An Old School Catholic Message Board

Snowboard Gold Medalist

Jaime

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Feb 13 2006, 08:32 AM']They gave him the medal back because pot is the opposite of a performance enhancing drug.
[right][snapback]885686[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

NO.

Pot was a banned substance for the Olympiocs and their rules where clearly defined. They gave him back the medal becasue he cried second hand smoke which is proven impossible. The rest is purely political.

[quote name='Church Punk' date='Feb 13 2006, 08:38 AM']Ross was from BC... If you  have ever been to BC you would know its hard to not be exposed to second hand smoke from POT!!!! Everywhere you go people are smoking it. Outside of resturants, on the Farry to Van Isle, at the bus stop, on the beach, at the ski hill. Everywhere. If he was so much exposed to this it would show up in his trace elements in his blood.

Im sure he has smoked before, but as this discussion was had in the other thread and everyone agrees Marijuana is not a performance enchancing drug. Thus the ruling was over turned. End of Story, he was the best rider! and Im sure Shawn White has smoked up once in his life!
[right][snapback]885696[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Experts disagree... You cannot have notable traces in your blood with only second hand smoke. But let's not destroy this thread though.

He was the best rider? Sure... Ben Johnson remains to this day the fastests man of all-time too; but he didn't deserve to keep his medal. Neither did the other guy because they broke the rules; plain and simple.

No a performance enhancing drug; I don't care. He did not deserve to represent Canada (he disobeyed the law), he did not follow the rules, he did not respect Olympic requirements. He should not have gotten the gold medal, and should have been banned both from the Olympics AND from representing Canada.

:pirate: :hijack:

Didacus...

the differance between Marijuana and Steroids in a high performance athletic event is HUGE!!!!! I agree with you Ben Johnson did not deserve the medal.

But consider this, nearly all world class sprinters that can run the 100 in sub 10 seconds have taken performance enhancing drugs in their life time. Does this count as cheating? or is it just gaining the competive edge then not taken the drug any more to not test positve for the Olympics.

Anyway I dont want to hi-jack the thread.

I'm sorry but I'm with Didace on this

If he was stoned, his capacity for Doritos would be greatly enhanced. Plus rumor has it that his coach HAD A BAG OF DORITOS AT THE FINISH LINE!!!. And they were US Doritos and not Canadian. (which are generally less cheesy)

Have you ever tried to stand between a stoner and his Doritos?

Total performance enhancement drug

When Doritos are on the line

[quote name='Winchester' date='Feb 14 2006, 01:13 PM']It is not illegal to have pot in your bloodstream; it is illegal to possess pot. There is no real proof he broke the law.
[right][snapback]887250[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oin the contrary; the only way he could have traces of cannabis in his blod stream was to have consumed the drug. furthermore tests can show that he consumed the drug long term.

If you do not obey the law of a nation, you should not represent it.

If the rules says; 'no pot' then the rule should apply.

The olympics hadc identified cannabis as a banned substance, performance enhancing or not. To my kinowledge it still is. So why would we have this 'rule' then? So that liberal nations can bypass the rule like they bypass everything else?

that medal is, and remains a black stain on Canada, just like legalised aboritons and same-sex marriage.

[quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='Feb 14 2006, 01:34 PM']i rate this thread a 3/10 for the lame look-alikes and the pot discussion
[right][snapback]887269[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You're a thread rater?

When did we start this?

I rate it a 3.5 out of 10. I would have given it a 4, but people insist on rating it.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Feb 14 2006, 04:21 PM']You're a thread rater?

When did we start this?

I rate it a 3.5 out of 10.  I would have given it a 4, but people insist on rating it.
[right][snapback]887427[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No worries Volo is the Korean judge. He always scores low for the americas

Edited by jaime

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:18 AM']One time last year I was at my gym working out and Carrot Top was there. He's super buff.
[right][snapback]885674[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:ohno: :pinch:

And now I'm really hungry for Doritos...