ok I know that smilie is a yawn, but dang, really does look like one heck of a *BUUUUuuuuUURrrrRRrrpp)