Unbreakable Posted December 16, 2003 Posted December 16, 2003 Physical: feminine, curvy, and healthy. Mentality: Playful, smart, caring, affectionate, willing, and understanding. I don't know, I guess the things I'd like in another person are simple things, but hard to find. I'd like someone who will dress up for me or wear a dress on sundays. Someone who can jump on me while I'm watching tv and wrestle me to the ground in a playful manner. Someone who appreciates me and wants to full fill my desires. Someone who is a affectionate. This is a big deal for me. If she can't hug or kiss me for no reason, then we won't last.
hyperdulia again Posted December 16, 2003 Posted December 16, 2003 *blah *blah *blah *blah *blah *blah *blah i'm lonely.
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted December 16, 2003 Posted December 16, 2003 Hmmm. Good thread. The kind of lady I would not mind being being with is one that has long hair, a nice proportionate body, and that is smart. I would want a lady that has a sense of sarcastic humor, so we can joke and make fun of each other. I would want a lady that is not afraid to wrestle or joke around. One that can understand me and just hold my hand forever. I would want to give myself to that person, and I would want her to give herself to me. One that can touch and feel me anytime for hardly any reason.
DesiringMore Posted December 17, 2003 Author Posted December 17, 2003 The more i grow each day and learn new things not only about myself, God, and others, but about what i look for in my future husband, the more i realize that what i once thought i desired, has changed and the desire continues to deepen yet in ways change because of my growth.....I can only imagine when i find the one who not only I desire but who desires me as well!!!! Someone i feel good enough for!! Am i worthy of such a person....hmmm....
Ash Wednesday Posted December 17, 2003 Posted December 17, 2003 I desire a lot of the things many look for in a spouse -- shares my faith, is my best friend and partner in life, i.e. we work together well as a team, would be a good father, etc.... But what I also especially ask for, as it is the only thing most in my own control, is that God may help ME to be a good spouse.
DesiringMore Posted December 17, 2003 Author Posted December 17, 2003 But what I also especially ask for, as it is the only thing most in my own control, is that God may help ME to be a good spouse. Amen to that one!!!
CICCIO Posted December 17, 2003 Posted December 17, 2003 I'd like a woman who I'm so in sinc with that neither one of us has to use words to communicate. Sounds strange and unlikely, but that's the kind of relationship i'd like. Don't get me wrong thouhg, i love long talks and discusions......walks on the sunset blazen beach, picnicks in the park, ice cream sundays and......ahem :P
DesiringMore Posted December 17, 2003 Author Posted December 17, 2003 I'd like a woman who I'm so in sinc with that neither one of us has to use words to communicate. i think that even in friendships this is possible...as for my future husband, yes, i desire this as well....
CICCIO Posted December 17, 2003 Posted December 17, 2003 AMEN Im glad to hear such optimism. You've ignited the flames of Hope in me! <== there's a flame
DesiringMore Posted December 22, 2003 Author Posted December 22, 2003 So what do you think about this....do you believe God already has someone made specifically for you or do you think that He didn't necessarily choose for you but He in fact knows who you're going to choos??...so many want to find THE ONE WHO GOD HAS FOR THEM....but what do you think??
SallyCat Posted December 22, 2003 Posted December 22, 2003 If He already knows who you are going to choose before you choose them then you didn't choose them. So if you didn't choose them wouldn't He have had to?
DesiringMore Posted December 22, 2003 Author Posted December 22, 2003 If He already knows who you are going to choose before you choose them then you didn't choose them. So if you didn't choose them wouldn't He have had to? that makes my head spin and my brain hurt thinking about such a question yikes...
SallyCat Posted December 22, 2003 Posted December 22, 2003 Too many questions too little time...The Dizzying(sp?) Human Condition
DesiringMore Posted December 22, 2003 Author Posted December 22, 2003 Remember Sallycat...don't take everything on this website or any other as GOSPEL truth...different opinions of others make OPINIONS very apparent...but you will find in time those who speak TRUTH and those who speak otherwise... the dizzyness makes me question and desire even more!! although confusing, i think sometimes it is needed....
