An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocations Blog

BurkeFan

One of my friends, Br. James Brent, OP, asked me to post the following link to their blog: [url="http://vocations.blog.com/"]http://vocations.blog.com/[/url]
They're trying to build up interest in the site and use it as a forum for preaching. It's part of a larger effort to use the channels available through the media to preach. So, go, visit, etc.
Also, in other news (since I haven't been around for awhile): I affiliated with the Eastern Province a few months ago and have begun the application process to enter this summer. Pray for me!

Birgitta Noel

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Feb 16 2006, 05:57 PM']Also, in other news (since I haven't been around for awhile): I affiliated with the Eastern Province a few months ago and have begun the application process to enter this summer. Pray for me!
[right][snapback]889627[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Gosh we need to catch up! But what great news! Congrats!

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Feb 16 2006, 05:22 PM']Gosh we need to catch up!  But what great news!  Congrats!
[right][snapback]889663[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks! It's been a crazy time, these past few months in terms of discernment. Give me a call or something sometime, or dop an IM, or an e-mail, and we'll get together.

Awesome! I hope to be able to attend the novices' profession this summer, and really hope one of my friends from Christendom discerns a vocation with them and enters as well so I can see him in a habit before going off and entering a Dominican monastery myself! I'll meet you too, if you're there. I will keep you in my prayers!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 16 2006, 07:58 PM']Maybe they made it that way for a reason. ;)
[right][snapback]889751[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
u dork!!! they did not!!!! :lol_roll:

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Feb 16 2006, 05:57 PM']Also, in other news (since I haven't been around for awhile): I affiliated with the Eastern Province a few months ago and have begun the application process to enter this summer. Pray for me!
[right][snapback]889627[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You don't like the Central Province ones in Jesuit Hall? :P: Prayers for you though. I love reading Dominican blogs!!!

Edited by shortnun

[quote name='shortnun' date='Feb 16 2006, 08:50 PM']You don't like the Central Province ones in Jesuit Hall?  :P: Prayers for you though. I love reading Dominican blogs!!!
[right][snapback]889917[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that I don't like them, because you should know that I like very much a good many of them. I just feel much more called to the Eastern Province. And, I did grow up in Eastern Province territory, though that territory recently was taken over by the Central Province.
Ed: Thank you for the prayers! You, magnificat and I (and BirgittaNoel) should get together for coffee at Quotations sometime soon.

Edited by BurkeFan