An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pontifical College Josephinum

DeoOptimoMaximo

DeoOptimoMaximo

Hi everyone!!

If I continue my discernment for the priesthood with the Glenmary Home Missioners, I would go to the Josephinum (Columbus, OH) as an aspirant to finish college, then thru Glenmary's pre-noviate and noviate.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the Josephinum seminary, i.e. traditional, etc...?

Thanks and God Bless!

Your brother in Christ,
~Shawn

Fides_et_Ratio

The PCJ is crazy awesome! The best priests that I know have gone there. Especially their most recent ordinations have turned out some amazing orthodox (small 'o') and traditional priests entirely devoted to serving Christ through His Church.

PS-- I could ask a couple of the seminarians I know if they wouldn't mind talking to you... do you have AIM?

The Josephinum is great! It's very orthodox. I know several seminarians there now, and several who might be going there in the fall. I would definitely recommend it! I know that they sometimes have discernment days or week-ends that some of my guy friends have gone to, so it might not be a bad idea to go on their website and see if any are coming up. My prayers are with you!

DeoOptimoMaximo

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Feb 10 2006, 07:36 AM']The PCJ is crazy awesome! The best priests that I know have gone there. Especially their most recent ordinations have turned out some amazing orthodox (small 'o') and traditional priests entirely devoted to serving Christ through His Church.

PS-- I could ask a couple of the seminarians I know if they wouldn't mind talking to you... do you have AIM?
[right][snapback]882776[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks Fides et Ratio!!!

My AIM is Aeronaut2002, but I'm not on that often... I can be reached at Aeronaut2002@aol.com, so feel free to pass my email along. I'd love to hear from some seminarians! Thanks!!!

God bless!
~Shawn

Hey,

The PCJ is a great seminary. However it is not supported by any diocese or college, it is run on it's own. The Mundelien summary for example, is sponosred by the Chicago Archdiocese and by Our Lady of the Lake University.

The PCJ is going bankrupt, and have sold 95% of the land which at one time they owned. If no large beneficiary comes forward, it possibly will be shut down due to lack of funding.

Yours in Christ,

Ed

P.S. it is a good seminary though. :;)

daugher-of-Mary

The PCJ is WONDERFUL!!! I can also give you one of the sem's screen names if you like!

[quote]The PCJ is a great seminary. However it is not supported by any diocese or college, it is run on it's own. The Mundelien summary for example, is sponosred by the Chicago Archdiocese and by Our Lady of the Lake University. [/quote]

It's Vatican turf ;) :D: I had not heard about the bankrupcy thing though. :ohno: Could you pm me your source of info for that, Eddie? Thanks!

In December I attended the funeral for Abbot Mackin from St. Norbert Abbey, present were all the abbots of the Norbertine Order, including the Abbot General. I sat at their table for the Luncheon, and we were discussing how I am entering the college seminary. We talked about seminary's and the topic of the PCJ came up, and he siad that they have sold every bit of their land to still be able to keep a college.

That is from General Abbot Emeritus, Hemigold