DesiringMore Posted December 24, 2003 Author Posted December 24, 2003 If He already knows who you are going to choose before you choose them then you didn't choose them. So if you didn't choose them wouldn't He have had to? So, anyone want to tackle this question of Sallycat??? i look forward to hearing your thoughts!!
jmjtina Posted December 24, 2003 Posted December 24, 2003 We all have free will. The choice is ALWAYS ours, God doesn't choose, we do. There is a vocation we are called to, whether that be married, a nun, or a priest. God calls us to that vocation with that certain someone, it's just our choice whether to trust that He will lead us there, or we will get in His way and mess things up. God knows what we will choose, but He doesn't choose for us. He has the perfect plan, so it's about trusting Him......which is so difficult. Read the book by St. thomas aquanis' free will. He explains it better than I can. He writes in almost question and answer form. very good book. I like the fact that God is the matchmaker. I'm horrible at it. God is perfect and therefore is the most perfect matchmaker. That is what I believe. And He usually thinks bigger and better than I do anyway. ^_^
Katt1227 Posted December 24, 2003 Posted December 24, 2003 Of course we choose the person we are going to be with, or they choose us. THe beauty of the human condition is freedom. The Freedom to choose. In our freedom we choose to be with the person (or people) who we most desire to be with. I don't know if I necessarily believe that there is one person out there that God has destined me to be with for the rest of my life. I'm not sure I like the idea of God playing matchmaker all the time. I think that God creates each of us out of his image and we are called to certain vocations (one of which being the married life) and if we care called to that vocation, then we find the person with which we are to live out that vocation. Much like someone who joins the religious life seeks out the community they want to belong to, we seek out another person who compliments us in the best way(s) possible. But we freely choose to follow the indications that God sets out for us and for His will for our lives.
angelica Posted December 24, 2003 Posted December 24, 2003 (edited) If He already knows who you are going to choose before you choose them then you didn't choose them. So if you didn't choose them wouldn't He have had to? DesiringMore Posted on Dec 21 2003, 09:35 PM So what do you think about this....do you believe God already has someone made specifically for you or do you think that He didn't necessarily choose for you but He in fact knows who you're going to choos??...so many want to find THE ONE WHO GOD HAS FOR THEM....but what do you think?? As the Catholic Church teaches, God is all-knowing and all-perfect. Being that he's PERFECT, if we are called to marriage, he knows EXACTLY who is JUST the right person for us, the PERFECT person! God is Perfect, there can be no doubt about that. We have free will. God gave us this and will never force anything on us in ANY way. Now, God is all-knowing. His knowing everything before it happens is a part of God, God doesn't live in time restrictions like we do--there's no future or past with Him. He is the I AM--the alpha and the omega, beginning AND END So, being all-knowing, yes, indeed, he already knows what we will freely, willingly, free-willingly CHOOSE using our free will. Free will is exactly what it is, however, with God being God and being all-powerful, our free will does not restrict him from being ALL-KNOWING. Without interfering with our free will whatsoever, because he would NEVER interfere with our free will, he is nevertheless ALL-KNOWING, knowing what we will choose now and at the end of our lives. He always offers his mercy and grace to us (which we can receive by keeping his laws, receiving the sacraments, going to Sunday Mass, praying, etc.) so that we are given the opportunity to choose the best choice possible so that we can be as happy as we possibly can. Notice I said opportunity because he never forces. Like jmjtina said, no matter how much we think this or that thing is perfect for us, or in this case no matter how perfect or not we think this or that future spouse is for us, we have to remember we are imperfect and God is not--so by ourselves, we will always choose imperfectly...but God? He will always choose our spouse PERFECTLY! I use the word choose not to mean that he chooses for us and we lose our free will--when I say "he will always choose our spouse perfectly", I mean he knows the perfect choice for whatever we need if we let him be a part of the decision-making. We have to let him.....how? Prayer, frequenting the sacraments like Confession and Communion....so by asking God to help us choose our future spouse (or vocation) we will be choosing perfectly since we will be allowing the All-Perfect One to help us choose the best spouse for us. God bless, angelica Edited December 24, 2003 by angelica
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now